Be Our Guest... what am I missing?

We were so underwhelmed at our dinner I cancelled a second dinner reservation I had for another night during our trip. I enjoyed the first visit only for the atmosphere, and my little one's excitement over the Beast. The food was a huge disappointment for us and we actually chose to go to Boma for dinner instead of returning to BOG. However, it is Disney and I'm hoping that it may improve at some point as I feel their restaurants do improve in some instances.

I was a big fan of the Beauty and the Beast movie growing up so the atmosphere of the restaurant is incredible to me. I feel like I've been transported into the scenes of the movie from the moment I walk in. I'd eat there just because of that and nothing else, but we have had breakfast and lunch there and really liked both meals - pricey as they are.

The snow falling in the French Alps outside the windows of the ballroom is so cool. The West Wing is very dark and mysterious and the music box room is pretty too. I take it for what it's worth and love every moment of being in that atmosphere.

Ha ha, this could be a contributing factor. I'm not a big Beauty and the Beast fan, so the scenery doesn't really hit home for me.

First, it's not for everyone!! We happen to 'love' eating there and enjoying the ambiance, 'but' we do lunch, which is lots less $$'s. To us, the braised pork and french onion soup (no tiny cupcakes, thanks) are delicious and worth the cs price. We have gone 4 times and have ressies for next trip! :goodvibes

Fair point, I've only eaten there for dinner, so perhaps I would appreciate it more if I was paying less, ha ha. :rotfl2:

Why do people say this is the only option that isn't chicken fingers or burgers in MK? I know the menus and there are lots of options.

Yeah, MK is getting better. It's certainly not on a Disneyland level yet, but the changes to Pecos Bills were a great plus. I do miss the original Noodle Station.

Please tell me where these much better restaurants are. We really enjoy BOG and the food mostly because I feel it's hard to get decent meals in the World. Where have we missed??

In our humble opinion, BOG (atmosphere, food, ability to order wine) blows any other TS option at MK completely out of the water. We LOVE it!! :love:

Personally, my favorite at MK is Liberty Tree Tavern. I love the atmosphere, and the food is always excellent. I'll take quaint charm with good service over a cavernous ballroom any day. :thumbsup2

We just got home from our first trip to Disney and BOG was one of the most unexpected surprises of the trip. We thought the food was really good. I think timing played a factor. We had a 9pm reservation and it was 9:30 until we sat down. We were in the West Wing. The service was great. We had plenty of time to take in the décor and DS could walk around and have fun looking at the details. The server was relaxed and told us all about the BOG attraction, for lack of a better work, and paced our meal so we could go meet the Beast prior to our entry.

All that being said, I think two hours early we would have had a very different experience.

We just got home from our first trip to Disney and BOG was one of the most unexpected surprises of the trip. We thought the food was really good. I think timing played a factor. We had a 9pm reservation and it was 9:30 until we sat down. We were in the West Wing. The service was great. We had plenty of time to take in the décor and DS could walk around and have fun looking at the details. The server was relaxed and told us all about the BOG attraction, for lack of a better work, and paced our meal so we could go meet the Beast prior to our entry.

All that being said, I think two hours early we would have had a very different experience.

You make a terrific point. Our dinner reservation wasn't quite that late but was close! We were coming from the west coast so it was a totally fine time to eat dinner, but those without drastic time changes had started petering out. So maybe that's why I didn't sense the chaos some have talked about; it's not like I'm immune to chaos - I will NEVER go back to Via Napoli because of the (atrocious food, bad service, and) sheer noise in that room. But maybe that's why I didn't get bothered by it, because it was later.

But at lunch during Food&Wine (and Wine&Dine) I didn't feel the chaos, either.

I love be our guest. I eat the lamb overtime its delicious. the onion soup is amazing as well. beauty and the beast might be one of my favourite disney movies of all time! So when I get to see it live and in person Its great. I will say i hate eating in the west wing. its dark and loud and when the lightning hits it really just looks bad. but in the ballroom its amazing!
some people just dint like it there... understood. i actually HATE CRT! its not good food at all.

if your looking for a good restraint in disneyworld i recommend tony's its Fantastic!

We're going to eat lunch at BOG because I can eat great food anywhere, but Disney World is the only place I can eat in the Beast's castle. It's a dining experience unique to Disney, and after all, I chose to go on vacation at WDW because I love all things Disney. :)

I agree with OP. The food was just OK and we felt like we were rushed. Service was So-So. My wife found a piece of plastic in her food, they took it off the bill, but her dinner was ruined. It took me 4 trips to get a ressie and I have to say we were disappointed. But we did it and now we don't have to go back.

We've never done the TS dinner, but we did the lunch in one of the first years it was open and we thought it was great for what it was. Sure it was lunch, and a sandwich and who knows what else but sitting in the West Wing and watching the kids (other people's, not ours...we have none) was great. In October we did the breakfast and thought it was fantastic, we shared the meats and cheeses platter and also the thing with the Hollandaise sauce. We thought both were quite good and not terribly priced....for Disney.

We've always found the Main Dining Room (Ballroom) and Library a little too "cafeteria dining room" for us.

We've eaten lunch there several times and enjoyed the food and atmosphere each time. We've never entertained the idea of dinner as the menu doesn't appeal to us. We will continue to go for lunch as long as it stays QS; if they change it to TS it will lose some of the appeal for us. For now it is a reasonably priced good meal in MK and is a once per trip must do for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter