BCV vs BW

Where would you stay?

• Studio - BCV

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Studio - BW

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters
Why are the BWV standard studios so much cheaper than the BCV studios? I'm seeing a 5pt difference per night (33%) for Sep 2016.

Is it that the BWV standard studios are in bad location? Bad view? Or all the BCV studios have great views? Or something else?

(I have ulterior motives: I want to convince DH to stay at the BCV, for the pool and slightly closer to Epcot, but it's a $300 difference in rental for a five night stay.)

I'd say that the BWV standard views are similar to many of the BCV rather than worse. They are the "worst" views at BWV but definitely no worse than what you could be assigned at BCV also.

The standard views at BWV are not terrible. In fact, some would argue that the BWV standard views are at least as good as most of the views at BCV. That is why BWV standard view rooms book up so quickly---they are a huge bargain. BCV's big draw is SAB pool. I guess that won't help your case with your DH. Sorry.

Frankly, I think the standard views at BWV are much better than the "garden views". Last time I was there, all that were available were garden views and all I could see was the sidewalk below because my villa was tucked in a corner. The fact that they're fewer points than BCV does make me think.

Bump. I appreciate the replies on the view, but I'm still wondering why BCV is nearly 50% more expensive. I'm seeing 56 points vs 77 points for the dates we're considering.

Bump. I appreciate the replies on the view, but I'm still wondering why BCV is nearly 50% more expensive. I'm seeing 56 points vs 77 points for the dates we're considering.

BWV has a lower cost category - standard view. BCV has no view categories and actually used to be identical point requirements to the BWV Preferred view categories. It was a sales decision when the resorts were sold. At that time buyers complained about the view towards the front of the resort and parking lot and DVC apparently capitulated. By the time BCV was built they apparently decided it was too small to do views and ranked it with the preferred BWV view category. There really isn't anything more to it. VWL had been built just before BCV and it also had the exact same point requirements as the BWV preferred views.

Could you share what dates you are looking at? I could not easily find a matching difference as you describe. I see the 5pt per night weekday but it's less on the weekend.

Last edited:
It was a Tue through Sunday stay in September.

Thanks - I see it now. As I mentioned it's just that DVC happened to make a decision on their 2nd WDW DVC resort for the points that you see. If you also compare OKW studio for that time you'll see it's exactly the same points as the BWV standard view. DVC was probably trying to increase point requirements but when the complaints came (and understandably so if you had the chance of getting the view of the Boardwalk or the view of the parking lot all for the same points ) DVC seemed to have done a bridging type scenario and kept one category the equivalent of OKW but added an upcharge for the water views. By BCV they were just at the higher point requirements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter