Bec & Chris - Wishes Wedding 03/01/11 WP/WHR/SCP - Some extra pics and **COMPLETE**

Sounds like everything is coming together well for you.
I hear ya on the the 3 attendants on each side!
YEAH! for booking Misty!!!
I'm also looking at doing the Richard Petty Experience for DFs wedding gift. He has always wanted to do it...So, I'm gonna let him-after the wedding!
Your honeymoon sounds amazing!!!
I'm also working on the videography and hair (but you knew that already!)

Sounds like everything is coming together nicely!! How exciting! It's really awesome that you've got so much figured out already! :goodvibes

Hi - Just caught up with your PJ and love your plans.

The dress is stunning, the 'rich' chocolate and gold theme is fabulous, and the BMs latte dress is lovely.

If you need anyone to taste those strawberries, I'm only too happy to offer my services.... In the meantime, looking forward to seeing the rest of your plans unfold.
x

I'm in the process of sending out a wedding newsletter to let everyone know what our plans are.
I've given them to a few people that I've seen and so far the response has been really good, but I've still got to post the bulk of them.
I'm at work at the moment :rolleyes1 but I'll try and take some photos when I get home to show you what they look like.
I have majorly plagerised them from other Disbrides though, so don't be suprised if you read a really familiar paragraph or two! :laughing:

I'm in the process of sending out a wedding newsletter to let everyone know what our plans are.
I've given them to a few people that I've seen and so far the response has been really good, but I've still got to post the bulk of them.
I'm at work at the moment :rolleyes1 but I'll try and take some photos when I get home to show you what they look like.
I have majorly plagerised them from other Disbrides though, so don't be suprised if you read a really familiar paragraph or too! :laughing:

No worries...Someone will plagerise yours too! It's all about the C.A.S.E principal...Copy And Share Everything! :thumbsup2

As promised, here is a picture of the newsletter I’m sending out. I’ve hand delivered all of the ones for people who live near me, but I still have about 40 to send out. I just have to take them to a post office some day soon... :rolleyes1

100_5306.jpg

100_5307.jpg

Close up of the detail.

100_5308.jpg

On the back.

Here is the wording:

Yes, it’s true.
We’ve decided to get married at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida!
And we would love for you to join us!
We do understand that this is a big ask, and that not everyone is going to be able to join us on our special day, that’s why we’re giving you as much notice as possible, and sending out as much information as we can, in hopes that you might just come along.
At this stage we’re hoping for a March 2011 wedding. Due to Disney restrictions, we’re unable to book an official date until 8 months before the wedding. In the mean time though, we’d like to give everyone as much notice and information as possible, so you can start saving and planning!

One of the best things about having a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding is that they really do a lot of the work for us! As one of the people invited to our wedding ceremony and Walt Disney World reception, you will be receiving a save-the-date directly from Disney sometime in July 2010. This save-the-date is actually a packet of information that will explain how to reserve rooms as a guest of our wedding. This will allow you to receive discounts on your hotel stay, park tickets, etc. Our guests will be able to book discounted rooms at their choice of three Walt Disney World resorts, and purchase discounted Disneyworld park tickets.

Because our wedding guests cannot officially book rooms under our wedding party until after they’ve received the save-the-dates, we encourage you to wait before making travel arrangements, in order to receive the discounts. Of course, you don’t have to book a room through our wedding and you definitely don’t have to stay on Disney property. However, we recommend Disney hotels, because transportation between the airport, the hotels, the parks, and the wedding chapel is very convenient (and free!) which means Disney hotel guests won’t need to rent a car.

So What’s Next? Start thinking about whether or not you’ll be making the trip to Florida. If you’re coming, but you’ve never been to Walt Disney World before, we strongly recommend getting a guide book!!! There’s a lot going on down in Orlando and it’s easy to be overwhelmed the first time around. A guide book will let you consider all of your options, especially when it comes to restaurants! People make reservations at Disney restaurants months in advance and if there’s a restaurant that you just have to eat at while you’re in Florida, we recommend booking those tables early!

We’ll send out our own Save-the-Date, as well as another newsletter around the same time that you’ll receive the Save-the-Date from Disney. The next newsletter will talk about travel options and other discounts that you may want to take advantage of as you plan your vacation. We will also give you the details of our wedding website, so you can keep up to date and you can check there for more information if you have questions. If you already know you won’t be joining us, or later decide that you won’t be able to make it after all, just let us know and we can take you off the mailing list.

Feel free to let me know your email address if you have one, so I can send all future letters there and save on paper.

We hope you can join us one way or another as we celebrate! Thanks for all the love and support!

Love Chris & Bec.

Thank you to all the Disney brides that I’ve plagiarised from! I wouldn’t have known where to start without you! :rotfl:

oh i like what you have written!! its everything you need to let the guests know and to the point!

I might just *cough cough, ahem... borrow a little bit from you! heheh!!!!

Wonderful!!!:thumbsup2

I will too use your newsletter as inspiration :lmao:
I have started talking to my guests about coming to our VR, they seem rather receptive, overall since a lot of them live in FL, (thank goodness!), my parents aren't sounding too thrilled about the whole thing, but then again it is like pulling teeth to get them to visit me and they only have done so after I spent months in recovery after the hospital.

Still I will keep insisting, it is imperative they make it!

oh i like what you have written!! its everything you need to let the guests know and to the point!

I might just *cough cough, ahem... borrow a little bit from you! heheh!!!!

Wonderful!!!:thumbsup2

I will too use your newsletter as inspiration :lmao:
I have started talking to my guests about coming to our VR, they seem rather receptive, overall since a lot of them live in FL, (thank goodness!), my parents aren't sounding too thrilled about the whole thing, but then again it is like pulling teeth to get them to visit me and they only have done so after I spent months in recovery after the hospital.

Still I will keep insisting, it is imperative they make it!

Steal away! I will feel much better about my stealing if I know other people are stealing from me! :rotfl:

More and more people are getting excited about my wedding, which I think is great when I'm talking to them, and then I get home and start working out how much this is going to cost us! :eek:

:laughing: Oh well, it's my fault for inviting them all because I didn't think they'd come!

The newsletter is perfect ... I think it gets the right balance of "we'd love you to come" and "we're doing this anyway" :lmao:

2011 will come round really, really fast! You'll enjoy your planning all the more now that your plans are 'out there' and other people are begining to get excited too.:yay:

Yeah, I'm actually getting worried about how fast it's coming. We haven't actually started saving yet, so as each week (or month as the case may be) passes by, I have to recalculate how much we need to put away each week to make sure we reach our goal! :lmao:

So I think I may have found my shoes...

LilyRoseGigiCrystalsIvory.jpg

I love them and I think they're gorgeous, and they're just right, all except for one thing - I wanted gold shoes, and I mean gold - so you look at them and say "yes, that colour is gold." The one's pictured are Champagne, which is that little bit too light, you can also get a coffee like colour, which is really nice, but still not gold...

So, I don't know whether to get them and think about it, because I'd probably still wear them every now and then anyway. Or if I should just keep looking, because I already have wedding shoes in a champagne colour... I got them to go with another wedding dress, which I explain shortly :rolleyes1

So what does everyone think?

I adore the shoes :yay: hmmm - they definitely are not gold though but, as my daughter says, a girl can never have too many shoes!! How about wearing these for the ceremony, and then swapping into something gold for the reception (dancing) and/or beach shots (sandals)??

You can always recalculate the budget again from next month .... :rolleyes1

The newsletter is fantastic!! Makes me wish I had a reason (or excuse even! Lol) to do one! :upsidedow As far as shoes go, if you're having doubts about the ones you already have then maybe they're not THE shoes for your big day! Besides, the ones you just posted are super cute. ;)

I love the newsletter, it reminds me of a scroll which would have been used for announcements hundreds of years ago but more modern of course.

I also love the shoes but you have plenty of time to find the gold shoes you really want before the wedding. Also, if you buy those shoes would you really wear them? I know I would keep them in a box until the wedding day so they couldn't get damaged :scared1:

You could set up an automatic transfer to your savings account every month, it is amazing how quickly your savings build up and you hardly notice the money disappearing!

I adore the shoes :yay: hmmm - they definitely are not gold though but, as my daughter says, a girl can never have too many shoes!! How about wearing these for the ceremony, and then swapping into something gold for the reception (dancing) and/or beach shots (sandals)??

You can always recalculate the budget again from next month .... :rolleyes1

I know, I really love these because they are just too cute! :lovestruc

The newsletter is fantastic!! Makes me wish I had a reason (or excuse even! Lol) to do one! :upsidedow As far as shoes go, if you're having doubts about the ones you already have then maybe they're not THE shoes for your big day! Besides, the ones you just posted are super cute. ;)

The reason I already have a pair, is because they go with the dress I already have :laughing: ok I'll explain a little. When I was in the US in May, I went dress shopping. I was amazed at the prices, so dirt cheap compared to anything we have here. I tried on a dress and fell in love with it. It was gorgeous, but not what I wanted for my wedding dress, because it was so cheap though, I couldn't leave the store without it. So I bought it, and the matching shoes and hand bag. Now I've known from the beginning that it wasn't going to be my wedding dress - unless I simply can not find another one that I like - it was always going to be my At Home Reception dress, so the shoes and the bag were always going to be my at home reception accessories. However, I can't really justify buying more wedding shoes unless they are exactly what I want, because the AHR shoes will match any dress anyway, so there's really no reason to spend more money, on more shoes... :confused3

Lovely newsletter.

I'd wait to find a gold pair of shoes.

I think I will... Maybe I'll buy these shoes in black as just going out shoes...

I love the newsletter, it reminds me of a scroll which would have been used for announcements hundreds of years ago but more modern of course.

I also love the shoes but you have plenty of time to find the gold shoes you really want before the wedding. Also, if you buy those shoes would you really wear them? I know I would keep them in a box until the wedding day so they couldn't get damaged :scared1:

You could set up an automatic transfer to your savings account every month, it is amazing how quickly your savings build up and you hardly notice the money disappearing!

That is usually what I do, but at the moment our auto transfer is paying off our credit cards from our last trip :laughing: They'll be paid off soon, and the money can start going into the wedding fund...

Oooh such cute shoes!!!

I have a friend who is a complete shoe-a-holic on the lookout for mine. I too want golden shoes, or a very specific shade of blue.
I am not a girly girl and I have zero balance so I need short heels of just flats.

I know what you mean about clothing prices in Europe. I lived in Spain most of my life and whenever we made it to the US on holiday we would always bring extra empty suitcases to load them up with clothes! :rotfl:

I'm at work counting down the minutes until lunch time... popcorn::

I received a sample contract from Misty this morning :cool1: but there's only so many times you can read through a contract before it gets boring... :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter