Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

You skipped Flights of Wonder yet again? Oh well, I understand the reasoning...and it made a LOT of sense.

Thanks for showing that license plate/exit sign. I guess I'm going to have to read up on the theming of Dinoland.

Yep, sure did. 3rd trip in a row it's been on the list and we've skipped it! :laughing: Same with the Liberty Belle in MK! :rolleyes:

There are some amazing details in Dinoland...let me see if I can find the blog I read...it's on AllEars...

Found it:
For anyone who is interested THIS is the blog I read about Dinoland. It's really interesting!!

I've never seen Flights of Wonder either! Nemo does sound like a better option with a tired and hot husband.
Looks like Henry enjoyed his treat!
I always hate when all the Epcot resorts share one bus. Good thing you didn't have to wait very long.

I thought the bus sharing was gonna drive me nuts, but it wasn't bad at all. Then again we did go in September, one of the lowest seasons of the year. It was always really fast - I almost always noted the time and how many stops we made. The only LONG ride was DTD and there was a few factors on why it took so long. But, I can imagine when the crowds are high, it can be really frustrating - packed buses, a bunch of stops...ugh.

Wait....Your March trip is 15 days???????? What? I am officially so jealous!

I have to say that I would pick AC and Nemo any day over Flights of Wonder in the heat. That's probably why I have only seen flights once. I need to start traveling more in December.

You got some great pictures as usual and I love the detail in the exit sign. Thanks for posting that because I would have never known.

Another fun update.. I really like Nemo when we saw it last year, but we have not seen Flights of Wonder yet. Your treats sure looked yummy, we go for those types in the heat too!

Yep, 15 days! :banana: Feb 26 - March 12. I can hardly believe it. It will most likely be our ONLY 2011 trip though.

And hopefully it won't be scorching hot (though, a bit on the seasonably warm side would be fantastic), and we'll enjoy FoW!

I love the details in the parks, they are just wonderful in Dionland - see the blog I posted above, it shares tons of details.

Oh, by the way....pretty clever title for this chapter. :thumbsup2

:cool2: Thanks!

I never noticed the that the exit sign was a license plate before... very cool.

Henry has a nice kool-aid smile looking at those treats! :goodvibes

We love the Nemo show too. I love how they integrate the puppeteers and the puppets. It is like you don't even realize they are there after a while.

You have 15 days to get to Flights of Wonder... you better do it! (I want to know what it is all about, we've never done it either!!) :3dglasses

It's true, you forget about the people while watching the show. It's so well done!

:rotfl: I love your comment about FoW! Yes, it will be on The List for March. I hope to do all the shows, but FoW will be number one!

Great Nemo pictures. I'm never able to get too pictures there. But we have only seen it twice. We haven't seen Flights of Wonder either, in our 4 trips. I was looking forward to your review. But I guess if we do it in November, then I can do a TR and you can read about it. :thumbsup2

AK is just so hot, so I think you guys were smart in just calling it a day.

That would be great! I hope you do it in November!! I have only seen a few TRs with it, and each time it sounds like a really great show.

Next time I want to sit close for Nemo, we'll have to use Joe's GAC! I want to try to get some really close-up shots. We sat there once, but I was trying to distract Henry who didn't like the show ONE BIT! I had to go stand toward the top, far from the stage eventually. :sad2:

Great update!
Well my university had a health plan and it covered a dietician so i explained my inability to cook so we went through Ooooodles of caloric information for fast food restaurants and made up fast food meals under 400 calories such as, small chicken nuggets and soup or a fruit cup from Chick Fil A, or corn dog nuggets and green beans from aw/kfc, grilled chicken strips and fruit from Jack in the Box. That sorta dealie. Of course now im on the i just got back from disney must get used to non artificial cheese haha.

Well we were thinking of looking for a BCV resale or buying BLT

Wow, that's a diet that makes some serious sense! It makes it realistic and possible for busy people/people that can't cook. Now if I could just stick to no fries....! :laughing:

They seem to be offering some really nice incentives lately for BLT, so you might get a really decent rate! Plus, the dues are cheap. Either one has an awesome location and you really can't go wrong with either! I look forward to trying BCV!

Look how red Henry's little cheeks are! I bet those lemonades really felt good!

Me, too! :rotfl:

He was one hot little boy! Plus with the hat on, it just made him sweatier. Blocked the sun, but made him hotter. :rolleyes: He's like Joe though and always runs warm, but it was HOT, we are all melting some. The lemonade followed by the AC was a very good move.

Nemo would have won out for me too. But all that darkness and that underwater feel. Nighty night for mommy!

:lmao: I can see it being a good napping spot!

Oh my goodness! You guys must have been sooo hot! Henry has that read cheeked look my fair kiddos get when they're too hot! I've never seen FOW either but I assure you I would have picked air conditioning!

Can't wait to see how the rest of your day went!

Those little red cheeks were a good sign! He normally just runs warm and gets sweaty easily - but this was more than normal, so those frozen treats and AC were called for!

LOL what a cute title for this update!!! Henry and Joe look so cute together on the ride!!

Disney hot is not always a great combination!! Knowing I would be going back I would have choosen Nemo too...air conditioning for the win LOL!!!!

Hmmm...resting at BW! I can't wait to do that myself!

I love that pic of the boys too, I just wish Henry's eyes were open! But all well, it's still a winner!

The fact that we know we are going to go back REALLY helps with those kinds of decisions. FoW is on The List for March!

Resting and relaxing at BW is sooooooo nice. :cloud9:

Awesome update, Brook. We missed Nemo; we had hoped to see it this year but with the way we toured AK, the next show was at 2 p.m., and we had to be at a DIS meet at the pool.

Henry and his dad look so cute on the dinosaur version of Dumbo.

Have you done Nemo before? AK can be a hard park to fit in all that you want to do. We always run into that problem it seems.

I love that pic of Henry and Joe too! :goodvibes

Great update Brook!! Wow it looks soooo hot. I would have been passing out. I do not do well in the heat. It never bothered me before but with age..:rolleyes1

Good choice with Nemo. I have seen Flights of Wonder a few times but no air conditioning & the show is cute but Nemo is better. I am sure you will have time with 15 days.

Henry looks so cute waiting for that treat.

We had better find the time with 15 days, I'm determined! :laughing: Currently I have 1.5 - 2 days planned at AK, so that should be enough to get my "3 Things List" done!

He was so funny about having to wait while I took a picture of the food this trip, he doesn't understand it at ALL, but by the end of the trip he was saying, "Picture Mommy!" before he would dive in!!!! :lmao:

I do think you made the right choice going to see Nemo, the heat really showed in Henry's little cheeks!
Going back and not pressing on was right on as well!
Can't wait to see how you spent the eveing!

He was one hot little boy! The treats and the AC were a good move for everyone. Plus Henry just loves Nemo, so he enjoyed it way more than he would have FoW.

Have you done Nemo before? AK can be a hard park to fit in all that you want to do. We always run into that problem it seems.

I love that pic of Henry and Joe too! :goodvibes

No, we've never done Nemo. This was our first year to do Lion King and it was on the top of my list. Nemo for sure next year.

Nemo was definitely a good choice. Air conditioned theater is always a good choice :)

Flights of Wonder in March is a great plan. That's why I :love: DVC so much. There's always another trip right around the corner :goodvibes

Me toooooooooo!!!!

Hi Brook! Loved your update! We definitely chose a very HOT week to be at Disney this year! With hardly any rain....very unlikely for this time of year :thumbsup2. Your lil' Henry looks so adorable eyeing those lemonade ices, they really are soooo refreshing! He's must have had a ball in the boneyard....bet he will be begging to go again and dig on your March trip. These lil' one's learn real quickly! Your update made me think it had something to do with Flying Fish Restaurant on the Boardwalk. We tried it this trip....nothing to brag about. We thought it was just, ok. For 2TBS we would definitely prefer some others. Have a Great Sunday! :goodvibes

Oh ya! He's already talking about bringing his bucket to Mickey's House. :rotfl: I told him we were staying part of the time at the same hotel and he said he wanted to play in the sand at the beach (at the BC) again. He's ready!

That is surprising to hear about Flying Fish! I've ready so many RAVE reviews about it. People say the steak is the best on property. We wanted to try it, and even debated on doing it this trip, but it didn't make the cut. Now I'm kinda glad!

Sorry I haven't responded to your PMs - I mean to, the days have been flying by lately and I haven't been on the DIS much the past few days. Today I'm on because I'm sick in bed. :sad2: Joe is home from work and I'm just laying low. I ran to CVS yesterday and the wind was blowing quite a bit and it was cold, of course I was a bit underdressed with 3/4 sleeves and no hood or hat or scarf....! :headache:

The painted over license plate is a really neat detail!

There is a lot to be said for an air-conditioned show -- I think you made the right decision. Besides, with 15 days in March, there is bound to be time for Flights of Wonder at some point!

Love the picture of Henry waiting for his frozen lemonade!

There really had better be time for FoW in March! I said it above too, but if Joe isn't feeling it, I'll go alone! :laughing:

I just love that Dinosaur area!!! I think it's adorable! I also love the big gift shop they have!

Great pics of Finding Nemo! I can never take a good picture in there!

Can't wait to see what you ended up doing that night!

I really like Dinoland too! I think it's cute and kitchy. There are so many fun details too. We haven't shopped much there, just once we went through that shop, but I've seen pictures and really should take the time because it's huge! For some reason we just never really shop at AK. :confused:

It's hard to take pictures of Nemo I think because of the lighting in the theater and the constant moving on the stage. Everytime I tried to zoom in I'd get some stuff in focus and some stuff blurry!

We have yet to see Finding Nemo. Last trip my goal was to either see that one or Lion King, and Lion King worked out better ,s owe saw that....and it was amazing. So next trip I do hope to get to it.

I don't think I mentioned it yet, but in 1999 when we went to AK, The flights of Wonder show was in a huge tent like structure. Again they mut've stil lbeen bulding the place it is in now. I took very few pictures inside of it, and they were kind of blurry, so I won't bore you with them. I do remember though, that it was mostly seating on the ground for kids and a few benches in back for adults.

Oh yes, the backwards robe! :lmao:

The Lion King is an awesome show! We love that one too. They are both really excellent!

That is so interesting about FoW too! I love to hear that kind of stuff, what Disney used to look like, etc.

I love my backwards robe!!! :rotfl:

We love the Nemo Musical. It is so colorful and so nicely done. And air-conditioned. :thumbsup2

Excellent pictures - all!

Henry's little red cheeks have me hoping the weather will be kind to us when we get there. October is still very warm, but I am hoping that it will only be red cheek warm for just a short time midday.

We saw a bird show yesterday at a street fair. Nothing like Flights of Wonder, of course, but it gave us a small taste of Disney World yesterday. ;)

It really is such a great show, isn't it? Even after seeing it so many times I still enjoy it. The songs are fantastic.

I hope you guys get nice weather! The one time we were there in October was PERFECT. It was a bit cool in the morning and evening, and perfect in the middle of the day. We hope to go in October again sometime.

Gotta love those little bits of Disney in our regular life!! :goodvibes

That's funny.. I read exactly the same blog (All Ears) about Dinoland.. and have a completely new appreciation of the area.. can't wait to go back and see it again 'properly' this next trip! :thumbsup2

Emma princess: x

As someone who has yet to see Nemo but has seen Flights of Wonder, I vote for AC. We did the very first show of the day at FOW and it was comfortable. I think AC would have won out for us too if we'd been there later in the day.

That's a good tip, get to the first show of FoW. I think March will be more bearable without AC, but even still....just in case.

Finding Nemo is a huge draw for me because of that delightful air conditioning, you can't beat that when you at Animal Kingdom!

So, so true! It's wonderful.

That Nemo show is great - and of course the air conditioning help. :) :) Sometimes the best thing for touring in the summer is taking breaks & cooling off - that Florida summer heat is killer!! :)

It really is - and it's nice that Disney has some big attractions like this to fit a lot of people for a nice break.

Great update. I have been to Disney World 4 times and only went to Animal Kingdom once and hated it. Could have been because I was pregnant and carrying around a 17 month old and it was about 10 degrees hotter there than the other parks :confused3. After seeing you sing it's praises so many time we are going to give it another try next time :) They didn't have Nemo back then but we did see the Lion King show and it was our favorite part of the whole day...must have been the air conditioning!

Oh man! Pregnant + carrying child + heat would equal misery! It is a HOT park due to all the vegetation. I sure hope you guys like it this time! Nemo is a great show, it's incredibly well done!!

One of the many benefits of reading TR's, finding out about the little details that you miss! How cool is that exit sign? I really haven't spent too much time there, I'll have to next time. Aww, NEMO!!! Come heck or high water (hopefully neither is necessary:lmao:) I will see it next October!!!

I will venture a guess and say that all the sand digging and heat encountering made Henry a tired little tiger. Naptime!

The details in Dinoland are really incredible! See the link I posted above for that blog with the info. It's really good!

You are an observant Momma....heat, past naptime, digging....!

Brook, I am sorry that you are ill! I hope you will feel better soon!! :hug:

Thanks for the Dinoland Blog, I think I missed that even though I follow his blog quite a lot. It was a great read! :goodvibes

Brook ~ Glad to hear that things with your family are getting better. I will still continue praying for all of them.

Loved your updates from AK! :goodvibes

I'm so glad you posted so many pictures of the Boneyard! And I'm even happier that you explained the "sand" really isn't sand & isn't messy! I'm a happy mommy now too! :laughing: It looks like Henry had a lot of fun there!!! I loved the pictures of him burying you & Joe in the sand! (Luke does that everytime we visit the beach!)

I have never been to Flights of Wonder or Nemo, but hope to next trip! We weren't planning to go to shows because we were afraid Luke wouldn't sit through them...but once we got to AK, we decided to go to Nemo (partially because he loves Nemo & partially because we needed to sit in AC!) BUT the line was ridiculous & it was still 55 minutes BEFORE show time! :sad2: It was ok with me to skip it because I bought a DVD of the show (from ebay) so Luke watches it all the time! I loved your pictures from the show!!! They were all really great! Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

I don't blame you for deciding to go back to the resort. Its always good with a little one to just go with the flow & take a break when needed! Good choice! :thumbsup2

Thank you for the prayers! My cousin is in a very hard spot, she's pregnant, her husband was going to school, but now they are staying 3 hours away with family - he was on the GI Bill, so that was their income as well. Neither one has a job, plus they have a 3 year old and have lost their home (which they were renting from my Grandma, but I guess you have to wait about a YEAR for things to truly dry before you can re-build!) and a ton of their things. She needs prayer!

The Boneyard is a great playground! I love that Disney has thought of the sand issue. As you might have seen here too, someone else posted about there being a similar "sand pit" in T-Rex in DTD!

Nemo is a very fun show - if you are able to swing it next trip, do it! I bet Luke would be into it, lots of music, it's very entertaining. But ya....55 minute wait! No way! We waited around 30 during NYE week and I thought that was bad enough!

Better late than never - I'm joining in :)

Your boy is absolutely adorable. I'm turning 40 at the boardwalk in 10 days and I can't wait! It's our new dvc home resort and I'm so excited to explore! We'll be back in March too, although we'll just miss y'all. We arrive on the 14th.

:welcome: Thank you for joining in!
First, Happy Birthday!!!!! What a GREAT way to celebrate! I hope you enjoy the BW as much as we did! Did you put in any room requests?

Bummer that we miss each other by TWO days!!!

How neat about the exit sign. I'm going to look for it next time.

Due to the heat you made the right choice. You really got some excellent pictures in there.

We really like Flights of Wonder but due to the heat Nemo was the better choice.:thumbsup2

Love the picture of Joe and Henry on Triceratop Spin.

I love all those little Dinoland details. Up above I posted a link to a blog that explains tons of them. There are so many things to explore there!

I look forward to doing FoW in March! We WILL make it!

Pacing yourself, listening to your body and you mood, is the key to us. It makes you enjoy the vacay even more.

That is VERY, VERY true. My head sometimes says one thing, but reality is so much more important! Makes for a happier child, husband and Momma!

How funny how you always end up at Nemo! I really hope that March won't be so cold that you choose to go there instead of WOnders of Flight because you need to warm up! ;)

Love the little details at Dinoland. I wonder wether the numbers on the number plate actually mean something... :confused3

And you had me wondering with your title wether you went for dinner at Flying Fish - but then your last update still had you at AK. So I was really surprised. Clever title! :thumbsup2

Oh, I hope March isn't that cold! Hopefully we are comfortable, and if a bit chilly a chai or a coffee will take care of it!

I hadn't thought about the numbers on the plate. That's a good point! I wouldn't doubt if they do mean something.

I had a moment of creativity with the title! :laughing: We did discuss doing Flying Fish this trip, more than once - I kept bringing up the steak. We didn't book it for March either, but who knows, we just might end up there!

I think you had a pretty productive morning at AK - even if you only got two of the three things done from your list. I love that you took the time to dig in the sand for an hour too. :thumbsup2

We felt like we had covered enough to be satisfied with the park. Something new, something Henry has been itchin' to do, and a couple of old favorites. I like to spend the time on the things Henry really cares about - before I know it he won't give two hoots about the sandbox, and I'll miss his bucket and shovel days! Plus, it's his vacation as well - I want him to have as much fun as Joe and I. :rotfl:

I'm a little late to your TR but I am all caught up and officially addicted! I stayed at BWV for my first DVC stay in June and fell completely in love with the area. It is so charming! Can't wait to read more about your trip. :yay:

And I must say, I am so, so, jealous of your March trip plans! 15 days in Disney...that is pure heaven!

:welcome: Thank you for reading!!! We just loved the BWV too! So, so wonderful. The location, the theme, the music - ahhhh, it all just was exactly like you said - charming! I really look forward to staying there again. We are psyched about the 15 days! It's been an adventure to plan, but a lot of fun!

Without saying too much, I'm sad you didn't get to see FoW! Not quite as "spectacular" as Nemo, but very fun.

I was SO super hot that week- I know! Glad you know what treats will give you a quick cool down. :thumbsup2

I think we'll really enjoy FoW when we do get to see it. I hope Henry finds it entertaining enough though....

I think you made the right decision with Nemo over FoW too. It just gets so hot at AK and when you were there it was really hot. Probably helped Henry out a bit as well.

No plans - I'd probably lay by the pool for a bit, then see if I could get into Chefs for soup (yes I'm crazy and will eat it in a 100+ day :rotfl:). Or just lay around the resort until Illuminations and head to the bridge to watch them. Am I close? ;)

Ya, he might have gotten cranky in the heat after a bit longer. Or I might have....:rolleyes1 :laughing:

Chefs has the French Onion soup, right? Oh man, that sounds AWESOME right now. I'm sick with the sniffles and an ear ache, I could use some good soup!

You are right on pieces of your guess....laying around and food was done. ::yes::

I was really behind...TR-reading really suffers from busy weeks, doesn't it? ;)

Henry looks so cute playing in the sand! The Boneyard & Dig Site is another area I've never visited...something else to look forward to once I have a child to entertain!

I've never made it to FoW, either, and I always intend to. Maybe next time it'll actually happen?

I'm so sorry to hear about the flooding...I hope your family is hanging in there as best as they can. :hug:

Yes! The DIS can be so hard to keep up on. I haven't really been on in a few days and I'm a bazillion posts behind. No worries though, life happens and it's generally a tad more important. ;)

You'll get to know those Disney playgrounds quite well! They are a lot of fun though. Like everywhere else, the details are usually pretty incredible. It's a total wonderland for the littles.

Thank you for your kind words on the flooding too. It's been a bit shocking and tragic, but we try to focus on the good things - the house DID need a remodel :laughing: and more importantly NO ONE was hurt!

No, we've never done Nemo. This was our first year to do Lion King and it was on the top of my list. Nemo for sure next year.

Ah! Lion King is a great show too, it's always a toss up for which one for us if we can only do one. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

That's funny.. I read exactly the same blog (All Ears) about Dinoland.. and have a completely new appreciation of the area.. can't wait to go back and see it again 'properly' this next trip! :thumbsup2

I always kinda liked the area, but this made me look at it completely different, it really makes it even more interesting. I do wish they would post the story somewhere to make people understand the area more or something....?

Brook, I am sorry that you are ill! I hope you will feel better soon!! :hug:

Thanks for the Dinoland Blog, I think I missed that even though I follow his blog quite a lot. It was a great read! :goodvibes

Thank you Magdalene! It's my own silly fault with not preparing better for the weather. :headache: Of course it is the day when I generally watch a friend of Henry's too, so Joe has TWO toddlers at his feet! :eek:

Your welcome on the blog! I really like his blog - I think it was actually you who turned me onto him in the first place....I know I caught this Dinoland bit off another TR.

I've been meaning to ask as well, have you gotten the package I sent you? I sent it on Thursday, September 23. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to you, but I hope it comes soon! :goodvibes

Morning, Brook!! Are you feeling any better today?

Thank you Magdalene! It's my own silly fault with not preparing better for the weather. :headache: Of course it is the day when I generally watch a friend of Henry's too, so Joe has TWO toddlers at his feet! :eek:

Your welcome on the blog! I really like his blog - I think it was actually you who turned me onto him in the first place....I know I caught this Dinoland bit off another TR.

I've been meaning to ask as well, have you gotten the package I sent you? I sent it on Thursday, September 23. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to you, but I hope it comes soon! :goodvibes

Poor Joe, I hope he can manage! ;) I think I might have mentioned Jack Spence, he does great posts about the parks. But when I read the Dinoland blog, it was rather new to me.... :confused:

I had a note in my letterbox today that I got a large letter which did not fit, so I will go to the post office (fortunately only one block away from my house!) to pick it up. I was wondering what it might be and then thought that it could be the surprise from you! :goodvibes I will let you know tomorrow!

We left off leaving AK and arriving at the BW, with no plans for the night

1006178878_sbBR6-M.jpg

1006180782_3EX9e-M.jpg

Every time we walked down the hallway Henry would point to every single door and say "This one?" then he'd skip ours and point to the one across the hall...:laughing:

Back in the room we kicked off our shoes and the boys went straight down for a nap. I believe I read a bit, got on the DIS and Facebook...but sleeping was not happening. I posted to my Facebook at 5:18 "
Do I wake my sleeping boys? Or, go dine solo? Perhaps I'll just go shopping and grab a snack down on the Boardwalk..."

Well, I took everyone's advice who responded and went out shopping and to get a snack...and I gotta say...

It was nice being solo for a bit!

Pictures while I slowly made my way down to the Boardwalk...
1006182408_wSBET-M.jpg

The little chair is stinkin' adorable!

1006183913_bJ8JP-M.jpg

From the patio just off the lobby

1006185154_vdWci-M.jpg

1006186669_SDGB6-M.jpg

Looking down on the green from the patio. A father and son were tossing a football back and forth, just having a nice relaxing time on vacation. :thumbsup2

1006188502_BTwLe-M.jpg

1006189944_duCDN-M.jpg

1006191710_uNtdz-M.jpg

1006193610_zaBpG-M.jpg

Ah, yes. Here we are.

I didn't know what to expect with this gift shop, but man! it's HUGE! I was very impressed at everything they had. While shopping and being amazed at all the choices I overheard a woman say, "Is this your only gift shop?" and I was surprised...what wasn't here??? Really, they have a very, very nice selection! One thing I did miss was the resort themed magnets. We collect magnets from everywhere we go, but have enough of the generic WDW ones.

1006195328_DHm25-M.jpg

I spied this display as soon as I walked in the door and figured they had to have the silver Mickey head wine stopper that luvfigment had requested I pick up for her - and they did! :thumbsup2

I started to take pictures of things I wanted...

1006196814_UC44s-M.jpg

Love this.

1006198492_AzLc3-M.jpg

I wanted to come back for these, but never did.

1006200139_FyYMx-M.jpg

I had wanted this CD for the past couple trips but didn't see it anywhere, this trip I saw it everywhere!

1006201452_DY78s-M.jpg

The current incentives. Yet, you could buy that same beach towel without a $25 purchase for the same price....:confused3

1006202845_YH9M6-M.jpg

I loved all the scarves they had in all the gift shops! So, so pretty!

1006204381_SUste-M.jpg

These were only $12

1006205987_tHX3G-M.jpg

I will take one of each please. ;) I had wanted the wristlet for running errands around our neighborhood, but talked myself out of it.

1006207941_W6uAh-M.jpg

These are cute too

1006209769_Qo2Dx-M.jpg

Continued in next post

Continued from previous post

1006211472_PTcMB-M.jpg

1006213207_bDoTQ-M.jpg

1006215041_PTr6e-M.jpg

1006217050_SjZG4-M.jpg

1006218767_qAoEM-M.jpg

These made me think of MeMom, I know she likes 'em!

Something for Joe...
1006220575_UqYbd-M.jpg

Something for Henry...
1006222459_gy7JM-M.jpg

1006224369_9oSwz-M.jpg

And these made me think of TyRy!

After shopping and shopping and shopping and only buying the one item for luvfigment, I went back out into the warm air to find a snack. My stomach was growling, but I wanted something simple and light...hmmm.....

1006225954_qREf8-M.jpg

No, everything here is too heavy.

1006228022_VpTJz-M.jpg

The view sure is nice!

But, it's even better with...

1006229817_NtuSj-M.jpg

YES! I FINALLY got WDW popcorn! And, you are all very, very right (like I ever doubted you!), it did NOT disappoint. YUM. That "Never Done" is finally checked off the list. :yay: (and it gets a double-check later in the trip...:rolleyes1)

After I admired the view for a few minutes while munching on my popcorn I made my way back up to the room to find the boys awake, but still laying in bed. As soon as Henry spotted my popcorn box he was up and wanting some! :laughing:

And before I knew it...
47823_10150244402325285_500090284_14331785_8326013_n.jpg

Henry stole my popcorn! Last December it was Joe's Mickey Bar, this time it's my popcorn. The kid knows what is good, doesn't he?

We sat there for a bit, discussing what to eat for dinner, munching on popcorn. I cannot recall the choices we cycled through, but one of us brought up a very lovely ice cream shop with killer burgers just across the lake, Beaches & Cream, and it was a winner.

1006235499_tfdZ4-M.jpg

Off we go!

1006237384_Y7qMk-M.jpg

1006240754_Aca2N-M.jpg

1006242607_CPQeR-M.jpg

Henry thought the flowers were very pretty. I did too!

We arrived and were told there would just be a FIVE minute wait! Last time we had to wait forty minutes, so this was very welcomed news. The CM was really very nice, her and I chatted kids books. She used to be an assistant children's librarian, so she had lots of good recommendations for books. I put them in my notes...somewhere! :laughing:

1006244194_Q4JjV-M.jpg

Henry knew what he wanted. :rolleyes: I didn't realize he was actually going to lick this when I took the picture! :headache: How many kids do you think lick this every single day???? :eek: :rotfl2:

Continued in the next post

Continued from the previous post

1006245768_JCJ7Z-M.jpg

The view during our short wait was pretty rockin'

Very soon we were called and led to the table right next to the one we sat at last time we were there.

1006247511_JtCj5-M.jpg

After we ordered Henry decided he wanted to see what was going on behind the bar. Generally I would just make him stay put, but the restaurant really wasn't full at all, so I let him play a bit.

1006249109_5jbWq-M.jpg

The CM there just loved him sitting up there!

Very soon our food arrived and Henry was more than ready to sit back in his chair instead of at the bar or on one of our laps

1006257246_uUCkD-M.jpg

Joe and I both ordered a cheeseburger and split an order of onion rings. I shared my burger with Henry.

Delicious! Those onion rings are soooooo very good.

We were stuffed full so we skipped dessert. I know, I know! At Beaches & Cream and we skipped dessert!!! There was just no way we could have fit it in too without feeling miserable.

Just as we were about to leave the lights dimmed and the little yellow rotating light came on. I figured someone had ordered the Kitchen Sink, but nope! It was for

1006261365_XY6RK-M.jpg

HENRY!

The CM tied a balloon to his chair and had everyone sing Happy Birthday. And are you ready for this? The possible WORST round of Happy Birthday ever....:rotfl:

Happy Birthday Henry (1 minute, 35 seconds)

The poor singing made no difference to Henry, he was thrilled with the balloon!

Our dinner, 1 milk, 2 cheeseburgers and 1 order of onion rings was right around $25.

After we left Henry spied the beach again and asked to dig. We hadn't brought his bucket, so we just let him run for a few minutes.

1006272463_hrU8C-M.jpg

1006274445_SHFzG-M.jpg

Heading back to the BW
1006290077_5o2ee-M.jpg

1006292333_rwMaQ-M.jpg

He insisted on holding it.

1006294167_AsbFe-M.jpg

1006295652_ePY6R-M.jpg

Every time we went over the bridge on the way to Epcot or the BC Henry really enjoyed watching the water, the ducks and the boats.

1006297490_kweXc-M.jpg

1006301908_oMUmK-M.jpg

He was espeically excited seeing two boats at once!

1006303899_LvDDC-M.jpg

The Boardwalk is made up of wooden planks, as you can see. When Henry was in his stroller he would pretend he was a train and these were his rail road tracks. When we "ran out of track" and hit the pavement area he would become a car. It was pretty dern cute.

1006305969_vNXuK-M.jpg

1006307938_tKo4q-M.jpg

1006310197_xTnh3-M.jpg

1006312346_Sgzm6-M.jpg

1006314234_JtZsM-M.jpg

1006316591_BKZLc-M.jpg

Back to the room and a quick change into our swimsuits - we were off to see George in all his glowtastic beauty. I didn't bring a camera, so you who aren't too fond of clowns are spared.

For now.

:teeth:

Later that night Henry took a bath and pretended he was Buzz Lightyear flying all over the room.

1006320178_ViAPg-M.jpg

1006321751_4hJnX-M.jpg

I checked in on the weather back home, Earl was making his appearance to the east coast.
47258_10150244554815285_500090284_14334655_3579327_n.jpg

mickeysmyboy lives out there on Long Island, but thankfully she reported back that it was not bad at ALL.

And with that we are all off to sleep.

But before we closed our eyes I gave Joe an ultimatum. Yes, an ultimatum on vacation. He. He. It went a little like this,

Me: "Tomorrow we are doing Magic Kingdom. I want to make Rope Drop. If you aren't ready on time, I'm going without you."
Joe: "Ooookay."

So now the big question is....did we make it????

Morning, Brook!! Are you feeling any better today?

I had done all those replies earlier today yet - so nope, not feeling any better - feeling worse actually. Blahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Poor Joe, I hope he can manage! ;) I think I might have mentioned Jack Spence, he does great posts about the parks. But when I read the Dinoland blog, it was rather new to me.... :confused:

I had a note in my letterbox today that I got a large letter which did not fit, so I will go to the post office (fortunately only one block away from my house!) to pick it up. I was wondering what it might be and then thought that it could be the surprise from you! :goodvibes I will let you know tomorrow!

He's managing pretty well. This morning was rougher...he was just kinda letting the boys destroy the house, they were having fun, but I was NOT okay with that. This afternoon he's been playing with them/supervising their play, I just posted a pic on my FB of them.

33645_10150268293020285_500090284_14865678_6904849_n.jpg

He's got them both seated in little fabric toy bins and pulling them around. They LOVE it. Henry threw his hands up like he was on a roller coaster!

Sounds good about the mail! I hope that is it, if not it should be there any day now....!

While I am sure you love spending time with your two boys at Disney, I'm also sure that you enjoyed walking around a little bit by yourself. It's nice to spend a little alone time on vacation.

I loved everything you took pictures of in the gift shop but I think my favorite is the pink and green Minnie purse. Wonder if they'll still have that around next May? Adding that to my "gotta have" list.:thumbsup2

As I said before, your Boardwalk pictures are absolutely beautiful and Henry is the cutest little thing ever.

what a lovely afternoon/evening.. the Boardwalk area is so picturesque, great photos! :goodvibes

Think I 'need' one of those D&B purses too :rolleyes1 !

LOL at the video of everyone singing to Henry. I wonder if they will do that to me if we go there...

I really hope you made rope drop or I am going to be very disappointed. :mad:

What a great and relaxing afternoon/evening! I really wish I could do that, but I am afraid that I am not made for that kind of vacation. I think for me it also has to with the fact, that I am never should when I will be back again. It is so far and if the exchange rate goes all crazy it might just become way too expensive...

What a fun picture of the two boys! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter