Bec & Chris - Wishes Wedding 03/01/11 WP/WHR/SCP - Some extra pics and **COMPLETE**

I've organised for engraving to be done on our wedding rings. They're going to say "Because God made thee mine, I'll cherish thee" it's a line from an old song called Because. It doesn't mean much to me, but it's been on DF's family's rings for generations, and the only time it wasn't used was for DF's mother's first marriage, and obviously it didn't work out well, but every ring it's been on, the couple are still happily married. Including DF's mothers 2nd wedding ring.

So I'll take on their tradition. :flower3:

I think the engraving is complimentary with the rings too, which is always a bonus.

BTW, if anyone knows the song Because, and knows a good version of it please let me know. The only ones I can find I don't like that much...

Just waiting for Michelle to call for our planning session. DF has already fallen asleep. He couldn't quite make it, but that's fair enough, he's been awake for 17 hours today. :sick: It's only 10:40pm, but that's well past his bed time.

I think we've roughly decided what we want, it's just a matter of making sure it can be done, and we can afford it. I'm really looking forward to getting our first BEO, but I'm not looking forward to seeing how far over budget we are! :laughing:

Good luck Bec! :cheer2:

Just have fun and remember you can always trim things out after you get your first BEO. We won't be getting ours for quite a while so I am not worrying about it one bit, I am also keeping my vision of the whole day pretty open and basic, we added a lot of extras, but I haven't even visualized them knowing full well they might get cut immediately after we get those BEOs. :thumbsup2

Yeah, my mantra for the next couple of weeks will be "Prepare for sticker shock. Prepare for sticker shock." :lmao:

What a great tradition with the ring engravings and its a nice private thing too since its inside the rings. I was curious about the song and did a quick search it looks like there are tons of versions of it. They have all of them listed on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Because_(1902_song)

Curious to hear how the planning session went :goodvibes

Holy Dooley... I knew a fair few people had sung the song, but had no idea there were so many! I suppose I'll just go through them one by one until I find one I like. :confused3 :laughing:

I lay byed (Is that the past tense of lay by?? :lmao:) A bunch of shirts today for when the boys go "Drinking Around The World" I'll have to post a picture of them, but they were perfect. They say in big green and gold lettering "Aussie Drinking Team" and we're going to do a list of everyone's names on the back.

The didn't have any extra larges though, so I'm going to try and recreate the picture on the front and do a transfer onto 2 XL's for my dad and my brother. I pretty much bought every shirt they had though, so hopefully no one else decides to join them! :rotfl:

I'm excited to find out how the planning session went too! :laughing: I'm waiting to hear back from my planner, I know it will take some time though. I also need to get back to her about our DP food and what songs I want the organist/harpist to play. Michelle's going on holidays from I think the 20th to the 28th, so hopefully she'll be able to get back to me by then, if not it's no great loss though... :confused3

Got our first BEO back! :cool1: I'm trying to type it up to post, but it may take a couple of days so please bare with me!

We were actually pleasantly surprised at the cost, we'll still be cutting a few things, but we will be able to afford it, which is a big plus! :lmao:

On a sad note, my grandmother actually passed away last night. :sad1: We knew it was coming but it's always sad. She's in a better place now, but we'll all miss her.

Im soo sorry Bec, I know how hard it is losing someone you love. Regardless of the situation, I am sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I know your grandmother will shine down on Florida on your special day and will always be a wonderful part of your life! :hug: Big Hugs!!

Also, Im soo excited your BEO was better than expected! Thats awesome! Cant wait to see it!! Type faster!! :lmao: jk..kinda!

Im sorry Bec. :hug: I had my great grandmother pass away the week before Christmas and I still miss her like crazy I used to take her out every Sunday for lunch. Hope its not too hard for you.

On a positive note im glad you didn't get sticker shock from your BEO.

I am so sorry hun. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Can't wait to see the t-shirts and yay for the BEO.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :goodvibes I really appreciate it.

So here's a pic of one of the t-shirts I lay byed.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

And here's a pic of one I recreated in XL

DSC_0004-1.jpg

Yes, I realised that while I remembered to reverse the wording I didn't remember to reverse the flag, but oh well, it's not green and gold in real life, so I figured I could also take some creative licence with it, and now it's backwards... :laughing:

All in all though I'm very happy with how they turned out. Now I'm still going to add a list of names to the back of the shirts, but that can wait until 've got the rest off lay by.

I promise the BEO is coming. The computer I've got them on has a flat battery, and my mum has the charger.

Ok. As promised, here is our first BEO: :wizard:

Wedding Ceremony: 2:00pm-3:30pm on Tuesday March 1st 2011

Grand Floridian 36 Guests

Catering fees and equipment
1 wedding pavilion usage @ $3000.00 ea - $3195.00

Entertainment
1 Harpist @ $800.00 ea - $800.00
1 Vintage car @ $900.00 ea - $900.00

Transportation
1 Limousine - Charter @ $376.64 ea - $376.64

Estimated Event Total: $5271.64

Wedding Pre-reception/Reception: 3:30pm-8:30pm on Tuesday March 1st 2011

Bar
30 hosted house wine @ $6.75 a glass - $260.96

Catering Food & Beverage
18 plated - Beef & Lobster @ $93.50 a guest - $2168.80
18 plated - Chicken, shrimp and scallops @ $89.50 a guest - $2076.02
36 International & Domestic Cheese Display @$9.75 a guest - $452.32

Catering fees & Equipment
1 fee - Bartender @ $100 each - $106.50

Entertainment
1 Ipod set up @$250.00 - $250.00
1 weddings basic landscaping package @ $1085.00 each - $1085.00

Estimated total: $6399.60

Dessert Party: 7:30pm-8:30pm on Tuesday March 1st 2011

AV and technical services
1 wishes audio package @ $495.00 each - $495.00

Bar
30 hosted house wine @ $6.75 a glass - $260.96

Catering Food & Beverage
1 wedding cake - GF only @$475.00 each - $612.11
36 Fondue station - GF only @ $10.00 a guest - $463.91

Catering Fees & Equipment
1 outdoor setup fee @ $75.00 each - $79.88
1 fee - bartender @ $100.00 each - $106.50

Estimated Event Total:$2018.36

Bridal Portrait Session: 6:00am on Friday March 4th 2011

Grand Floridian. 2 guests

Photography. Video & Multimedia
1 2010 MK plus Epcot Bridal Portrait @ $1400.00 each - $1400.00

Estimated Event Total: $1400.00

Estimated program Total: $15089.60

So far we're going to get rid of the harpist, the vintage car, the basic landscaping package (ficus trees with twinkle lights) and possible the music for wishes. So that brings it down another $3000 :banana:

We also don't want the cake gluten free, but we are going to add in more desserts for the DP, but I've organised for the cake cutting to be done at the DP, so we get it with the other desserts. That's dependent on the weather though.

Haven't really had the chance to talk to DF about it, but we (by we, I mean me, and I let DF know :rotfl:) sort of decided that we'd see how much our floral BEO comes to and try and reduce this BEO by that, because our budget is $15000 :cool1:

BEO looks great, Bec! How long did it take you to get it after your PS?

Love the t-shirts! What a neat idea. I think it's cute that the flag is backwards :goodvibes

So sorry to hear about your grandma, too. :hug:

That's an awesome BEO, you did great! And it came back sooo fast after your PS.

I am still waiting on mine, but I had TONS of custom items for the menu, plus custom cake and also have floral and whatnot so I am expecting it to take longer.

The cuts you are looking at look reasonable, I like the idea of doing the cake cutting at the DP, I hope the weather cooperates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter