Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Yipeee for a walk to Epcot! Can I tell you how much I'm looking forward to that?!

I can't believe Joe wasn't in the mood for pizza! The menu for Via Napoli looks so yummy! What a bummer that you didn't get Mexican! But your Sunshine Seasons dinner looks great!

Henry looks like he had a great ride on Soarin! I can't believe there was only a 5 minute wait?! What's the deal with that!?

I love that you guys had such a successful travel day! Especially because Joe got out before bad weather hit!

This makes teachers very jealous!
We are right in the beginning of school then, and sneaking away for a crowd-free vacation just isn't cool with the school. :upsidedow I am looking forward to doing this when I retire....too many years from now. :)

Oh Memom! I didn't mean to make you jealous! You are way toooo sweet!
This time of year just happens to work BEST for our family right now. This is our fourth year in a row and we are so spoiled going during this time! We also went for the first time last year for ten days prior to Christmas, and we were there just for the Christmas spirit...you know to see the decorations, shows, etc...we had no plans on standing on those L-O-N-G lines to ride the attractions. I say we are spoiled a bit by going 'off times'!

Hoping one day soon you can too go and see for yourself :woohoo: during this time. I'm not sure when retirement is for you, but hope it works out.

Sorry...Brook for taking over your trippie for a second, didn't want memom to think i missed her reply. :goodvibes

I'm so thrilled that Henry loved Soarin! What a magical moment for the three of you.

I'm a little sad he's not Dut-Dut anymore. :sad2:

Oh, I think it is a very big deal who you end up with on your annual pass. :lmao:

Gorgeous pictures of the outside of Via Napoli! I will have to remember to show them to Charles.

Yep, I spotted the problem as soon as you said Mexican! :eek: I am glad you thought of Sunshine Seasons, though, and that strawberry shortcake is ALWAYS the perfect way to end a meal!

Hurray for Henry getting to ride Soarin! That's awesome! I have to agree with him -- the aircraft carrier is my favorite part -- well, my favorite part along with the orange groves!

First night and Henry has already seen Mickey and Donald! :woohoo: I am sad he isn't Dut-Dut anymore. :(

Cool trivia about the fountain being designed by the same guy who did the Bellagio fountains. You know, I don't think I have ever really thought about fountains being "designed."

Love the pictures of Henry opening the door to the room and crashed out on his bed! :goodvibes

As always, your photos made me feel like I was right there in the middle of Epcot!

WOOT WOOT...what a magical evening indeed!!!! So excited that Henry loved Soarin!! YAY YAY YAY!! What a great ride to share as a family!!!!

What a great evening!! I love the look of Italy with the new restaurant, it looks much more complete now than before.

I am really excited that Henry got over the size limit for Soarin - I wonder what other rides he went on. :goodvibes

What a wonderful first day experience! So glad that Henry was able to ride Soarin'. Thanks for sharing Henry's first experience on it. I had tears in my eyes looking at your pictures. I love seeing Disney through the little one's eyes. I also love the picture of Henry and Goofy. You can see the happiness on his face.

Great update! Madeline was looking at your pictures with me and she is now excited to go on Soarin when we go in June. She said " I don't have a hot air balloon" so I said she could pretend and she said 'ooh I love pretending ". :)

You guys really lucked out with the wait times.

What a great ending to your day! That is awesome that Henry made the mark for Soarin' and that he enjoyed it so much. I don't think Ava is going to make the mark again this year. She will be four at the end of the month and she is still only 39 inches with shoes on!

What an awesome evening. Are you sure you didn't book Epcot all to yourselves? It looked so empy and how cool is that!
I have to ask, while I'm thinking of it...how did you stroller attachment thing work out for you? Do you recommend it? Did it fold up in the stroller or did you have to take it off each time? And if you liked it, could you remind me which one you got?

Sounds like an awesome evening! Yay for Henry being tall enough to ride Soarin and loving it. Clearly he has good taste in Disney attractions. :rotfl:

You got some great pictures too. Cool you saw some of the entertainment at the Boardwalk. We caught one of the performers there and it's just those little things that add to the fun. I love the Boardwalk and can't wait to stay there.

A FIVE-MINUTE WAIT FOR SOARIN'?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. That's really all there is to say about that! I'm thinking that next year, I might have to go in September and October! :rotfl:

So glad Henry made the cut for Soarin', and that he loved the ride. You guys really did have a perfect first day (well, except for its lack of pizza, but I guess we can overlook that)!

What a great start to the trip. I love the picture of Henry giving the thumbs up after Soarin...he's braver than I was when I was little!

Walking back after Epcot is truly one of the best things about BWV. We thought we'd feel that with the CR walkway after the MK, but it just seemed soooooo long and took forever.

Aww Brook, what a fabulous trip so far! Epcot looks amazing, particularly when it's empty!:laughing:

Ah, Soarin. My family's favorite ride! When we took my youngest DD, she was barely 4 and was so excited that she (warning TMI coming!) peed! I was scrambling to find a change of clothes for her in our backpack! But pee aside, she loved it and squealed (literally) the entire time! Such a precious memory, minus the urinating of course!:laughing:

I love the pic of Joe holding Henry while he slept.:goodvibes It just looks like a perfect trip for you guys! I sure hope it continued. And I'm loving all the boardwalk pics too, now my interest it totally piqued!:goodvibes Your Illuminations pic is really cool! You've got a great artistic eye!:thumbsup2 Would you believe we've never seen it yet? It's on my list for our upcoming trip.

And lastly, I love the pic of Henry all curled up in his big boy bed, totally wiped out! That's what my 3DD's look like at the end of a Disney day, pooped! I have the funniest picture of them from our last trip where they're sleeping with their mouths hanging wide open! DH and I were howling with laughter while I took pics!

First park and I love it.

Sorry the mexican food didn't pan out, but Sunshine Seasons is my favorite CS. I've never tried the pork but I need to now. Of course the Shortcake is another favorite.

Henry's first thrill ride! I'm so glad he was tall enough and he loved it. My youngest was 4 when she was finally tall enough. Her first was Test Track. I have the picture by the sign too. She loved it and after that she thought she could do anything. Up next was Tower or Terror.

Wonderful character interaction.

Y'all had just an all around wonderful first night.

You asked about the Espn game area, I didn't pay attention the costs. It's not my thing, DH is the one who loves video games. Anita may be able to answer the question. I seem to remember Baylor really liking the games there.

Finally I remembered to subscribe to your report!
What a great first few hours! And such a magical night!!!
xxx

Billy was "reading" over my shoulder and was so excited when Henry made it for Soarin'!

Perfect Disney evening... I loved reading about it!

Kathy

I believe it was on our walk back home to the Boardwalk that I looked at Joe and said, "I think this has been our best travel day yet." We often have a rough travel day, feeling exhausted, slightly crabby, and just off. I've learned the hard way to not make any concrete plans or ADRs. This turned out just right. It truly was a magical night for us!

It sounds amazingly perfect! I still can't get over that wait for Soarin'

That walk is seductive, it makes you never want to stay anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter