Where would you stay?

• Studio - BCV

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Studio - BW

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters

Nbyromd

Disney Mama
Which DVC studios do you think are better - BCV or BW? Looking to come next early May and wondering which location to stay in (that is ... if we can get in!!).

Any input would be very helpful! Thank you!

Love BCV for the pool and Beaches and Cream, otherwise the rooms are very similar. Love BWV for the bakery, ESPN, and more restaurants. That gives the slight edge to BWV. Especially if you don't care about the pool.

The rooms themselves are normally so similar that it doesn't make a difference. At this time there is a question of when BCV will have their refurb so currently BWV is the only room guaranteed to be newly redone by next May.

We are BCV owners and we love it. That being said, you can't go wrong with either. They are in the same beautiful location with easy access to two parks.

would go with BWV is you can get standard view - otherwise BCV - love the short cut to Epcot - go under the bridge instead of over it.

Tough call. I love BWV for the BW view and all of the ambiance. My wife prefers BCV for the laid back feel and walk to Epcot. We are going to buy points at one of the two next year and are still disagreeing, in a good way, on which one.

I've stayed in both (actually did a split stay between the two resorts, and I much prefer BCV. Not really sure why-it just feels more "homey" to me and less "hotel-y".

Haven't Stayed at BCV yet. But staying in our 2nd stay here in BWV in 3 weeks or so...Both are great I'm sure..Our friends always stay at BCV when the rest of us are in BWV, so we visit... Definitely different. I'm sure if & when I stay there I'll love it equally, if not more..

I'm not familiar with under the bridge, how do you get to that path?

- across the sidewalk before the bridge starts is -a pathway that goes under the bridge - just take it. It is not easy to see - so look for it - think there is sign - just not sure about the sign part. it lets out a good ways before the boat dock at Epcot just after the bridge.

Thank you everyone for the input! It is much appreciated! I always prefer a refurbed room - so am thinking that if the BWV will be recently redone then we may go for that. Although Stormalong Bay is so very tempting!

Both are excellent locations with not too much difference. I like BWV for the low point cost of the standard room and I like BCV for the pool and for the inside walk ways when it is raining out. Given that BWV preferred view rooms are the same points as a BCV room it really comes down to view vrs pool since everything else is very similar.

BCV has the pool and Beaches and Cream on its side but BWV has everything else, IMO, especially when you have a BW view. Yes, the walk to EPCOT is a little shorter at BC but I don't mind walking a little further plus you can walk to Hollywood Studios from BWV as well. Yes, you could do it from Beach Club but it would be significantly longer.

If you have small children, then the pool at BCV will be great for them. If you like to go to Hollywood Studios then BWV is better since it is closer. They are very similar and both are great resorts.

aside from the BCV pool versus BWV view (lower point SV, amazing BW view), the BWVs also have a community hall (a bit of a walk from BCVs, as is DHS) & nighttime entertainment, jellyrolls, yummy bakery - all within a minute or so from your room. we prefer the myriad options available at the BWV (& own at both), especially when one adds in our favorite pool in (literally) all of WDW is located at the BWI :lovestruc

Why are the BWV standard studios so much cheaper than the BCV studios? I'm seeing a 5pt difference per night (33%) for Sep 2016.

Is it that the BWV standard studios are in bad location? Bad view? Or all the BCV studios have great views? Or something else?

(I have ulterior motives: I want to convince DH to stay at the BCV, for the pool and slightly closer to Epcot, but it's a $300 difference in rental for a five night stay.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter