Be aware if traveling to WDW within the next few days

We saw a woman last wk vomitting right outside of ToonTown. I felt SO bad for her.. she must have had this.

I was throwing up right outside Norway and some guy told me not to drink so much next time!:eek: :mad: I wish I could have puked on him, bugger.

is it just me or does it seem to be most common at POR??

I hope not! I've been getting the impression it's been worse at DVC places among large groups, but maybe not.....

HUGS and lots of pixie dust and prayers headed everyone's way!! The same for us would be appreciated, we leave Tuesday for POR....

I hope not! I've been getting the impression it's been worse at DVC places among large groups, but maybe not.....

HUGS and lots of pixie dust and prayers headed everyone's way!! The same for us would be appreciated, we leave Tuesday for POR....

Take heart. I was at BC and it was rampant there, just rampant. The CMs there told me that YC, BC and SSR was the hardest hit. I don't know how accurate that was but I can vouch for hallways of towels and puke at the BC.

I too am a WDW veteran and have been over 100x....I have never, never been this sick in years. I did catch something kinda of like this in my teens, but that has been a good 15 years ago.

Take heart. I was at BC and it was rampant there, just rampant. The CMs there told me that YC, BC and SSR was the hardest hit. I don't know how accurate that was but I can vouch for hallways of towels and puke at the BC.

I too am a WDW veteran and have been over 100x....I have never, never been this sick in years. I did catch something kinda of like this in my teens, but that has been a good 15 years ago.

I wonder why those three saw it the hardest? Maybe we SHOULD be back in the FW cabins. I haven't heard anyone report back being ill after being there so far. Though I'm sure people have been....

EpcotBeauty, I am still so so sorry this happened to you and your family. Not to say I'm not sorry for the others, but I just wanted to tell you that since you've been posting here alot. And if it weren't for you, I might not have known about all this.:hug:

Add me to the list. We stayed at BCV during the 2nd week of November. I cannot believe how fast it hit me and I was just lucky to be in my room at the time. I spent 7 hours on the floor in the bathroom and was too week to even wake my family. Mysteriously, they did not get it. It was our first night there and we got a last minute reservation at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. We discussed it many times wondering what I ate that the others didn't, thinking it might be food poisoning. I stayed in bed the next day while everyone else hit the parks and then was up and moving the day after. I was not 100% by any means but our vacation was saved.

Add me to the list. We stayed at BCV during the 2nd week of November. I cannot believe how fast it hit me and I was just lucky to be in my room at the time. I spent 7 hours on the floor in the bathroom and was too week to even wake my family. Mysteriously, they did not get it. It was our first night there and we got a last minute reservation at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. We discussed it many times wondering what I ate that the others didn't, thinking it might be food poisoning. I stayed in bed the next day while everyone else hit the parks and then was up and moving the day after. I was not 100% by any means but our vacation was saved.

:hug: That's awful. Though you're right, that does sound more like food poisoning since no one else got it. I will never forget when my parents got food poisoning from food at McAlister's Deli- :eek: . Thank the Lord I've never had that! I've only had a couple of stomach viruses thankfully, and I hope I don't catch the Norwalk one again!! It was VILE when I had it (and my case wasn't extremely vicious compared to some of these).

I wonder why those three saw it the hardest? Maybe we SHOULD be back in the FW cabins. I haven't heard anyone report back being ill after being there so far. Though I'm sure people have been....

EpcotBeauty, I am still so so sorry this happened to you and your family. Not to say I'm not sorry for the others, but I just wanted to tell you that since you've been posting here alot. And if it weren't for you, I might not have known about all this.:hug:

Thank you so much sweetie!!:hug: :hug: I do hope that I helped someone save a vacation. Just a little extra precaution at the bathrooms or the buffets may save someone's vacation.

We just got back today and I was sick as a dog all week! My ds 3 got sick on Thursday and dd and dh didn't get it until today- needless to say a very long car ride home. I'm so sad that I missed almost all of my kids first trip! But so thankful that they were able to enjoy it and not spend the week in the bathroom! Take Immodium and Pepto with you if you are going anytime soon.

Thank you so much sweetie!!:hug: :hug: I do hope that I helped someone save a vacation. Just a little extra precaution at the bathrooms or the buffets may save someone's vacation.

Well if we come back virus-free I'm giving you full credit.:thumbsup2 You opened my eyes to the fact that this awful illness is alive and well at WDW and after telling my parents what you said, they immediately started buying supplies and medicine and taking every precaution.

we got back last night from 8 days at wdw and we all came back healthy...we washed our hands a lot! and used a lot of germ x....I did smell puke in every bathroom...:eek:

we got back last night from 8 days at wdw and we all came back healthy...we washed our hands a lot! and used a lot of germ x....I did smell puke in every bathroom...:eek:

:sick: Well I'm hoping the method you used works for us.... I'm a hand-scrubbing, Purell-ing fanatic so....

We just got back on the 17th after a week there and we were all fine and healthy...well I have a cold but DD had the sniffles when we left on the 11th and was better after a couple of days in sunny Florida. I think that I caught her cold so I can't blame Disney for that.

I am a germophobe and I did wipe down surfaces near us on the plane ei. armrests and drop down tables. I wiped down all surfaces in our Pop resort room too. We carried hand sanitizer and washed hands frequently with soap and water. I NEVER let my kids touch hand railings more than necessary. I saw so many kids just gliding their hands along railings and picking up a million germs. I just wanted to snap at some kids and say "Stop touching that!" ( I won't even start on the kids that put their lips on it or the toddlers I saw crawling on the ground rubbing apple slices on the cement and then licking them while Mom just sat there)

When DD saw the pirate with the dirty foot hanging over the bridge on Pirates of the Caribbean ride she told DH " Mommy should sanitize that foot!" They both laughed and teased me about my frequent impromptu hand sanitizing but we didn't get any puking illnesses!

We just got back on the 17th after a week there and we were all fine and healthy...well I have a cold but DD had the sniffles when we left on the 11th and was better after a couple of days in sunny Florida. I think that I caught her cold so I can't blame Disney for that.

I am a germophobe and I did wipe down surfaces near us on the plane ei. armrests and drop down tables. I wiped down all surfaces in our Pop resort room too. We carried hand sanitizer and washed hands frequently with soap and water. I NEVER let my kids touch hand railings more than necessary. I saw so many kids just gliding their hands along railings and picking up a million germs. I just wanted to snap at some kids and say "Stop touching that!" ( I won't even start on the kids that put their lips on it or the toddlers I saw crawling on the ground rubbing apple slices on the cement and then licking them while Mom just sat there)

When DD saw the pirate with the dirty foot hanging over the bridge on Pirates of the Caribbean ride she told DH " Mommy should sanitize that foot!" They both laughed and teased me about my frequent impromptu hand sanitizing but we didn't get any puking illnesses!

Well that makes me feel somewhat better.:goodvibes Some parents just let their kids be so GROSS!!:eek:

And kinda OT, but is that your DD in your signature? If so, she's gorgeous!:goodvibes

We were at POR during dec11th to the 18th..My son started vomiting on our 3rd day. It lasted for about 8 hours..It was terrible. No one else got it so maybe it was food poisoning..

Just got back today from a week at AKL. Totally hysterical we would get bugs at WDW, so we washed hands a lot. We were all fine. BTW, if you get the sniffles after a day or so down there, it may be because you are allergic to all the blooming greenery down there (if you are from the North). We took Allegra and were all fine, except DH who thought I was nuts and is now sounding like a man that snorted a cotton ball because his head is so stuffed up! :rotfl2:

Wash you hands, and don't share eating utensils and straws. Keep your kids from licking everything in their path (I saw a lot of this!).

My daughter both had the stomach virus at WDW on 12/12 (17 month old)and 12/13 (3 yr old). We are now afraid of epcot bc that is where they both threw up the first time before we knew they were sick. Fortunately, they did not have a fever and it only lasted 8-12 hours:worship: I'm afraid they caught it from a playdate the day before we left:eek:

I'm a germaphobe. I cleaned everything in the our room at CSR with wipes - phone, remote, faucet, door handles, etc. We came down with it hours after our return flight - 12/11. It was awful. I bet everyone near us on the flight got it from us. Only my ds was spared. On 12/9, the mom and daughter in front of us meeting Woody and Jessie told us her dd was just in the bathroom throwing up, she just thought it was from exhaustion. Guess it was very airborne and we caught it from her.

Seriously, don't worry about getting sick, just enjoy your trip.

told us her dd was just in the bathroom throwing up, she just thought it was from exhaustion. Guess it was very airborne and we caught it from her.

Rule #1--Run from people who think someone is vomiting from nerves, exhaustion, excitement, etc. (Not to say maybe 1 in a million that it's not true--but why take a chance!)

If I had a dollar for every time some mom gave me one of those excuses about why their child was vomiting and I believed it....good news is I learned to speak up many years ago!

I know its been said before, but all the antibacterial wipes in the world won't help you against a virus. If it is the Norwalk virus, its transmitted by ingesting contaminated fecal matter. I know that's gross, but its the truth, and the best precaution you can take is to wash your hands for 30 seconds with soap and warm water everytime you go to the bathroom and before and after eating, and probably stay away from buffets. I imagine Disney isn't letting sick employees work, but they can't control contamination from guests as well. And please don't let your kids lick any surfaces, that's just gross! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter