Beach, beach, beach....and some CL too please :) The RC Queen's 2015 TR

Thank you and welcome :) I went back to school part time Spring 2013 and I remember being on the balcony overlooking the beach thinking this is NOT vacation...so last summer I took a leave from school. I am glad I did, and when I registered for classes I told my advisor if I'm not done by August I'll wait until Fall ;) The Dean approved me doubling up my last term to get it done. I'm projected to graduated Summa Cum Laude (never heard of it before). She explained I need to maintain my 4.0 this final term, but honestly I'm not sweating it....if I get a B I will still get Magna Cum Laude (I hope I'm spelling it right). Long story short (too late), I have 10 weeks left, and the last eight weeks will be a doozy. I am as much of a perfectionist with school as I am with vacation, except vacation is SO much more fun. Thanks for listening to my rant ;)
That's awesome. :cheer2:I know first hand how hard it is to do school and work at the same time. My dh graduated last May "Summa Cum Laude" and received the "Academic Achievement Award" for his degree. He sounds a lot like you. He is such a perfectionist! That's one of the things I truly admire.

Keep up the good work. You can do it!

Thank you for all the kind words my DISfriends, my family is my world and they are awesome...even when I am ready to pull my hair out.

Did I ever introduce myself? My name is Jeanette, AKA Pas, Nurse Pas, Mommy (lol), any or all of the above. Nurse Perdue (I broke my foot a few years ago...two weeks before a trip of course, by dropping a frozen whole chicken on it :crutches:) . I am a Disney addict, and I am proud. I live, work, breathe Disney. As we speak I have a YouTube WS video on just to hear the background noise. Late last year my RC DISfriends (grumpygrandma, missoutandabout, and babyberger) introduced me to Swagbucks. You basically earn points from surveys and videos (kinda like Perk) and trade them for Target giftcards. Target sells Disney giftcards at 5% off..basically you are paid in Disney dollars. Is it time consuming, kind of BUT I opened a Disney vacation account to load my gift cards into and so far I have over $1000 from Swagbucks. This is our food money.

Speaking of food.....ADRs, my DH hates ADRs and TS meals. So I only have three, Cape May breakfast, Tusker House breakfast, and Via Napoli lunch. The breakfast ADRs are around 10am, and will break up the CL routine a little and give DH a chance to have his beloved Mickey waffles :D

That's awesome. :cheer2:I know first hand how hard it is to do school and work at the same time. My dh graduated last May "Summa Cum Laude" and received the "Academic Achievement Award" for his degree. He sounds a lot like you. He is such a perfectionist! That's one of the things I truly admire.

Keep up the good work. You can do it!
That is AWESOME! You're a great support to him, "the wind beneath his wings"! I am fortunate to have some downtime at work inbetween transports to try to get some homework done. Most of my career was in the ER, now I work full time doing critical care transport on an ambulance.....I LOVE IT!

:wave2::beach: We have kept Poly. The new main pool deck looks great. And Trader Sams. We arrive on 22nd. Made breakfast adr at Trails End for 23rd, and plan on keeping it this time!! Lol. Going to be a resort day at the pool, weather permitting. Maybe nip into MK at night.

We love the Gulf coast, and did a few pre wdW stays at St. Pete Beach. Nothing like floating around the gulf with your pool noodle! Then you can use it at SAB lazy river too!!

Have to agree with your husband the FOTL pass at Universal rocks!! And no crazy pre planning FPs 2 months before arrival. Much less stress!

:wave2::beach: We have kept Poly. The new main pool deck looks great. And Trader Sams. We arrive on 22nd. Made breakfast adr at Trails End for 23rd, and plan on keeping it this time!! Lol. Going to be a resort day at the pool, weather permitting. Maybe nip into MK at night.

We love the Gulf coast, and did a few pre wdW stays at St. Pete Beach. Nothing like floating around the gulf with your pool noodle! Then you can use it at SAB lazy river too!!

Have to agree with your husband the FOTL pass at Universal rocks!! And no crazy pre planning FPs 2 months before arrival. Much less stress!
Hi Sue!! I have always loved the Poly pool, and it still looks nice! Plus the castle AHHHHH. Hawaii GV rooms (most of them anyway) are by the quiet pool, and I just couldn't deal with overlooking that. I tried to rationalize it with the CL view, but I needed to face the fact we are no longer a monorail family :( That said, I am really looking forward to doing a EPCOT resort with the kids....it'll be "A Whole New World".... :)

We do love BC/YC too. And it's fun exploring all the dining that area has. We love the pub next to Yachtsman Steak house. Great burgers, no ADRs!!

Your kids are getting so BIG! I haven't seen pics of them lately and sheesh!

Happy family you have there:goodvibes

Your kids are getting so BIG! I haven't seen pics of them lately and sheesh!

Happy family you have there:goodvibes
Too big :hug: Two Disney adults, and every year one by one I gain another haha. Time goes too quick, as you know....

I tried swagbucks, but I did not get very far with it. Shopkicks, however, does get me some target credit to use towards Disney cards with the 5% discount if you purchase with a target visa card. Everyone gets at least one $50 Disney card. The harder we all try, the more we accumulate. Maybe I should try harder at swagbucks.... $1000! towards food would be great.

So - is the only way to get points in swagbucks by watching short videos?

I tried swagbucks, but I did not get very far with it. Shopkicks, however, does get me some target credit to use towards Disney cards with the 5% discount if you purchase with a target visa card. Everyone gets at least one $50 Disney card. The harder we all try, the more we accumulate. Maybe I should try harder at swagbucks.... $1000! towards food would be great.

So - is the only way to get points in swagbucks by watching short videos?
Shop kicks??? Hmmmm more Disney dollars :) I do the short high value surveys and Shop and earn. If you meet the daily goal every day there's bonuses and just doing that can get you about a $50 target gift card.

If you let me send you an invite, you get a bonus and each point you get is copied to me too for the first ten days. PM me if you want the invite before you install app. I also linked a card and get shopkick backs for purchases. But, just walking by the store entrances earns points.

If you let me send you an invite, you get a bonus and each point you get is copied to me too for the first ten days. PM me if you want the invite before you install app. I also linked a card and get shopkick backs for purchases. But, just walking by the store entrances earns points.
Shopkicks is only for going to stores? I was trying to read up on it. Target seems to have stopped giving the 5% off the giftcards. bummer but I at least took advantage when it was available. Hopefully it's only temporary.

I drove by Safeway today and all four of us got 100 shop kicks each. We walked through Macy's and each got 50 shop kicks. If you buy a pack of gum and the gift card, you should still get 5% off if you pay with the target Visa card.

I drove by Safeway today and all four of us got 100 shop kicks each. We walked through Macy's and each got 50 shop kicks. If you buy a pack of gum and the gift card, you should still get 5% off if you pay with the target Visa card.
That's how it was, now it's the 5% off only for the non-GC purchase...drive, by hmmmm...

Joining in and loving all your plans. What a lovely family you have. I was a nurse a decade or two ago and still miss it at times. I'm a child minder now as it works best for my family but we had our 30 year reunion (since we started nursing) last November and it was so much fun to meet up with everyone again. Love the Bc and can't wait to hear more :yay:

Joining in and loving all your plans. What a lovely family you have. I was a nurse a decade or two ago and still miss it at times. I'm a child minder now as it works best for my family but we had our 30 year reunion (since we started nursing) last November and it was so much fun to meet up with everyone again. Love the Bc and can't wait to hear more :yay:
Thank you for joining the party! I always kid that when I don't want to do critical care anymore I want to hug and snuggle and feed babies in the nursery :) Our 20 year reunion is coming up soon. Time flies. I can't wait to hit Beach Club!!! The "no planning" is killing me. So I just watch a lot of YouTube videos :)

An "almost" resort change.....I priced out (again) WL CL with the summer AP discount yesterday. DH actually did say if it was what I really wanted it's fine. Was it what I really wanted? Hmmmmmm...
  • walk to Epcot-BC
  • walk to Grey Goose slushie-BC
  • SAB-BC
  • DD8 looking at pictures of the BW hotdog and funnel cake stand.....
Nope, Beach Club is where its at :)

An "almost" resort change.....I priced out (again) WL CL with the summer AP discount yesterday. DH actually did say if it was what I really wanted it's fine. Was it what I really wanted? Hmmmmmm...
  • walk to Epcot-BC
  • walk to Grey Goose slushie-BC
  • SAB-BC
  • DD8 looking at pictures of the BW hotdog and funnel cake stand.....
Nope, Beach Club is where its at :)

Very proud of you for not forgetting how much everyone (else) wants to stay at BC and try out SAB for the first time. That WL Honeymoon Suite is just too small for all of you;), you'd need all four:rolleyes:

Very proud of you for not forgetting how much everyone (else) wants to stay at BC and try out SAB for the first time. That WL Honeymoon Suite is just too small for all of you;), you'd need all four:rolleyes:
It was the bestest trip, and the CMs at OFC....AMAZING. I want to share that with the kids I guess, but I guess the HM room is too small for the seven of us ..... :rolleyes: DH has promised to go grab anything I want at any moment :drinking:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter