Be Our Guest Restaurant for Lunch!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by campinggirl, Nov 27, 2012.

1. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

MrEVILdrPorkchop2u DIS Veteran

We ate lunch there on Wednesday. Thought our lunches were all very good except DD wasn't thrilled with her quiche. DW tasted it and said it was pretty good. The braised pork was wonderful. We also had dinner there the night before. I will say we are glad we had both meals. We would go back for counter service but most likely would not eat dinner there again. Dinner was good, restaurant is BEAUTIFUL, but eating dinner there once will be enough for us. Glad we got the chance to try both meals though!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pooh2

Pooh2 Dis Veteran

Does anyone know if BOG takes the Tables in Wonderland card?

4. cseca

cseca <font color=darkorchid>My legs are wimpy but my wi

Yes they do :)

5. bigAWL

bigAWL DIS Veteran

I thought I saw someone post that they only wook TIW for dinner table service. Not for lunch. Can anyone verify?

Edit: I looked at the TIW website after I posted this and indeed the site says BoG accpets it for Dinner only.

6. cseca

Yes sorry I thought the question implied dinner service.

7. bigAWL

bigAWL DIS Veteran

Could have been. But by the title, this thread is about lunch.

8. jakers2154

jakers2154 Earning My Ears

When I went there a couple weeks ago during the time of the previews of New Fantasyland. I got to go to be our guest for lunch and dinner on separate days and every thing about it is amazing. The food was very good and decoration is the best I have seen out of Disney in a long time. Its not really crowed during lunch but at dinner its packed.Overall I give this restaurant a 9.5/10.I put it at 9.5 because I wish they had a bigger selection in desert.
    :thumbsup2

9. mike the canuck

mike the canuck https://www.youtube.com/user/reelbigfishtml

Here is video from my lunch experience:
    http://youtu.be/b_79w_k_o-I

There was a line to get in at 10am even though it doesn't open until 10:30am

10. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

Awesome video! It looks beautiful, especially the ballroom!! I really can't wait to visit there in the spring. I really liked that you showed how the ordering screens work. One question, when the CM brought your food to your table, did you have to leave it there to go get your drink?

11. mike the canuck

mike the canuck https://www.youtube.com/user/reelbigfishtml

Thanks! I did have to get up and fill my drink.

12. cseca

Just FYI:
    If I remember correctly the kid's water and juice they will bring together with the meal.

13. GrumpyFamilyof5

GrumpyFamilyof5 DIS Veteran

question please, what are the actual prices of the sandwiches for lunch?? I have seen two different prices 10.99 and 8.79, which is correct??:confused3
    Thanks!:)

14. jmv223

jmv223 Earning My Ears

I had lunch there last week, and although I don't remember exact prices, they were definitely in the 9.99-11.99 range for the entrees. I think the cupcakes were 3.99. I was on the dinning plan, so my receipt doesn't have prices on it. But I do remember they were higher than what was listed on www.allears.net.

15. GrumpyFamilyof5

GrumpyFamilyof5 DIS Veteran

thank-you,just trying to get an idea of how much it will come to for 4 of us!

16. MommaLuman

MommaLuman Earning My Ears

Yes lunch is a cs credit! And very much worth it! We went thanksgiving week right after opening and it was great! Got here early like right around 11 and only waited 15 mins

17. cyndilou01

cyndilou01 Mouseketeer

can it be used at BOG? and does anyone use the tables in wonderland trying to see if it is worth purchasing

18. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

See Post 84 on the previous page of this thread.

19. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

BOG thakes TIW at dinner but not at lunch.

20. tophatgirl

tophatgirl Mouseketeer

Just joining the thread!

21. debbie1996

debbie1996 Earning My Ears

I guess I'll repost this here as I accidentally posted it on the dinner thread originally. We ate there for lunch on Sunday 1/6. We were in line about 11 and were ordering after around 30-40 minutes. My husband and I ordered the steak sandwich while my daughter (10) ordered the meatloaf and my son (9) ordered the macaroni with marinara (I noticed that several menus showed this only on the dinner menu, at least this week it was a lunch offering). We also ordered two chocolate cupcakes to share.

We chose the West Wing as the main ballroom was very large and noisy and we thought it would be quieter. My kid's didn't love the dark theme - I'm sure younger kids would be freaked out by the creepiness - they just didn't care for it. We sat next to the rose and were constantly blinded by people taking flash photography of the rose - don't sit next to the rose!!!!

The steak sandwiches had decent flavor but the meat was very tough. The macaroni was fine - a bit dried out like it had been sitting for a while - the meatloaf was BAD!!! Seriously, not good at all. All the food was a coldish and generally not too impressive.

The cupcakes were tasty. In generally, you're paying for the ambiance - the food is just mediocre. I wouldn't go back, but am glad we went once.