Baltimore MD

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by ge0rgette2, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

Sounds wonderful!!!!

I'm so torn about staying at the Hampton then packing up and moving to the Gaylord... hate packing! LMAO!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. arthuruscg

arthuruscg DIS Veteran

Well, seeing at Christmas is a Tuesday and a lot of people will take the Monday off, I expect DC traffic to get crazy starting on Friday Dec 21.

The drive down the eastern shore should be less stressful. The Hilton Garden Inn on Kent Island, is nice and is about $109 a night. From there, it should be about 1.5 hrs to National harbor. Island should be lit up nice for Christmas.

On the other side of the Baybridge is Annapolis, and the Double tree is $88 a night. From there, it should be about 1hr to National harbor. The "Old town" section should be lit up nice for Christmas.

4. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

Kent Island? Hmm!! :flower3:

Old Town of Annapolis?

5. wvjules

wvjules DIS Veteran

Convenience would win for me. I'd stay at the Gaylord and not have to move for that one day.

6. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

Right? Instead of driving myself nuts over it and worrying about packing and leaving, etc...

I'm sure the Gaylord is nice and I won't find a nicer accomodation right?

I just want this experience to be a nice one for us, being over Christmas.

Less hassle the better... We can wake up and not have to worry about driving and rushing to get to our next destination.

;)

7. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

Spoke to DH and he wants to go to 2 places to eat (by Guy Fieri's Diners Drive in's and Dives)

So we are planning on staying Baltimore overnight and doing both restaurants and then going to the Gaylord ;)

I'm off to price hotels now :)