Bag for the Park

I love my Eddie Bauer stowaway packable sling bag. It is smaller than a backpack and very comfortable. I can bend down and pick up my kids and it stays put without it swinging forward like my old crossbody. It is frequently half off (today it is) and lots of fun colors.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/s...ackpacks&previousPage=SCAT&tab=gear&color=102

Thanks for the link .. I went out yesterday and purchased 3! One for me and one for each of my daughters. When I am in the parks, I like to bring as little as possible. Usually, I bring my Baggallini triple zip bagg or another crossbody bag. I'm going to try this bag when we are in DL this July, will be handy to carry some water bottles and snacks. We can also use this bag for day hikes or when we are camping - not a fan of carrying a purse when we are doing outdoors stuff. :-)

I wouldn't carry a bag at all if I could get away with it, but if I have to carry a bag, I love the Ameribag (Healthy Back Bag). I don't get weary of carrying it because it can be carried in different positions - front, back, side, etc. I have carried the small size as my park bag for years, and I recently purchased the even smaller baglett version for my next trip.

I love my Eddie Bauer stowaway packable sling bag. It is smaller than a backpack and very comfortable. I can bend down and pick up my kids and it stays put without it swinging forward like my old crossbody. It is frequently half off (today it is) and lots of fun colors.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/s...ackpacks&previousPage=SCAT&tab=gear&color=102

Just ordered today! We've been looking for a smaller, than a Jansport, bag for our upcoming trip. Can't beat the $15(at least today) price.

Haha, I ordered the Eddie Bauer bag, too! I just knew I needed to buy something for our upcoming trip! Thanks for the link! There were lots of fun bright colors, and I'll probably regret my choice of the silver/grey!

A cinch backpack I bought during our 2013 trip because the one I brought from home broke. It's an actual Disneyland one and has served me well for 5 trips now. I also have a Vera Bradley Disney Hipster bag that I sometimes use: http://amzn.to/1XZ9Hen <--- this one is actually a LOT cheaper than the one I bought at DLR 2 years ago.

I would love to take my Disney Dooney and Bourke crossbody into the park, because it's just so Disney and I love it so much. But, I'm too afraid it'll get destroyed. I really like this one bag that I found, it's waterproof, crossbody, and big enough to hold a light blanket, water bottle, snacks, wallet, etc. in it. I just have to be sure not to pack it too heavy, because it can get to be really uncomfortable when it gets heavy. I'll have to go look at the name of it.

I would love to take my Disney Dooney and Bourke crossbody into the park, because it's just so Disney and I love it so much. But, I'm too afraid it'll get destroyed. I really like this one bag that I found, it's waterproof, crossbody, and big enough to hold a light blanket, water bottle, snacks, wallet, etc. in it. I just have to be sure not to pack it too heavy, because it can get to be really uncomfortable when it gets heavy. I'll have to go look at the name of it.

Do it! BFF and I carry ours and we haven't destroyed them yet! We do tuck a gallon baggie into them and slip the purse into the baggie for water rides.

Personally, I use a fanny pack/bum bag. It's obviously not the most fashionable but it's best for me. It fits everything I need - camera, money, kleenex, meds, phone, etc. The weight of wearing it around my waist is basically nonexistent. I used to wear a purse over one shoulder or a backpack but both ended up being so uncomfortable by mid-day. I also like that I can leave the fanny pack on while I'm on rides. No fussing with taking it off to stow it or put it between my feet. I can still wear all ride restraints without removing the pack.

I purchased a fabric water bottle holder/strap on Etsy so I use that to carry water if we don't have a stroller to put it in.

I'm newly addicted to Kipling bags http://www.kipling-usa.com/handbags-crossbody/#uuid=&display=69&sz=99
I used one this past March in WDW and it was perfect.

Some are big enough for a water bottle, but I don't like carrying one around all day, so I don't worry about that. They have lots of compartments for organizing, are water resistant, and weigh next to nothing empty.
I also have a larger cross body and a backpack that I use for work. Those both comfortably hold a water bottle, my Kindle, my lunch and everything else.

They aren't the cheapest bags, but keep an eye out at Ross, Marshall's, etc I just found a great carry-on bag at Ross. Full price was $189 and I got it for $60.

Recently bought an adorable Disney LeSportsac Classic Hobo (vacation paradise print) to use as my 'travel bag' for our RV trip. It's a bit big for me as a park bag since I like to really travel light. I've had a 'Small World' LeSportsac Everyday Bag for a few years and it's wearing like iron.

So if you want a light weight yet tough bag that's a Disney print, check it out. They have everything from a small cross body to a backpack;

https://www.lesportsac.com/collaborations/disney-lesportsac-featuring-mickey-and-minnie

Does the strap expand for the extra busty by chance?

I was meaning to come back and comment, but couldn't find a way to phrase that the Eddie Bauer bag may not be the best for us well endowed ladies... I actually never used mine in the parks because it 'hugged' one side of my chest and I thought there was too much attention drawn to it... and that was with the strap fully extended. Oh well! I probably should have suspected that style not looking great...!

I was meaning to come back and comment, but couldn't find a way to phrase that the Eddie Bauer bag may not be the best for us well endowed ladies... I actually never used mine in the parks because it 'hugged' one side of my chest and I thought there was too much attention drawn to it... and that was with the strap fully extended. Oh well! I probably should have suspected that style not looking great...!

I kinda wondered. The hubs gets to wear it instead. haha!

I kinda like the Baggalini small messenger bag. Carried it a few years ago (then lent it to a friend and didn't get it back); it's a good size, not too big, but plenty of room for water, snacks, phone, even a thin nylon poncho for wet rides. http://www.shoebuy.com/baggallini-mes160-messenger-bagg/121602/1530294

This is the bag I used on our last trip. Someone from DIS recommended it and I'm glad they did. Perfect size and I agree about the nylon material. I wore it in front sometimes and other times in back and it was comfortable either way.

If I'm carrying a bag, I carry my Kavu Keeper, which is perfect for necessities - wallet, lip balm, phone, etc. My husband has been known to carry his Patagonia backpack, especially when at WDW and we know we need to carry the rain gear. Our last trip to WDW this past December, we went bag less and IT WAS GLORIOUS.

i love this Tranquility bag from REI so much I have it in 2 colors. It can carry 2 water bottles, has an outside zipper pocket, an inside slip pocket and an outside zipped organizer pocket. The strap is extendable, has a shoulder pad on it and can be worn as a crossbody or a shoulder bag. It also fits in most of the bag pouches on the rides, too.

https://www.rei.com/product/896255/rei-tranquility-shoulder-bag-womens
Ooooh, I like that one.

I was going to add, after the above comments, that the baggalini I recommended had that one thing that didn't suit me: I'm also quite busty, and cross body bags just don't flatter. I mean, I can wear them, but it's not pretty. :rotfl:

Ooooh, I like that one.

I was going to add, after the above comments, that the baggalini I recommended had that one thing that didn't suit me: I'm also quite busty, and cross body bags just don't flatter. I mean, I can wear them, but it's not pretty. :rotfl:

Look at the Kipling bags too. I'm not a small girl, and I can carry a Kipling without it looking like a bondage experiment gone wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter