Beam me up, Scotty!

srutko1226

Earning My Ears
The worse part of planning a vacation is the actual packing. It makes me have digestive issues. I can do the planning. I can do research. I can have the docs in hand.

And then.....I start to pack and it is like I dropped a bomb in my house.

I am grateful that I have a husband that can pick up a suitcase and tell you how much it weighs within a pound.

The key is baby steps, my friend, baby steps.

A few weeks before the vacation, I start moving non-essential things (things I won't need in the next few weeks) to a drawer or a box or a place in the closet. Not too much at once!! Don't want to get overwhelmed :scared1: Just a couple things here and couple things there.

About a week before the vacation, I do a quick inventory to see what I have and what I still need to do. DO NOT PULL DOWN THE SUITCASES YET! YOU ARE NOT READY!!!

Two days before I leave, THEN it's okay to bring down the suitcases. Start packing SLOWLY, so as to not incite a panic attack (been there, done that). Get your Disney laundry done and put together.

Then, the day you are ready to leave, you just throw in the last minute things like makeup, hairdryer, etc., and you are ready to go!:banana:

What I did, and this was years ago, make a Disney packing list and keep it on my computer for future trips. This list can be adjusted slightly for a different season or current weather. So, all I have to do is go down the list and pack 1. 7 t-shirts, 2. 7 pairs of socks....40. Camera 41. tooth brush etc.. You dont have to make this list in one day, just get a pad and start numbering and listing, once you cant think of anything else put it down for a day. Then the next day look over it again and try visualize each day of your trip and what you will be doing,wearing and using, you will find more things for your list. This list is also a good starting piont for making a non Disney trip too. I never feel like I forgot anything.

I have a dresser in the guest bedroom that has my WDW clothes in it. I do not wear any of these shorts or tshirts outside of our trips to WDW. The old ones get rotated into regular use as I buy new stuff.

That doesn't help with DH and DS packing, but they are now both old enough to do their own.

I keep a box for toiletries that I find on sale through the year. I look for soap,shampoo, and conditioner that has bonus bottles attached. Many times they are larger than travel size but smaller than the full sized items.

It's important to have a list so that you can check it off as you go. Phone/camera/ipod chargers go at the top of the list in big letters since those are next to impossible to replace while there. (I learned this one when I had to have DSIL who lives in FL bring me a camera charger from WalMart on our 2nd trip).

And as a PP said, just do a little at a time.

This is why Owners Locker is one of the absolute BEST services out there (IMO) https://www.ownerslocker.com/ :worship::worship::worship::worship:

Thanks to John & OL we now travel with nothing but a carry on. I will admit that having a washer/dryer (DVC) makes it easier as well but there's nothing like arriving at your resort & having all your "stuff" there waiting for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter