Baltimore MD

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by ge0rgette2, Dec 9, 2012.

1. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

I need hotel help for Baltimore MD please.

We are driving to Oxon Hill MD for the holidays, from LI New York.

I can't get another night stay at the hotel we have a reservation at, well, I can, but it's triple the price..So since my husband wants to leave a day earlier, I'm on a mission to find a relatively inexpensive, but nice hotel for a night.

We will probably just hangout, get dinner, etc..

Was thinking Old Town Alexandria too.. but have no luck, finding anything under $150. in that area. I might as well pay the Gaylords price of $161.00 for the first night of our stay.

What do you think? Someone mentioned SpringHill Harbor side and also Renaissance Inn Harbor, across from the stadium.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. midas

midas Mouseketeer

All the hotels near the Inner Harbor are expensive. You can try near BWI Airport. All the popular chains and less expensive. You can still drive to the harbor for dinner, it's only about 10 minutes away.

4. MM27

MM27 DIS Veteran

I stayed at the Aloft hotel near the airport and it was very nice.

5. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

Thanks...

While i was waiting for a response here.. I looked at a map --- Baltimore is about an hours drive to Oxon Hill, National Harbor.

I'm thinking I really should stay in Alexandria, being a 15 min drive, might be less money... or stay at the National Harbor in another hotel chain.. I know there was a Hampton across the street.

Kills me that I have to pay for parking there too... 26.00 per day!:confused3:laughing::sick:

6. smga1

smga1 Earning My Ears

Bowie, College Park and Anapolis are not far from Oxon Hill. I would think Alexandria would be expensive.

7. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

What would you recommend in Annapolis?

I've been reading reviews and some are good and bad about the Gaylord.. I hope it lives up to what my daughter expects... Oh boy!

8. LoserMomma

LoserMomma Mouseketeer

There are a number of very nice hotels in Annapolis, depends on what you want to spend. The more affordable chains are in Parole Maryland just outside of Annapolis. If you take the back roads, you can be in Oxen Hill in about a half hour...plus, Annapolis is a lovely place to explore.

9. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

Honestly, it's just a stop over before heading to the Gaylord Hotel...

Nice dinner, sleep, rest and move in the morning again...

I'll try your recommendation.. i'm looking now :)

10. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

Okay, found these at Spring Hill Suites/Marriott..

Annapolis - $95.00 including breakfast plus tax
    Alexandria - $89.00 including breakfast plus tax

Alexandria location is Eisenhower Avenue... is that Old Town -- good place to be?

11. Christine

Christine <font color=red>Would love to be able to sit on th

The Eisenhower locationi s near a Metro. It's not a bad area by any means, it's just nothing touristy. Why don't you go with the Hampton Inn you found right near the National Harbor?

12. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

I'm going to check the prices again... ;)

I think that Hampton was like $100, which is cheaper than the Gaylord for sure. Then I guess we will move over for the other 2 nights. Gaylords price was only $99.00, which I heard is an excellent price.

13. monkeybug

monkeybug <font color=blue>I feel safer when I know where th

Are you driving down via the Eastern Shore? (when we lived in Annapolis that's the way we went to NYC) Is this a stopover for the way there or the night before heading home?
    I'm pretty sure it's a bit out of your way, but there is a Hyatt resort in Cambridge Maryland that often offers a winter rate of $99 a night. It is really nice! We always took the kids on snow days. ;)
    They have restaurants, activities (they had family iron chef last time we were there), "dive in" movies (with pool side room service), smores roasting, and a game room.
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...olf_Resort_Spa_Marina-Cambridge_Maryland.html

14. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

It's a stop over from Long Island, haven't mapped out anything just yet on how to get there ;)

We are going to Gaylord National Hotel on the 24th and 25th and need a nightly stay before those dates.. The Gaylord is $161.00 per night plus tax plus resort fees and I don't really want to spend that if I can avoid it. We are trying to avoid rush Christmas traffic on Christmas Eve.

So if we leave the Sunday before we might avoid some traffic ... i'm sure not all traffic.

I'll check it out, thanks!

15. monkeybug

You will hit traffic probably no matter what way you drive in and no matter what day. There is just always traffic in that area. The drive down the Eastern shore isn't bad though (I just remember lot's of tolls)
    The code we always used was SALE99. I have no idea if it's currently working though and that date is close to a holiday so it might not work.

16. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

.. will check it out.

17. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

$149. ;) plus resort fee of $25. so .... I'm better off staying at the Gaylord the extra night ; )

18. monkeybug

And have fun no matter where you end up staying! We went to the Gaylord Ice a few times (never stayed at the hotel) and it was fun! The National Tree is a fun thing to visit too.

19. monkeybug

Oh yikes! Yes, sounds like a different hotel is the way to go!

20. ge0rgette2

ge0rgette2 DIS Veteran

National tree --- Take a train into DC?

21. monkeybug

We always drove in, and never had an issue with parking (just on the side of the street), but that was probably just dumb luck. I think the general consensus is that the metro is the best way to go.
    It is really neat! They have the main big tree, and then a tree for every state circling it (at least the two times we went that's how it was), there is a stage and always people performing, there were big bonfires, and "Santa" is there in his little log cabin (with free pictures).
    If you go during the day you can also go to the White house gift shop and purchase the White house ornament for that year.