Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

That is great that Henry loved Soarin. It is my favorite ride. Great pictures from the Character Spot I love the one of Henry looking up at Goofy.

Wow, wow, WOW!! What a perfect evening! I hardly know where to start. You entered Epcot through my very favorite entrance (almost always empty!) at my most favorite time of day. Beautiful!!

Via Napoli looks amazing and I can't wait to see how the pavilion has changed.

Hurrah for riding Soarin. I cannot believe it was 5 min standby. Holy mojo!!

Great character and Illuminations pictures. I'm a little sad that "we" have outgrown Dut-dut. :rolleyes:

Great pictures all around. Remind me, what kind of camera do you use?

H in that big bed is adorable.

Can't wait for more!! popcorn::

Stumbled on your TR tonight and I usually don't start ones that already have 17 pages, but I'm so glad I read yours (and I'm all caught up)! The report is so entertaining and the pictures are just amazing!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip popcorn::

P.S. Your Henry is too cute!

Woot!! That day sounds amazing!! Family all together at Epcot, dinner at Sunshine Seasons, riding Soarin as a family with a 5 minute stand-by wait, character meet-ups, and some Illuminations?? What more could you ask for!! I have shown Liam the Soarin movies over and over. He is pretty sure he won't like it and does not want to ride. Just bums me out because I know he'd love it! And I think the character spot at Epcot is the best meet n greet! So many characters and so much fun!

And think, if Joe had been in the mood for pizza, you may not have gotten to Soarin that night!

1004067642_P4knG-M.jpg

This picture is so cute. Just love Henry looking up at Goofy.

Back to the room
1004377001_vNLEz-M.jpg

Henry loved doing this! :laughing:

My DS loves doing that too. It's the small things.

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful first day. I still can't believe a 5 minute wait for Soarin' and 3 people in front of you at the Character Spot. I have never seen it with less than like 25 people and we go during slow months. You guys just had awesome karma this whole trip, I think.

This has to be the best first night EVER!!!:thumbsup2
Great AP pictures!! :laughing: I have Mickey but wouldn't mind having Pluto ;)
Dinner looked scrumptious and then off to Soarin!!!!! Wow! Tall enough and then five minute wait?!!! :yay: Then super character mojo....loved him squeezing Minnie's nose :goodvibes
All that and then little boy big bed....LOVE that picture!!! All curled up for a night filled with Disney dreams :goodvibes

Tracy

Enjoying your TR! It's getting me excited for our up coming trip in November. :thumbsup2 I love seeing the pics of Henry and getting the :goodvibes feeling. Can't wait for my little one to be born, take her to WDW, and have all the wonderful memories :hug: Post more soon!

subscribing! we leave on thursday and im getting so excited reading your report. love all the pictures. see your from ny. I live in NJ and work downtown manhatten!!! Love your report

Crowds were pretty much like that all week for us! 5 minute waits on nearly everything with only a few exceptions. LOVED IT!! Let me say it again! I LOVED IT!!

Great start to your trip! Some chill-axin', some Soarin', some good eats....

The private entrance just makes everything so much nicer! Although your evening was pretty perfect anyway....
I don't think I have ever seen Soarin' with a 5 minute standby! Henry looked like he was just skimming that sign but so glad he made the height and had such a great ride! You all were experiencing some real magic with that ride and the character spot! :thumbsup2

Oh. My. LORD. That pic of Henry on Soarin' has to be the cutest thing I've seen in a while. LOVE it!!!

Sounds like a fantastic first day to me.

I can't wait to check out the Italy pavilion for myself. And I'm SO glad to see the fountain is still back there. :goodvibes

What a wonderful travel day for you guys! Going where the moment takes you. Following your stomachs to good food. Soarin'. Illuminations. Walking along the Boardwalk. Playtime in the tub. Good stuff. :thumbsup2

There is something very cool about the area by the fountain. The music combined with the sound of the water just gives the area a special feeling.

We try to hit Character Spot first thing for lots of good pictures with very little wait. We have a Soarin' Fastpass runner (usually Jill) and the rest of us get in line at Character Spot. She joins us right before it's our turn, and if she's not there yet, we just let a family or two go in front of us until she is. Works out very nicely.

Hey Brook! Any day next week will be fine :goodvibes ! Just let me know what's good for you. My lil' guy is 8 so I need to work something out around his school schedule. We were there from Aug 27 - Sept 7, this trip, and yes after labor day, we were getting 5 minute waits on all rides, too:thumbsup2 Soaring, Test Track was a walk-on, also, had this in MK, we were thrilled! We covered soooo many rides in such little time! :dance3: We felt like we had the entire park to ourselves....:cloud9: ahhh what a nice feeling! :wizard: We also found that many TS Restaurants were EMPTY, we went to Kona one nite w/o a ressie and the whole place was empty! Did you notice that, too?

BTW, I keep on looking in your pics as we may be extras.....lol, but nothing yet! :laughing: I am now officially 'hooked' on your trippie!

We were there from Aug 27 - Sept 7, this trip, and yes after labor day, we were getting 5 minute waits on all rides, too:thumbsup2 Soaring, Test Track was a walk-on, also, had this in MK, we were thrilled! We covered soooo many rides in such little time! :dance3: We felt like we had the entire park to ourselves....:cloud9: ahhh what a nice feeling! :wizard: We also found that many TS Restaurants were EMPTY, we went to Kona one nite w/o a ressie and the whole place was empty! Did you notice that, too?

This makes teachers very jealous!
We are right in the beginning of school then, and sneaking away for a crowd-free vacation just isn't cool with the school. :upsidedow I am looking forward to doing this when I retire....too many years from now. :)

Didn't you just love walking to Epcot?!:cloud9:

Great pictures around WS!

They did have a counter service open in Mexico though it was located in one of the Food and Wine stands just outside of Mexico they had the same things as the usual counter service the only problem was the seating but people were allowed to eat inside La Cava del Tequila.

Sunshine Seasons looks good! We had to trek through Epcot one night for a slice of strawberry shortcake :laughing:

I am glad Henry liked Soarin! Also :yay: for a 5 minute wait!

Sounds like a great first day!

What a great night!!

LOVE the pic of Henry on Soarin- so glad he was tall enough and enjoyed it! I would have been super nervous too that he was going to freak out!

I can't believe the wait times for things. Here's hoping that mojo continues on into the end of the month! :yay:

Henry is just adorable with all the characters, and in his big boy bed. So fun!

You gotta love the pedicure paper slippers you get lol I wear them all around the house....not! lol

At least you had a nice walk around WS, even if your destination was closed. Wasn't there a teeny tiny little CS place open nearby? I remember seeing one that served a limited Mexican menu sort of between Mexico and the Promenade. But hey, Sunshine Seasons is always a winner! We ate there twice in one day. :goodvibes How exciting that Henry was able to go on Soarin'! And the wait was only 5 minutes-that really is crazy! So glad he liked it. It seemed like you all had fun with the characters. I absolutely LOVE IllumiNations. I pretty much have the soundtrack memorized.

That sign for the Epcot resorts is getting me pretty excited for next year! I am a little sad that we won't constantly get to hear the bus spiel though-it grew on me!

Thank you!!! We hope to try the Beach Club soon - have you stayed there before? Do all those villas overlook the incredible pool?

We haven't stayed there before-slowly moving our way up through the Disney resort chain! :laughing: No, none of the villas overlook the incredible pool. :sad2: They have views of the woods or Epcot, the quiet pool, or the courtyard between BC and BCV. I actually found this really cool sight that has pictures of the views from certain rooms.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/views.php

I love how into Birthdays Disney seems. They are so nice and make you feel so great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter