BBB eliminated photopass photographers

LES91

Earning My Ears
My daughter had an appt Tuesday at the disney springs location and we found out they are no longer taking photos of the make-over. The studio is open in guest services for a photo shoot afterwards. We were disappointed to learn this because we had done it once before and loved the great pics they captured. We were able to take our own photos though.

They removed photopass a week ago at DS and we were told it will soon be removed at the castle location.

Wow! That stinks! We got amazing pictures that I wouldn't have gotten with my camera. Plus it's better because the families don't have to worry about it AND it adds pixie dust to the experience for the little girl. princess:

Any idea when the photographers will be removed from MK BBB? I'm taking our DD for the first time on 23rd Dec and was looking forward to having photos of the makeover.

Claire :)

That sucks! Sadly my daughter is just aging *into* this, so it's a change we'll have to put up with if we do BBB. Booo.

That stinks. We will be there in November and were really looking forward to all the pictures from BBB. It's one of the big reasons we purchased memory maker.

That's awful! The photos they take after in the photo studio of DD have always been horrible. It is the photos during the process and of the reveal that are some of our favorites! So sorry others won't get to experience that!

My neice and granddaughter have an appointment November 8th at MK. Thank you so much for the heads up. I will make sure I take my DSLR that day and flash attachment. It would have been nice to have the photopass photographer so I could just enjoy watching plus having them on the memory maker would have been nice.

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

I already sent an e-mail asking them about this. I'll save my complaint about it for when they respond, but they will definitely hear from me.

I can dress up my daughter, do her hair and makeup...part of the magic of having it done at BBB is not having to take the photos myself, so I can enjoy the experience with my daughter without a camera in my face!

We were definitely looking forward to doing this with DD once she actually has enough hair to do the hairstyles. But no PP photographers would make me think twice.

That does stink. We went to BBB in the castle in August and got great shots. Shots my little camera couldn't get with the lighting.

So they're mandating photopass purchases for all out of state AP people and continuing to remove photopass locations.

Brilliant.

(And I misread the title and thought this was about BB8... :) )

I don't even have a daughter/daughters to take, and think this is stinky! Normally I am pretty go with the flow, but I know how expensive BBB can be, and how much everyone looks forward to the visits. This definitely leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth now. I feel like the photos are a big part of the fun! To hear they've taken them away at CRT is stinky too - for a rushed breakfast of super expensive yogurt, I want a darn photo! Sigh....we haven't been back to CRT recently but that news disappoints me and makes me rethink ever going again, at least until I (maybe) have kids.

Email sent. My wife is a photographer and I bought Memory Maker just so I could convince her to leave the camera at home. Now instead of spending quality time with our daughter she will be taking pictures!

So I checked out the official website (Disney Springs location)...can someone tell me if this wording has always been this way, or if this is new?

Choose your hairstyle then add make-up, nail color, accessories and a Disney princess costume, if your heart desires. Then commemorate this most magical of moments with a keepsake photo in a princess-themed photo holder.

But then the only package that lists an included photo is:
The Castle Package
(starting at $194.95 plus tax)
  • Hairstyling
  • Shimmering make-up, face gem
  • Princess sash and tote
  • Nail polish
  • Complete costume of your choice plus accessories
  • One 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a princess-themed holder
But it lists the following below still as an option for all:

The following extras are available at an additional cost:

The Imaging Package ($32.95 plus tax)
Can be added to any package

• One 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a special photo holder
I wouldn't be surprised if the website wasn't updated yet, but I wanted to ask and make sure this is old wording first :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter