Bec & Chris - Wishes Wedding 03/01/11 WP/WHR/SCP - Some extra pics and **COMPLETE**

I'm so proud of myself, because seriously I can not sew! :lmao:

But look what I did! All by myself! :goodvibes

100_5315.jpg

It's a garter! In my colours and everything! :love:

Here's a close up.

100_5311.jpg

Oooh! I am impressed!

It's beautiful, great job!

The garter looks great and will be a lovely keepsake, well done!

Are you booking Misty? We're really looking forward to working with her - all her photos other Disbrides have posted look amazing :worship:

Oooh! I am impressed!

It's beautiful, great job!

Awesome! Good job! :thumbsup2

Excellent job :thumbsup2

The garter looks great and will be a lovely keepsake, well done!

Are you booking Misty? We're really looking forward to working with her - all her photos other Disbrides have posted look amazing :worship:

Thanks, I wasn't going to say, but it's actually my 3rd attempt :laughing: I'm pretty happy with it, but I still might have a go at making another one, then I'll have a range to pick from, and I can always try selling the others on ebay!

Yeah I'm planning on booking Misty, I can't quite bring myself to do it yet, because I feel like the wedding is too far awy to have anything officially booked! I should do it though, because the AU$ is quite high at the moment...

Brilliant job on your garter, dear! :goodvibes It's really cute!!

Thanks!

Does anyone have pictures of blokes wearing a tux similar to the one that I want DF to wear? By that I mean a black jacket and pants, and a white shirt, tie and vest?

I've got the picture that I posted earlier, but I want pictures of it on people, DF doesn't really like it, because he thinks you wouldn't be able to see the tie and vest, but I know you can and now I just need to prove it to him :rotfl:

I think I've decided that I'm going to have the groomsmen in white shirts instead of the black shirts, but everything else the same - gold vest and tie - I think it's the safer way to go. I'll post a pic later today.

I haven't contacted any companies, but is anyone able to tell me roughly how much it costs to rent a suit, as apposed to buying one?

Oh, and I found a seller on ebay, who has a dress shop, who has told me that she could sell me the Alfred Angelo BM dress for $110 each, plus postage. :banana: I think this is pretty good because the dress at my local wedding shop is $270AU. and $110 in AU$ is around $140... So I know that it's better to buy it from her, then from here, but does anyone know of someone that sells them cheaper? I mean the real dresses too, not knock offs.

TIA.

Here's the picture of what I want the groomsmen to be in now.

MensWarehouse-WhiteGroomsmen.jpg

MensWarehouse-GroomsmenWhite-NoJack.jpg

Great job on the garter! I'm so impressed, what did you use on the inside of it?

I would wait a little bit on the shoes. I know what you mean, while it would be nice to have fantastic wedding shoes, do I really need to spend the extra money on them? I just got a pair of silver shoes I'm going to wear to DF's sister's wedding, I figure if they are comfortable, I'll just wear them to my wedding too. Then they'll already be broken in. Have you tried zappos or shoebuy? They are online sites that have a ton of shoes, in the US they have free shipping and returns, not sure if it is the same internationally but I always order a few pairs and return the ones I don't want, it's awesome!

I like the new groomsmen outfits, the black on black was a little dark and I think the gold goes better with the white.

Congrats on finding the BM dresses so cheap! Have you looked at them in person anywhere? I just ask because I really liked an Alfred Angelo dress for my BM's but when I saw the dress in person it didn't look the same at all and it was super cute on their website. Not to stress you out and it was not the dress you picked, but I would hate for you to get the dresses and then not be able to return them if you didn't like them.

Thanks, I basically just sewed a fat ribbon in half, and fed through some elastic that was shorter then the ribbon, then I put the ends together and sewed it all up. Really easy!

I think I've decided that I will wait on the shoes, it's just so rare that I find shoes that I like, so when I do find a pair I think "omigod! Buy them quick!" :rotfl:

I've seen similar suits to the black and gold before, and it looked pretty hot, but then I saw a wedding party locally that had all black with white ties, and I couldn't stop thinking how tacky it looked, then I realised that it was pretty close to what I'd picked! :lmao: The gold on the white is really growing on me now, so I think I'm happy with it.

They've got the Alfred Angelo dress in a local dress shop here, it's just what I want, but the price here was just a little over the top :eek: So I was happy to find them cheaper!

hey! Haven't posted on here yet so I thought I would. Everything looks great! I feel like a slacker because you are so ahead! Haha I really like the BM dresses....I would even consider them for mine :rolleyes1

Looking forward to hearing more!

I really like the new suit idea. and that garter is very creative and cute!! me i dont have a creative bone in my body. :lmao: i guess ill just have to buy one.

Carolyn Allen just quoted me $130 & $150 plus tax for two of their tuxes that I asked about.

oooooh i like the garter! well done girl! i could never do anything like that! :thumbsup2

Thankyou!! :goodvibes

I mentioned previously about having already bought a dress, the reason for that is because while over in Connecticut in May, I wandered into a David's Bridal and tried on a few dresses.

I fell completely in love wth one dress, but knew it wasn't going to be my wedding dress for 2 reasons:

• I wanted a ball gown or A line gown

• My mum would kill me if I bought my wedding dress, without first taking her dress shopping
:rotfl:

But on the other side of it, I loved this dress, and I'm from a place where wedding dresses are roughly 4 times the price of this dress :eek:

So I bought it :goodvibes

100_4777.jpg

100_4828.jpg

I also got a matching handbag and shoes...

And here's some other dressed I tried on, none of them the one, but they sure were fun to try on! :laughing:

100_4785.jpg

100_4788.jpg

100_4795.jpg

100_4801.jpg

100_4819.jpg

100_4833.jpg

100_4844.jpg

100_4851.jpg

100_4855.jpg

100_4858.jpg

Don't mind the expression on my face in some of those pictures... :laughing: I'm never quite sure if I should be smiling or what... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter