• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be aware if traveling to WDW within the next few days

Ugh. I so hope that we don't get this when we go next month. I'm pregnant, so this could be really dangerous to me and to the baby.

Just a reminder though, antibacterial gel and wipes don't do a thing to kill any virus. They won't protect you against Norwalk at all. Bleach kills the virus as does the Lysol spray and good old fashioned hand washing.

That's not entirely true. If your antibac hand gel or wipes have a 68% or higher alcohol content it will kill the virus. Thats why they sterilize medical implements in isoprophyl alcohol. Also, your manicurist, pedicurist and stylist uses alcohol based products to sanitize their implements. If they dont, they should!

There were literally guests puking outside of the resort, in the food courts and bathrooms!

:scared1:

Didn't these people get the memo?!!!

Disney has a tough Anti-Puking Policy!
Puking is NOT permitted in any WDW restaurant.
Guests who Puke in their rooms, or on it's balconies or patios will be charged a Room Recovery Fee!!!

Puking is allow only in the DPA's.

;)

I am so sorry to hear of anyone getting sick on vacation, and I certainly hope that anyone planning a trip will be spared, but thank you so much for sharing this info.

Hopefully your sharing of the info will make many realize that when you get sick at Disney it is very likely a virus and not food poisoning.

Actually they are considered the same thing as the most likely way of catching this virus is from food handlers. Just because someone is wearing gloves does not mean the gloves aren't contaminated. Had in college one day, thought someone cut me across the gut with a knife. Had to go to Urgent Care, and they gave me some sort of shot that made me very sleepy, but cured me. I was severely dehydrated.

Add us to the list too. We just had the the stomach virus in November so I thought we would be safe! Wrong! Atleast we got it the day we were checking out. Also, the family in the room next door to us had it too. When I spoke to housekeeping they also said it is going around and that she knew of atleast 4 cases of the virus reported to them that day. We stayed at AKL. We just go back today. Most of us had it in the middle of the night. My 4 year old daughter threw up the whole way home.

Most likely the reason two adjacent rooms had it is due to Mousekeeping. Wearing contaminated gloves going room to room cleaning and/or changing drinking glasses, towels, soaps etc.

:scared1:

Didn't these people get the memo?!!!

Disney has a tough Anti-Puking Policy!
Puking is NOT permitted in any WDW restaurant.
Guests who Puke in their rooms, or on it's balconies or patios will be charged a Room Recovery Fee!!!

Puking is allow only in the DPA's.

;)

Well I'm glad to see this, they need to be inforcing it! It's not fair to those of us that paid our hard earned money and just want to enjoy a puke free vacation!!! ;)

Once the holidays are over at WDW, will the liklihood of catching the norovirus decrease? It is going around big time in Michigan right now. I would think that after the holidays when the crowds are not as large at WDW, that it will calm down a bit. I hope so, because we're going on January 10.

I tried to tell my husband about the anti-puking policy since his hard earned money paid for our trip but he didn't listen!! He continued the puking anyway! lol

Add me to the Virus as well! We were a family of 4 at WL from 12-14-12-20. I'm a clean freak and was telling me kids not to touch the chains bars ect. getting out the hand sanitizer after every ride. Making everyone was hands tons and tons. All was well until Wed. around 1:00PM at Epcot. We had a 1:40 ressie at Le Cellier (my favorite of course). I started feeling nauseaus so I checked to see if we could eat early thinking I was just hungry. They were full so it was around 2:15 when we got seated. I looked at the menu and ran to the bathroom getting very sick. I took the bus back to WL and yes I made it back leaving my family to eat. Stayed in bed all night and felt fine in the morning. I was very careful what I ate. Then Thursday night I got sick again after we got back to the resort and was ill until Mid morning on Friday. On a positive note my DH, DS, and DD never got sick and we still had plenty of time in the parks. I'm not sure how I picked it up as careful as I was but am thankful it didn't ruin our trip.

Most likely the reason two adjacent rooms had it is due to Mousekeeping. Wearing contaminated gloves going room to room cleaning and/or changing drinking glasses, towels, soaps etc.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Ugh!!! And my mother wonders why I'm bringing Lysol spray and Clorox wipes.....

Once the holidays are over at WDW, will the liklihood of catching the norovirus decrease? It is going around big time in Michigan right now. I would think that after the holidays when the crowds are not as large at WDW, that it will calm down a bit. I hope so, because we're going on January 10.

I hope your right, we get there on the 10th too. We have 3 little ones in our family, I'd hate for them especially to get sick while away from home.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a mousekeeper and have to deal with this. I hate cleaning up after my own kids and even myself. I can't imagine what it is like to walk into the first contaminated room of the season and know that you are going to get sick for sure and take it home to your own family. I guess these folks just have to brace themselves and do it. I guess the upside for them would be that they haven't just spent $$$$$ on a vacation. If they get sick they probably can just call off for a day or so...Still, I feel so bad for them and am very, very thankful I don't have to do that job.

We were there 11/27 to 12/6 and all 9 of us got it one by one. It was horrible. We had 3 rooms - 2 at SSR and 1 at ASMo. There are numerous threads on the various boards here that talk about how many people got it.

My DS19months got very sick all over me and him at Coral Reef. We saw another guest get off the bus at Ft W and vomit in the bushes.

NASTY virus like Norwalk. We had Lysol spray, Clorox wipes and Germ-X and washed our hands like mad and we still all got it.

I think part of the reason so many people at Disney get the virus is because most people will not take a day or two to recover when they get ill. I suppose with this particular virus it seems necessary, but some people push themselves to the limit before they take a break away from people.

I really hope it goes away soon. It would suck to get really sick on vacation.

I'll probably add cleaning supplies to my luggage if I can... since we're flying there's limits to what I'll be able to bring though.

I think part of the reason so many people at Disney get the virus is because most people will not take a day or two to recover when they get ill. I suppose with this particular virus it seems necessary, but some people push themselves to the limit before they take a break away from people.

I really hope it goes away soon. It would suck to get really sick on vacation.

I'll probably add cleaning supplies to my luggage if I can... since we're flying there's limits to what I'll be able to bring though.

You could prolly pick up some cleaning supplies once you get into Orlando if you need to. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you don't get sick.:)

You could prolly pick up some cleaning supplies once you get into Orlando if you need to. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you don't get sick.:)

Just be aware that Mousekeeping can not give you any cleaning supplies to use. I was told that they can not give out anything with chemicals b/c of the liability potential. I went to Publix in LBV and bought Lysol, Clorox Wipes, laundry soap (we were in a DVC unit with washer/dryer), hand sanitizer, liquid hand soap and light food like chicken soup, saltines and ginger ale.

Norwalk is killed by BLEACH. Mousekeeping was using a ton of bleach in the rooms to clean - the smell was overwhelming when you walked in the room.

Just be aware that Mousekeeping can not give you any cleaning supplies to use. I was told that they can not give out anything with chemicals b/c of the liability potential. I went to Publix in LBV and bought Lysol, Clorox Wipes, laundry soap (we were in a DVC unit with washer/dryer), hand sanitizer, liquid hand soap and light food like chicken soup, saltines and ginger ale.

Norwalk is killed by BLEACH. Mousekeeping was using a ton of bleach in the rooms to clean - the smell was overwhelming when you walked in the room.

That's what I meant.:thumbsup2

At least Mousekeeping is using bleach.... thankfully. I'm still going to wipe down everything the first day just to be safe.

Add our family to the list, except that our 5 year old did not experience any symptoms and was fine during the three days the rest of us were ill. We suspect our situation was food poisoning, though, because we all got sick at the very same time.

My DD did not get the stomach flu but instead spiked a nasty fever on Sat night. It came from nowhere. We went to dinner and then came back to the resort and went to bed. She kept tossing and turning and I felt her and she was on fire. I thankfully had Tylenol with me. We spent the whole day Sunday and half of Monday in the room and the Poly even let us stay in the room until Magical Express came at 2pm and I was thankful.

Now I will tell you, we washed our hands and used antibac gel before every meal. Everytime once in a while we used the antibac gel while in the parks and I also bought bleach wiped and wiped down the tv remote in the room and the door knobs and so forth. I'm a self proclaimed germ freak!

When we did get home I found out from the school that a fever virus was running rampid through the school. So I now wonder if the virus laid dormant for the first 7 days and maybe just finally reared it's ugly head?? I guess I am just thankful it was the second to last day and not the first because it took 5 days for the fever to break and dd just started to really seem 100% better today. We got home a week ago today. :confused3

I hope with the school being closed now for holiday break they can irradicate the virus.

My DD did not get the stomach flu but instead spiked a nasty fever on Sat night. It came from nowhere. We went to dinner and then came back to the resort and went to bed. She kept tossing and turning and I felt her and she was on fire. I thankfully had Tylenol with me. We spent the whole day Sunday and half of Monday in the room and the Poly even let us stay in the room until Magical Express came at 2pm and I was thankful.

Now I will tell you, we washed our hands and used antibac gel before every meal. Everytime once in a while we used the antibac gel while in the parks and I also bought bleach wiped and wiped down the tv remote in the room and the door knobs and so forth. I'm a self proclaimed germ freak!

When we did get home I found out from the school that a fever virus was running rampid through the school. So I now wonder if the virus laid dormant for the first 7 days and maybe just finally reared it's ugly head?? I guess I am just thankful it was the second to last day and not the first because it took 5 days for the fever to break and dd just started to really seem 100% better today. We got home a week ago today. :confused3

I hope with the school being closed now for holiday break they can irradicate the virus.

Three of our four children got this last winter. Our son who was 10 and in 5th grade missed an entire week of school. It took 5 days for his fever to break. i felt so bad for him. Fevers seem so much worse the older you get. Our toddlers got it but had spurts of activity that our 10 year old couldnt muster! The power of youth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter