Be Our Guest Restaurant Preview!

Oooooo this is neat! Can't wait to see the magic in person pixiedust: :jumping1:

Can't wait! It sounds like a great experience, not *just* somewhere to dine. Thanks for sharing :)

OK, now this is the second time I've seen in the articles mentioned above that the dessert IS included in the dinner price. I've mentioned this before, and everyone jumped in saying no, it was NOT included in the price.

Also, all of the restaurant must be included in the lunch seating areas. I had been under the impression that only one part was open for lunch, but seems that is not the case.

This is getting more interesting by the day as new articles come out explaining more and more about the seating and menu.

I'm happy we have our ressies for end of Nov. and also hope to have a lunch while we are there also. :woohoo:

Oh wow! Love the castle goblet! Everyone else may be excited about the alcohol but sign me up for the True Love punch heh. Thanks for sharing!

tinkluvr23 said:
Oh wow! Love the castle goblet! Everyone else may be excited about the alcohol but sign me up for the True Love punch heh. Thanks for sharing!

I agree!!! That goblet WILL be mine!

I agree!!! That goblet WILL be mine!

Same here! That plus both of the tankards from Gaston's! Am I a sucker or what?? ::yes::

But I am justifying spending the $$$ because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie ever, and I am a cheapskate in the parks the rest of the time, so it evens out! :cool2:

parkhopping said:
Same here! That plus both of the tankards from Gaston's! Am I a sucker or what?? ::yes::

But I am justifying spending the $$$ because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie ever, and I am a cheapskate in the parks the rest of the time, so it evens out! :cool2:

I plan on getting the one's from Gaston's too lol! They so saw me coming when they made something Beauty and the Beast!

Here areopinions of the BOG food offerings:

I took part in a menu tasting for BOG.
This is the third eatery preview I was able to attend (Turf Club
and Wave Breakfast buffet being the other two). We sampled
items from both the lunch and dinner offerings. This was done
off-site, of course. The eatery is a 1-QS-credit for lunch and
a 1-TS-credit for dinner, so do not expect "Signature" dining
quality. Unfortunately, I was not able to get to taste all of the
menu items, as they were gone before I got to them. Below is
my opinion of those I did sample.

LUNCH:
. . . tuna nicoise salad - good, but light on the olives for my taste
. . . croque monsieur sandwich - Béchamel sauce needs more nutmeg
. . . turkey on a warm baguette - good, especially the dijon
. . . grilled steak sandwich - not tasted
. . . braised pork - gone before I got to it
. . . vegetable quiche - sorry, but real men don't sample quiche

DINNER:
. . . pork rack chop - unfortunately, the pasta out-shined the pork
. . . rotisserie rock hen - nicely done and highly recommended
. . . pan-seared salmon - tasty, but average as far as fish go
. . . grilled strip steak - didn't taste, but others said slightly tough
. . . sautéed shrimp and scallops - were only so-so
. . . oven-baked ratatouille - well above average

Here areopinions of the BOG food offerings:

I took part in a menu tasting for BOG.
This is the third eatery preview I was able to attend (Turf Club
and Wave Breakfast buffet being the other two). We sampled
items from both the lunch and dinner offerings. This was done
off-site, of course. The eatery is a 1-QS-credit for lunch and
a 1-TS-credit for dinner, so do not expect "Signature" dining
quality. Unfortunately, I was not able to get to taste all of the
menu items, as they were gone before I got to them. Below is
my opinion of those I did sample.

LUNCH:
. . . tuna nicoise salad - good, but light on the olives for my taste
. . . croque monsieur sandwich - Béchamel sauce needs more nutmeg
. . . turkey on a warm baguette - good, especially the dijon
. . . grilled steak sandwich - not tasted
. . . braised pork - gone before I got to it
. . . vegetable quiche - sorry, but real men don't sample quiche

DINNER:
. . . pork rack chop - unfortunately, the pasta out-shined the pork
. . . rotisserie rock hen - nicely done and highly recommended
. . . pan-seared salmon - tasty, but average as far as fish go
. . . grilled strip steak - didn't taste, but others said slightly tough
. . . sautéed shrimp and scallops - were only so-so
. . . oven-baked ratatouille - well above average

Question on the shrimp and scallops...

It says they are served "in puff pastry." Was the puff pastry the main part of the dish, here? Or could you, say, get rid of the pastry and still have a decent meal of shrimp and scallops?

Did you try any kids offerings? Some of them look good in pictures.

And did you try any desserts? I'm especially interested in the lemon meringue cupcake. That has the potential to be soo good!

Got to preview lunch here yesterday. It was delicious, and fun! Since it was a preview, it was not crowded, we got to choose whichever table we wanted, there were seats available in all of the rooms. The Croque Monsieur was delicious, just be careful, the bechamel sauce dripped out when bit into. The potato leek soup and French onion soup were both good, as was the turkey sandwich. It is a fun experience, ordering, selecting your table and putting your "enchanted rose" on your choice of a table. You get your beverage and then your meal is delivered to you. I am not that impressed with the dinner menu, so I don't know that I will do it for dinner in the near future.

all of the restaurant must be included in the lunch seating areas. I had been under the impression that only one part was open for lunch, but seems that is not the case.

What we are hearing is that when BOG is up and running you are shown to one of the dining rooms to pick a table. You will not be able to roam around and check out the other dining rooms.

I hope someone tries the quiche soon! That is what I want to try, and no one has sampled it yet, apparently. I want a review; I'll keep checking!

DH and I were lucky enough to have dinner last night at BOG during MNSSHP. The food was great but the atmosphere was my favorite part. I tried the French onion soup, shrimp and scallops and the strawberry cupcake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!