Beach Club Villas Renovation

Recently on this board it was reported that work would begin after first of year. Hoping it does!

Recently on this board it was reported that work would begin after first of year. Hoping it does!

Interesting. We've got reservations there from 1/5-1/12. I must admit that after all this time, I kind of hope that they delay it a little-I mean, not start while we're there. DH is running the Dopey, and we're planning on a few rest days at the resort. Not looking forward to possible "magic-making" noise then.

We just got back from a stay at BCV. Yes the hallway carpets were a mess (although new carpet - I assume the test carpet - looked great on the 1st floor) but the rooms are fine. They need to be updated, etc but are not in horrible shape: everything worked, nothing was broken, the place was clean, etc. We can't wait to stay there post rehab but were perfectly happy with our 1 BR villa.

Just returned from BCV last week.

4th floor carpets were stained, mostly by the doors, and they were running a self propelled cleaning machine around up there. When done, the carpet looked faded, but not dirty.

Room 440 was in pretty good shape. The only nit picks were a sticky closet door, and a cracked handle on the refrigerator door that didn't affect its usage. That, and on trash and towel day, they didn't replenish the toilet paper (I asked a housekeeper in the hall for some and got it).

Will they be adding the murphy bed to the One Bedrooms so a family of 5 can stay in there?
If they follow VWL renovation (similar sized rooms) they will put the pull down bed only in the studios. So the studios at VWL officially sleep 5 and the 1BR officially sleeps 4. I am not sure but I think they did the same at BWV?

If they follow VWL renovation (similar sized rooms) they will put the pull down bed only in the studios. So the studios at VWL officially sleep 5 and the 1BR officially sleeps 4. I am not sure but I think they did the same at BWV?
Yes the renovated studios at BWV have the pull down bed under the TV. Stayed in one last week for our 1st night. They sleep 5. The 1 bedroom does not have the pull down, it sleeps 4. (We were in a renovated 1 bedroom for the rest of the trip.)

Yes the renovated studios at BWV have the pull down bed under the TV. Stayed in one last week for our 1st night. They sleep 5. The 1 bedroom does not have the pull down, it sleeps 4. (We were in a renovated 1 bedroom for the rest of the trip.)

It's like they want to make room for larger families who don't want to spend much money on the room. PVB is all studios and all studios refurbished sleep 5 while the 1 bedrooms still sleep 4.

It's like they want to make room for larger families who don't want to spend much money on the room. PVB is all studios and all studios refurbished sleep 5 while the 1 bedrooms still sleep 4.

Some could be families of 4 that don't want or need a one bedroom but want room for siblings to not have to share a bed.

It is nuts that you can stuff a family of 5 in a studio, but if you want a bedroom you have to go all the way up to a 2 bedroom!

Some could be families of 4 that don't want or need a one bedroom but want room for siblings to not have to share a bed.

I'm sure there are but I'm also sure that there are families who like 1 bedrooms and would like to have separate beds for siblings.

Any updates? We rcvd a letter indicating there would be improvements taking place during our stay at the end of March. Thanks.

Hey guys!
I'm just wondering how you think this will affect availability?
I'm hoping to rent points for a studio for wither late August or late October, but with renovations, I assume that will make things that much harder to book.
I'm just waiting on booking flights (will be first week of feb, there's a travel expo here in Melbourne Aus, and usually they have great flight deals) and then i'll pull the trigger on a room.
Also, how would I find out current availability?
I cant see on the boards where I can ask and don't want to break any rules by posting a thread asking for help with availability.

thanks!!

Hey guys!
I'm just wondering how you think this will affect availability?
I'm hoping to rent points for a studio for wither late August or late October, but with renovations, I assume that will make things that much harder to book.
I'm just waiting on booking flights (will be first week of feb, there's a travel expo here in Melbourne Aus, and usually they have great flight deals) and then i'll pull the trigger on a room.
Also, how would I find out current availability?
I cant see on the boards where I can ask and don't want to break any rules by posting a thread asking for help with availability.

thanks!!
I don't think it will have a huge impact on availability. They work on as few rooms at a time as possible. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter