Bag for the Park

SCRAPBOOKQUEEN

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

What bag do you take to the parks? I thought I saw on this site, can't remember but it was a small backpack, approximately 9 inches???? I don't need to take a lot, but want room for camera, phone and perhaps a water bottle. Thanks!!

I like to carry a cross body bag. A backpack gets too hot on my back! I have a Disney Vera Bradley Hipster that I love to take to the parks!

You might be thinking of the mini backpack Jansport makes (I don't remember the name). I think there was a discussion about that bag on here a while back.

I have a baggalini cross body bag. It's great for the parks. It's pretty small but I can fit in everything I need, including ponchos.

I always carry a LeSportsac Kasey bag. Absolutely wonderful as I don't even have to take it off of me to ride rides (I wear it crossbody). This is not my pattern, but this is the style. A small bag that actually holds quite a lot (each zipper is a compartment down to the bottom of the bag).

7627-d329-2.jpg

I carry a Disney Dooney Rainbow letter carrier. It's 9 x 8.5 x 2 so not really big enough for your needs, but I like to travel very light in the Parks.

I have a Baggalini small messenger that I use on our RV trips and I love it. Just the right size to throw everything in for those unexpected stops and mini-hikes. It's comfortable to wear and is a good size. The only drawback to it is that it's a sling backpack and isn't easy to just get into and grab something like a cross body. You either have to twist it around (awkward) or take it all the way off.

I also have a Baggalini criss cross I've used in Disney. You can get quite a bit in it and you could probably tuck a water bottle between the two zippered sections.

right now i'm using this baggallini cross body bag: http://www.baggallini.com/crossbody/criss-cross-bagg/MCC570-BG.html?dwvar_MCC570-BG_color=10
it has plenty of pockets (almost too many; i sometimes forget where i put my stuff, haha). i can fit snacks, phone, camera, money, makeup...a lot of stuff. i found mine at marshall's for about $25, much cheaper than their website. i bought it around christmas time and they had a ton of baggalini purses/totes in all different sizes.

We do a packable backpack from Eddie Bauer. It collapses small for flying purposes to get there but they we take in an SLR camera a little bag with essentials (Alleve, money, credit cards, etc.) and 2 bottles of water or Gatorade. All the rides have somewhere to put the bag. I would recommend a ziploc baggie or something to put things in when you go on splash mountain....I sat in the front and got soaked!

I tried bags... I cannot do a backpack, regular ones are too hot, cinch sacks dig in to my shoulders. So I wear a large purse - I carry a water bottle, my wallet, an autograph book and an entire huge pack of sharpies in all different colours. My current one is from American Eagle and has two small pockets on the front, my phone and wallet go in one and the other gets filled with the sharpies, autograph book and water bottle go inside and I wear it as a cross body and either leave it on or step through the strap on rides. It probably wouldn't work for everyone but it works for me.

I have used a Patagonia Atom sling for my last few park trips. Love it. Fits a decent amount, you can use the straps on the outside to hold a jacket if you are there at a time of year that it gets chilly, lightweight. Easy to sling it around and keep it on for the majority of rides. I hardly even know I'm wearing it. Mine are different color combinations, since they are from previous years, but same design as below. It will fit a bottle of water or Coke, but instead, I use a Chums carabiner clip bottle holder and just clip it to the main strap. Makes it much easier to get to my drink with one hand without having to dig through the bag.

48260_HWLT.fpx
36027793.jpg

I use a Disney Vera Bradley hipster, very lightweight and comfy wearing it cross-body.

Love my Disney Vera Bradley backpack! Water bottle in one outside pocket, sunscreen in the other. Lots of compartments and room.

I've tried a bunch of bags over the years, but now I carry a cinch bag in the parks. This one...
img-thing

It's nice because it's big enough to carry all of my stuff, has a zipper section, and if I get tired of having it on my bag, I put it on my shoulder.

Hubbie does backpack (either his beloved Oakley ones or a Disney one) I will take a Dooney crossbody

+1 on the LeSportSac Kasey bag. I used a Disney one for the last D23 Expo and was pleasantly surprised at how much the bag could fit.

I use a Vera Bradley backpack in a pouch, it's a really thin backpack that is perfect for theme parks... Its a decent size and can fit water bottles, snacks, souvenirs, etc... It's thin enough that it's not bulky or uncomfortable but strong enough for heavy use. It's padded on the shoulders and the fabric used is water resistant (not completely water proof though) I took it on splash mountain several times with no problem.

http://www.verabradley.com/product/backpack-in-a-pouch/pixie-confetti/1003836_201316.uts

I don't think I will carry a bag this visit, I usually keep my phone in my pocket if I take a camera i just have a small on that will also fit in my pocket, we stop and get cups of water at places, my kids will probably carry their star wars bags from subway for the autograph book and pen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter