Barcelona hotels pre-cruise

Anyone know anything about the Hilton that DCL is using I am wait listed for the Rennisance.

Stayed at the Hilton in 2007. Beautiful hotel a block from the Med. and across the street from a big mall. Subway station around the corner and a stop of the hop on/hop off bus in front on the street. Roof top pool and nice spa. 1st rate hotel.A little bit north of the Las Ramblas. You could walk along the Med. and get there but it will be a couple miles. The Rennisance is the second one located more downtown at least that is the address they gave me when I made reservations through Disney. All the hotels we have booked through Disney have been first class in Barcelona.

If you look at the first post in this thread, that has the link to the hotels that DCL is using, including the correct Renaissance Barcelona - not the airport one. We are booked both pre and post cruise at the Renaissance and the DCL price was better than what we could have booked ourselves at the same hotel.

Our TA highly recommends the Renaissance Barcelona Airport for a post cruise stay for convenience to the airport.

We are using DCL transfers from airport to hotel to port and reverse. We are about to book air on our own... Just have to bite the bullet to do it.

carpenta said:
Stayed at the Hilton in 2007. Beautiful hotel a block from the Med. and across the street from a big mall. Subway station around the corner and a stop of the hop on/hop off bus in front on the street. Roof top pool and nice spa. 1st rate hotel.A little bit north of the Las Ramblas. You could walk along the Med. and get there but it will be a couple miles. The Rennisance is the second one located more downtown at least that is the address they gave me when I made reservations through Disney. All the hotels we have booked through Disney have been first class in Barcelona.

Excellent description ;) We stayed there in 07. Great hotel. Very close to the mall. Beach area rather sketchy (IMO) we didn't hang around down there.

We've booked at the Rennisance this time around.

This thread has been very helpful as we have started making plans for our cruise next July!

We have booked our pre-cruise at the Renaissance Barcelona, the one "downtown" on Pau Claris. Looks pretty centrally located, and close to a hop on, hop off bus stop. I have been saving Marriott points, so that is certainly helpful as we will need 2 rooms per night for our family of 4.

Since I am using Marriott points, I did not compare the rates thru Disney versus the Marriott website (currently 203 € per night, per room, advanced purchase). It looks like AAA rates are available, saving about 15€ per night versus e standard rate. I would assume other hotels may have AAA rates, too.

happy planning everyone! We can't wait until July 2013!

SCFamily4 said:
This thread has been very helpful as we have started making plans for our cruise next July!

We have booked our pre-cruise at the Renaissance Barcelona, the one "downtown" on Pau Claris. Looks pretty centrally located, and close to a hop on, hop off bus stop. I have been saving Marriott points, so that is certainly helpful as we will need 2 rooms per night for our family of 4.

Since I am using Marriott points, I did not compare the rates thru Disney versus the Marriott website (currently 203 € per night, per room, advanced purchase). It looks like AAA rates are available, saving about 15€ per night versus e standard rate. I would assume other hotels may have AAA rates, too.

happy planning everyone! We can't wait until July 2013!

I think ours is at $806 total thru Disney for 2 nights, 2 rooms. We booked through them thinking we would get a better price somewhere and then just stopped looking. Ease... I'm looking for easy. Glad to know its comparable to what we can get on our own.

My friend and I will stay at the Four Points By Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal hotel after the May Transatlantic (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...n_Barcelona_Diagonal-Barcelona_Catalonia.html). I'd prefer to stay closer to Las Ramblas, as my DH and I did in 2010 at the NH Barcelona Centro (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...-NH_Barcelona_Centro-Barcelona_Catalonia.html). However, I am using Starwood points for this reservation - although the regular price is very reasonable at 79 euros/night.

We will take a taxi from port to hotel and hotel to airport.

Looks like there are 2 Renaissance-the link you have seems to be near the airport-they have better rates and a "Cruise"package. Airport pickup, breakfast and cruise terminal drop off.

Some of those prices are pretty steep-We booked the pre-cruise at the Renaissance Airport (they have a shuttle that will take you to Los Ramblas - 5Euro) for 136 euro.

mom_rules said:
Some of those prices are pretty steep-We booked the pre-cruise at the Renaissance Airport (they have a shuttle that will take you to Los Ramblas - 5Euro) for 136 euro.

So have you checked if the airport has transport to the pier? I might try that o save a little dough.

So have you checked if the airport has transport to the pier? I might try that o save a little dough.

We booked a "Pre-Cruise" package 136 euros plus tax
Includes airport to hotel shuttle, breakfast for 2 and hotel to cruise terminal shuttle.
We arrive the day before cruise mid afternoon so I'm thinking this will be sufficient. If we feel up to it might take their shuttle to Las Ramblas.
After the cruise we'll just take DCL transportation to the airport.

Oops should have mentioned it was at Renaissance Airport

Includes airport to hotel shuttle, breakfast for 2 and hotel to cruise terminal shuttle.
We arrive the day before cruise mid afternoon so I'm thinking this will be sufficient. If we feel up to it might take their shuttle to Las Ramblas.

That sounds like an excellent deal.

Ok broke down and bought the air today with Air France ... Hilton sounds good but I would like the Ren if we can get in there.

Ok broke down and bought the air today with Air France ... Hilton sounds good but I would like the Ren if we can get in there.

We're on the last cruise departing August 31 and I'm hoping for the Renaissance as well.

If you don't mind sharing, what did you have to pay for the flight?

Happy planning!

Deaconfan said:
If you don't mind sharing, what did you have to pay for the flight?

Happy planning!

I paid quite a bit 7k but that was for voyager premier class. Economy was about 5k

mom_rules said:

Oops should have mentioned it was at Renaissance Airport

Thats a good deal. Please can you tell me how/who you booked through would like to get a quote. What date is your cruise ?
Thanks

We are staying at that same hotel and got the same price
We are coming in 3 days early. Our cruise is July 13th
I have gone in to look at the ressies........it says there are no rooms available.
I don't know if they hold some for closer to the day?
I booked directly with the hotel

We are also staying a pre and post night to make our nonstop 10:45am flight. I originally was going to do a 2 pre night .

We are a family of 5. 2 adults and ds17,ds14, and ds turning 12 on the cruise.

We are going to do the precruise ABD, but I may need a postcruise hotel and I'd like something convenient, not too expensive, with easy transportation (hopefully the hotel might organize it) from cruise and to airport.

Any suggestions?

Thats a good deal. Please can you tell me how/who you booked through would like to get a quote. What date is your cruise ?
Thanks

Directly on their website-using AAA rate July 25th is the cruise date

We booked the Hilton Diagonal Mar. Great rates are available directly through Hilton's website if you click on show all rates, they have a "Great Getaway" rate that is 40% off the standard rack rate. We paid 249 EUROS or $318 US, including taxes, for a Junior Suite, that can accommodate 4. Regular rate is 416 EUROS. This room also gives you access to their Executive Lounge, which includes breakfast, all day drinks and evening tapas. You do have to prepay in full and it is nonrefundable. I'm not sure how long this promotion is running.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter