• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Your evening sounds like the perfect way to spend a night at Disney. I love the go with the flow attitude, it really is the way to go at Disney!

Your pictures around the BW and BC are beautiful! :thumbsup2 They so make me want to go back!

Those onion rings look so good! We love Beaches and Cream yet we didn't even make it there on our trip :confused3

I hope you all make it to rope drop! MK rope drop is among my very favorite things in WDW :goodvibes

Sorry you are feeling :sick: I hope you feel better soon! Great update. Love all the shopping pics. I bought that CD on our trip. Yay for popcorn:: No dessert at Beaches and Cream-there muxst be a law against that. How cute that they dimmed the lights and sang. Sounds like a great relaxing aft/eve.

Oh that sounds like a wonderful evening! Glad you got some solo time. I would LOVE to stay at an Epcot resort, not just for the proximity of the most awesome theme park ever (!!) but because it seems so nice to be able to walk around the lake, through the other resorts.

DH and I ate at Beaches and Cream on our honeymoon and we purposely split a hamburger so we could share a No Way Jose!

Love the update!
All your pics of BW and all are so pretty!! :)

Sounds like you had a great time shopping/exploring solo!

Hope ya'll made it to RD...as we never did on our trip! :(

When I was typing my update I hit a blank in my memory of what we did that night after Beaches & Cream, but prior to putting Henry to bed - there was a good 2 hours in there...then I remembered, we went swimming! I didn't bring the camera and for some reason it's not in my notes either. I'm going back to amend the update.

Beaches n Cream! Thank you for reminding me that I will absolutely have to eat there in May. I have always wanted to. Henry is so cute in the video. I guess he forgot it was still his birthday (or close enough). OMG - that was the most our of tune Happy B-day ever, but it was still so darn cool. Lovely, lovely evening with the boys (and a little solo time). Great update!

Loved seeing the pictures of the BW. I can't wait to be there in 7 days!! We didn't ask for a certain room so I guess we'll take the luck of the draw. We do have a preferred view- I think that's of the pool?

Henry's happy birthday was awesome! He is such a cutie! I bet that made his day.

I love grabbing some solo time in the middle of a family vacation. It's so great to enjoy some solitude and just be!

I'm all caught up!

What a fun fun day. AK is a little brutal at times. SO much to do but the heat will just....wipe you out and you have to cry "uncle". I'm glad Nemo was a good respite and chilly treats, even better!

I remember your "do I dine solo" posts, how fun to see it now in the TR! I absolutely love the "train tracks" that is so stinkin' cute!

Oh, my. A rope drop ultimatum. I wonder how many of those have been issued in DIS history. :rolleyes1 ;)

I loved this update. What a fun, relaxing evening. Hurrah for having some solo time and for checking off a "never done" item from your list.

Thank you for pictures of the Beach Club. I can hardly believe that I will be there in 9 days!!

A 5 min wait at Beaches n Cream is unheard of... it was meant to be! Perhaps not the most melodic rendition of happy birthday but still very , very cool! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see what happens next! popcorn::

Another great update, as usual Brook!

So glad that you got to try some WDW popcorn.

1006257246_uUCkD-M.jpg

Joe and I both ordered a cheeseburger and split an order of onion rings. I shared my burger with Henry.

Delicious! Those onion rings are soooooo very good.

I've never been to Beaches and Cream, but if those onion rings are as good as the ones at 50's Prime Time and Sci Fi (which I suspect they are), I know you're right.

Me: "Tomorrow we are doing Magic Kingdom. I want to make Rope Drop. If you aren't ready on time, I'm going without you."
Joe: "Ooookay."

So now the big question is....did we make it????

I'd say if Joe knows what's good for him you all made it to rope drop.

Aahh Beaches & Cream!! Seeing your view while waiting to get in makes me miss it so!! No dessert:eek: I did not eat all my meal there because I HAD to have ice cream:laughing:

Aw the singing to Henry was very cute. Nice that you got it on film. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening.

Love all the shopping pics. I have the ice cube tray, the green shirt, the cd:rolleyes1. I think I spend a little too much when I am there. I do enjoy all of the items I buy though. I love the shirt because it is not obvious Disney and I can wear it to work:thumbsup2.

Loved the update & I hope you get to feeling better!!

Great update, Brook.

Those onion rings look really good at Beaches & Cream (we have never been there).

I love your leisurely evening. And I love Henry just watching the boats and playing that he is Buzz. He just radiates fun!

Nice shopping pictures. :thumbsup2

I think we might be heading over to the Boardwalk on Sunday night of our trip. Jill loves the atmosphere of the Boardwalk at night, and Brooklynn is old enough now to enjoy watching some of the entertainment. I could probably get suckered into her playing a game or two, too, or maybe I can talk her Bubby into footing the bill for a few carnival games. ;) Your pictures make it so very easy to just be there walking along there right now.

If I read right, that sign said people eat 80 hot dogs a year. I am pretty sure I am well below that average. Like waaay below. I might eat a hot dog at camp, maybe at a grill-out or campfire a couple of times a year, and possibly two other random chili dogs sometime during the fall and winter. I think I'm a 5-dogger instead of an 80-dogger. :laughing:

Not that this will surprise you, but I actually bought those glow cubes last time to supplement my very sad couple of drink cubes I got on vacation. ;) For some reason the ones that come with the drinks work better.

I love that ice cube tray - do you want me to pick one up for you? We have a couple of them and I always try and remember to make ice cubes in those whenever we have a party. Then I mix them in with the regular ones. It's always funny to see people's reactions.

I totally agree that the Boardwalk gift store was really nice, we got some silly bands there...the small one with the DVC, not so great though.

WHere are the people at BC pool... such a great pool. We did not eat at Beaches and Cream, however the hamburgers at Hurricane Hanna's were yummy too!

Great night, great fun!

Hope you made RD!

Awww...I love the picture of you and Henry at Beaches and Cream!! Henry is just adorable!!!! Him licking the ice cream cone...that is just priceless!!

Glad you were able to enjoy some solo time just you!!! Sometimes you just need those moments to just be there and let the experience wash over you!

I'm so looking forward to staying at BWV, thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why oh why did I read this update before eating dinner?!

That burger with those onion rings are kicking my sweet little bowl of soups butt!

:lmao:

I have got to make it over there, either at Christmas or with Mr. I in January.

And we'll split a burger if we have to, to make sure we have room for the No Way Jose!!!!!

Glad you got to try your popcorn! I've never had it either. Not a huge popcorn fan. I guess if it's really that much better at Disney, maybe I need to add that to my list of must do's too!

So cute about Henry driving the train and then the car as the surfaces changed on the Boardwalk!

Glad you guys got some swimming time in. That's one thing I'm actually gonna miss in Dec/Jan which surprises me! But we really enjoyed our evening swims!!

Can't wait to hear about rope drop! LOVE that you gave Joe the ultimatum. HAHAHAH! Love it. I think I pretty much told Mr. I the same thing in August.

:lmao:

Great update, Brook!! As usual!! I'm getting so excited for our BW stay with all your lovely pictures! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter