Barcelona hotels pre-cruise

Just returned from a 2 day stay post-cruise (NCL's Epic) at the Hotel Pulitzer, which was mentioned in this thread. Cost was $199/night for two twin beds. It was just me and DD, but the room was spacious for a European hotel. I wouldn't recommend 4 in the room due to the size of the beds, but you know your own family's comfort level.

Loved everything about the hotel- the location was fantastic, and it was right by the HOHO bus stop #1, so you could hop on either line and take the loop from the very beginning. No rooftop pool- but the terrace was pretty cool. Customer service was great. There is no carpet anywhere though, and a very open floor plan so my only concern would be the sound level- you could hear everything going on in the halls near you, and depending on your room location, even other floors. We were exhausted after the cruise, so this didn't really bother us.

For anyone looking to stay at the Hispanos 7 Suiza....I was a bit frustrated that I couldn't get our dates to show any availability for next June, so I began plugging random dates in. NO date I put in for 2013 would do anything! So....I emailed them! And got a booking that way! Apparently even though they haven't gotten around to releasing their 2013 rates yet, they have no issue dealing with us over-obsessed planners....:rotfl: So, I got a 2-bed, 2-bath apartment for 4 people for 1 night for $275E. If you think in terms of the fact that most parties of 4 are forced into 2 rooms, I think this is a good deal.

So, I got a 2-bed, 2-bath apartment for 4 people for 1 night for $275E. If you think in terms of the fact that most parties of 4 are forced into 2 rooms, I think this is a good deal.

TOTALLY! We are going to book with them again. Thanks for letting me know you were able to book now.

Hilton Diagonal Mar DCL IS USING THIS ONE. PARTY OF 4 IS $416/NIGHT (2 ROOMS)

I had our DU travel agent quote the Hilton Diagonal Mar for our family of four and was quoted $416.00 per room and we would need two rooms. I also asked about booking a junior suite and was told that the Hilton has not released any to Disney. So my question based on what I have been reading is do you feel that my quote is correct??

CBJHockeyNut said:

I had our DU travel agent quote the Hilton Diagonal Mar for our family of four and was quoted $416.00 per room and we would need two rooms. I also asked about booking a junior suite and was told that the Hilton has not released any to Disney. So my question based on what I have been reading is do you feel that my quote is correct??

The $416 is for two rooms since that is what you will need. If you only needed one room, the it would be $208. I had the same question when we called to book thru DCL... The price that DCL will quote is for however many rooms you need to sleep your party.

Have you thought of booking the room on your own and not going through Disney? We booked the Hilton ourselves but will be paying for Disney transportation to get from the hotel to the port. You may find it cheaper. Also, we have 3 in our room. When I called the Hilton, they said we could only have 2 in the room. I had them call the hotel directly and they said they could put in a cot, so they had to have a supervisor put in a "code" to override the system to allow 3 in a room.

BTW - Go Jackets!!!!!:yay:

Thank-you for your help! Our travel agent must have made a mistake telling us that price for PER room and not for both rooms. I will need to confirm that with her.

I did also contact Hilton and for a family of four in the suite I was quoted 453.00 Eur.

CBJHockeyNut said:
Thank-you for your help! Our travel agent must have made a mistake telling us that price for PER room and not for both rooms. I will need to confirm that with her.

I did also contact Hilton and for a family of four in the suite I was quoted 453.00 Eur.

I know what you mean.. Ours quoted the $416 and I had to ask per room??? She assured me that was the price for our party and covered two rooms.forcomparison purposes, this is a comparable rate to what DCL charged for a Renaissance in London pre-Baltic and for the Pacifics in Vancouver preAlaska.

Does anyone know if the Renaissance Barcelona hotel is a hotel that Disney will be using for the upcoming med cruises??

Thank you!

It looks like this link is to the airport hotel. Is this is Renaissance Barcelona that Disney is using? I thought it was the one in the city; I have 3 nights there reserved thru DCL there and don't want to stay at the airport:eek:

It looks like this link is to the airport hotel. Is this is Renaissance Barcelona that Disney is using? I thought it was the one in the city; I have 3 nights there reserved thru DCL there and don't want to stay at the airport:eek:

It use to be called the AC Diplomatic...we stayed last May 2 adult/1 child and liked it....not near airport.

For those who have stayed at the Hispanos7 Suiza - how was the location? Convenient to walking around the city, Las Ramblas, etc., or did you have to take public transportation?

This is a great thread - thanks to all the posters!

We stayed in an apartment in the Ramblas area (old part of Barcelona) at the bottom of the road (10 minute walk) is a fantastic Cava bar...

The benefit of the apartment was that is took up to 6 people and cost only $99 and it was in the most historic part of Barcelona.

If y'all don't stay at the Disney sponsored hotel, how are y'all planning to get to/from airport, port, hotel?

jillianjigs7 said:
In 2007 we did the Med. Cruise and we stayed at the Eurostars Grand Marina, for 2 nights prior to sailing. That hotel was AMAZING. I highly recommend that one.

Yep, we stayed here last year before our cruise. Great hotel. Plus you can see the ship from the rooftop swimming pool

9a02a3f7.jpg

:goodvibes

Anyone know anything about the Hilton that DCL is using I am wait listed for the Rennisance.

Looks like there are 2 Renaissance-the link you have seems to be near the airport-they have better rates and a "Cruise"package. Airport pickup, breakfast and cruise terminal drop off.

The other one is about twice the price for a package with breakfast.

Can anyone confirm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter