• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest Restaurant Preview!

Any firm date of when it's opening for lunch? We're going on Sunday (Nov4) and are hoping to try BOG for lunch. Thanks!

Just finished there and we loved it! I write up what we ate and they moved my thread somewhere....not sure where...

Just finished there and we loved it! I write up what we ate and they moved my thread somewhere....not sure where...

It's in the "Disney Dining Reviews" subforum. Your review sounds great! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Honestly the lunch menu is more appealing to me than the dinner one. I wish you could make an ADR for lunch! I have a dinner ADR for the last night of our trip in Feb, and now I am thinking that I will try for lunch earlier in the trip, and if we're able to eat without waiting a long time, I might cancel the dinner. Or we can just do both. :) But I think I read that for lunch you don't eat in the "ballroom" dining room, can anyone confirm this for me?

Simba's Mom said:
Did you try any kids offerings? Some of them look good in pictures.

And did you try any desserts? I'm especially interested in the lemon meringue cupcake. That has the potential to be soo good!

The lemon merengue cupcake was delightful! Light, lemony and not too sweet. I ate every morsel!

Here areopinions of the BOG food offerings:

I took part in a menu tasting for BOG.
This is the third eatery preview I was able to attend (Turf Club
and Wave Breakfast buffet being the other two). We sampled
items from both the lunch and dinner offerings. This was done
off-site, of course. The eatery is a 1-QS-credit for lunch and
a 1-TS-credit for dinner, so do not expect "Signature" dining
quality. Unfortunately, I was not able to get to taste all of the
menu items, as they were gone before I got to them. Below is
my opinion of those I did sample.

LUNCH:
. . . tuna nicoise salad - good, but light on the olives for my taste
. . . croque monsieur sandwich - Béchamel sauce needs more nutmeg
. . . turkey on a warm baguette - good, especially the dijon
. . . grilled steak sandwich - not tasted
. . . braised pork - gone before I got to it
. . . vegetable quiche - sorry, but real men don't sample quiche

DINNER:
. . . pork rack chop - unfortunately, the pasta out-shined the pork
. . . rotisserie rock hen - nicely done and highly recommended
. . . pan-seared salmon - tasty, but average as far as fish go
. . . grilled strip steak - didn't taste, but others said slightly tough
. . . sautéed shrimp and scallops - were only so-so
. . . oven-baked ratatouille - well above average

Thank you for posting this- it's very helpful. Now to decide between the ratatouille and the rock hen.

I had a chance to try dinner at BOG last night! After entering the new Fantasyland yesterday afternoon, I was surprised to be asked If I'd like to have dinner there that evening. Yes, please! The atmosphere was amazing, especially the falling snow and Beauty and the Beast music playing. Their "signature dish", shrimp and scallops in puff pastry, was wonderful. Finally a Disney restaurant that I'm excited about returning to!

The interior of the ballroom is terrific... The snow falling and everything is quite impressive...

Themeing is excellent...

The area was open at the 10/30 Not So Scary Party

We were there on October 31st - lucked out and were allowed in for lunch, then got to tour the entire FLE!

The food was wonderful, but the best part was the atmosphere. We ate in the ballroom, right next to the window, watching the snow fall. After lunch, a CM let us tour the Rose Room a then gave us a tour of the West Wing. It was incredible!!

How often are they having these "previews'? We are going the the world next week. Do you think it's possible to "walk in"? Maybe if you get into the preview for Belle? Or even for the MNSSHP or MVMCP?
We can hope!!

How often are they having these "previews'? We are going the the world next week. Do you think it's possible to "walk in"? Maybe if you get into the preview for Belle? Or even for the MNSSHP or MVMCP?
We can hope!!

The MNSSHP will be over by the time you get there. If you are going to the MVMCP they may have it open then.

We were fortunate enough to be the first family served lunch at BOG. I managed to be in the right place at the right time and found out they would start serving meals there the next day. I waited for an hour to be first in line and it was worth it. They took our photo as the first family and the CMs clapped as we entered the dining room. I was so excited to be there I couldn't even eat my meal! We were allowed to sit in any dining room we chose and we did sit in the ballroom. With the snow falling it was magical. I was so anxious to finish my meal so I could get up and go look at the other rooms. It is a beautiful restaurant and I look forward to many more meals there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter