Be our Guest kids menu question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by luv2go2disney, Dec 3, 2012.

1. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

Just in case you didn't see before, your DD is considered an "adult." If you're on the dining plan, she'll have to order off the adult menu.

I am not sure how they handle people not on the dining plan who are older than 9 and want to order off the kid's menu.

You did say that your youngest will eat anything. If there is something on the adult menu that looks good to him, you could in theory have him order the kid's meal and your DD order the adult meal and then they could switch plates.

(Please note, I apologize if this "breaks the rules." I don't see why it would be a big deal though. They would be using 4 adult credits and 1 child credit and that would be exactly what would be consumed by their family. I don't see why it should matter who eats what as long as its all paid for.)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

More of the restaurants seem to be taking away the chicken nuggets. Cape May also is not serving them, but rather fish nuggets, also baked chicken drumsticks.

4. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

I totally understand trying to get away from lots of unhealthy food that is the same at every restaurant. But I have a toddler. She eats a lot of different stuff (minus vegetables right now), but at Disney I don't want to have to potentially fight with her to give her something new and different. I just want to feed her chicken nuggets (or something else that pretty much every kid will eat) so we can all eat something that we like and enjoy our dinner.

5. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

You won't have a problem at all. There are many, many restaurants you can choose from that meet your needs. Take a look at the menus here on the DIS or at allears.net.

6. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

There are options until Disney starts taking away things like chicken nuggets (and other super kid friendly foods) from a lot of menus like PP mentioned in this post (not just not having it at BOG) then the options decrease.

And I think the point that the other posters were making is that they want to eat AT BOG. So saying there are other options doesn't help these people.

We're eating at BOG in May. we will make it work with my DD, but I feel bad for the people that truly have picky eaters.

7. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

I understood the point being made. You misunderstood what I am saying. My point is that there are a multitude of options for chicken nuggets lovers etc. Just not AT BOG. The PP needs to make a decision based on her requirements, just as you intend to do.
    I feel sorry for the multitude of families for whom the majority of limited children's choices don't work today. I feel this menu is a step in the right direction for those many families.
    And for your further point, what makes you state that Disney is "taking away" nuggets etc from other menus. I have not seen evidence of that.

8. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

Just FYI, anyone can order from the children's menu (just pay oop). You will either receive the child's portion or be offered an adult portion of that menu item for an upcharge. As a PP mentioned, a grilled chicken breast with fries is about as basic as you can get.

9. GBBTomorrow

GBBTomorrow DIS Veteran

The reason it's possible to get a table is that there is no table-saving permitted because of the way the restaurant is set up. For all those on the DIS who have criticized it when Pecos Bill's and other places don't allow table saving, BOG is the ultimate proof that it REALLY DOES WORK that there are tables for everyone when the tables are not saved ahead of time.