Bad Experience with The Timeshare Store today

I think it is ashame that this entire episode has been played out in public. What is the point is singling out people by name for what appears to be a minor miscue?

This is a private transaction. The original poster should have brought her issue to the principal of TSS. If not satisfied, it would have been appropriate to discuss it on the boards without dragging names into it.

While TSS could have handled it better, did it have to get to the point where the employee felt compelled to post a public apology for the world to see?

It is too easy to destroy a business's reputation with a stroke of the keyboard.

Perhaps in 2013, all of us could works towards peace towards one another.

I think it is ashame that this entire episode has been played out in public. What is the point is singling out people by name for what appears to be a minor miscue?

This is a private transaction. The original poster should have brought her issue to the principal of TSS. If not satisfied, it would have been appropriate to discuss it on the boards without dragging names into it.

While TSS could have handled it better, did it have to get to the point where the employee felt compelled to post a public apology for the world to see?

It is too easy to destroy a business's reputation with a stroke of the keyboard.

I second that.

i think it is ashame that this entire episode has been played out in public. What is the point is singling out people by name for what appears to be a minor miscue?

This is a private transaction. The original poster should have brought her issue to the principal of tss. If not satisfied, it would have been appropriate to discuss it on the boards without dragging names into it.

While tss could have handled it better, did it have to get to the point where the employee felt compelled to post a public apology for the world to see?

agreed

I agree however if we eliminate all the postings on this forum that have to do with someone's opinion concerning a private transaction we would eliminate a huge portion of the DISboards.

Be it TSS or a Disney resort or restuarant, there is no difference except that Jason was able to state his side to the situation, while Disney CMs are not.

I agree however if we eliminate all the postings on this forum that have to do with someone's opinion concerning a private transaction we would eliminate a huge portion of the DISboards.

Be it TSS or a Disney resort or restuarant, there is no difference except that Jason was able to state his side to the situation, while Disney CMs are not.

I don't think posting that kind of experience here was a problem at all, as long as it is honest (otherwise it is slander, which is of course outrageous and unacceptable). Frankly, word of mouth is one of the few incentives that small businesses have to provide consistent quality service, rather than take your money and screw you. Especially when it is not a frequent, repeat-purchase type of business, such as the TSS. People can determine for themselves what to make of the description, and in fact, quite a few thought it wasn't really a big deal. People have always told their friends about a bad experience, and perhaps warn them about a particular business, and the concept of online reviews, including scathing ones, is no longer novel.

I disagree. Many come here for information on purchasing DVC. They are not just looking for positive information with filetered responses. If someone feels service they receive is good, we read about it (Sharon and Rachel are mentioned on numerous occasions). If someone has bad service, why should they not share in ordered to allow others to judge whether they think that type of service would make a difference to them? The OP gave enough details for someone to make an informed judgment. If the service provider felt the need to publicly apologize, there must have been an issue that he felt required it. We do not have to be PC and only display positive experiences.

I think any negative transactions should be shared. By the OP's sharing their experience, it will hopefully increase the chance that the company will work harder to provide better service and that future customers go in with their eyes wide open while working with that specific employee.

A business's reputation is only as good as any transaction they enter into. If they hire employees that put their reputation at risk, well, they are making a choice to be less reliable. Isn't that one of the reasons why Disney is so great? Their customer service and products, on average, tends, at least in the past, to be better than average.

I had such a poor experience at Walmart that I will never shop there again. I had purchased 8 items under 30 dollars. It was a busy time and the receipt was lost. I was happy to receive a store credit for the items. However, Walmart would only return 3 of the 8 items for store credit. To me, this policy does not make any sense. You can return one 400 dollar tv for store credit but not 8 items under 30 dollars. I asked for a store manager and they never came. The cashier I was working with told me that they didn't think it was worth coming to talk to me. I wrote the corporate office, again, no response. I am someone who probably spends 1000 dollars a month between Costco and Target. I was just beginning to spend more at Walmart. Lesson learned: I am not their target audience and they certainly don't want my money.

I am not shy about sharing that experience because I would hope that no one would ever experience such poor customer service. I think that is the OP's purpose in retelling the transaction. And I hope no one ever shies away from sharing. It is the only way to keep companies really on top of their employees and the service they provide.

I couldn't disagree more. Issues and good experiences should be shared so that people can look at all aspects and compare companies. Without the real info, one has little chance to figure out who is the best for them to go with. Secretive is almost always VERY bad for the customer. I'd refer people to ebay where if you know a seller is a problem you may avoid them and the reverse is true as well.

Dean said:
I couldn't disagree more. Issues and good experiences should be shared so that people can look at all aspects and compare companies. Without the real info, one has little chance to figure out who is the best for them to go with. Secretive is almost always VERY bad for the customer. I'd refer people to ebay where if you know a seller is a problem you may avoid them and the reverse is true as well.

Well said Dean.

Well said Dean.
Thanks. I would add that there's a right way and wrong way for such posts and people should have a filter for what and how they post, esp in this area. Personally I think the same should apply to the guide names. However, I fully realize there are unreasonable people with an ax to grind and there are people who seed such sites with positive posts for non informational reasons as well. Still, I think sorting through the mess is worth it to have access to the info.

The original poster should have dealt with TSS directly to communicate her concerns.

If those concerns were not resolved, then there is a legitimate gripe to post about. What if the person who was complained about did not know of or have access to these boards and could not reply?

In this contentious day and age, too many people resort to publicly rebuke someone instead of working it out.

Sorry, but publicly complimenting someone is totally different than complaining.

This isn't about political correctness it's about our use of the Internet and at what point it's appropriate to use a public forum to impact a business or publicly humiliate someone. The employee might have been right or might have been totally wrong. But it's between the customer and the business. The owner should have had a chance to resolve prior to involving the hundred of anonymous people who read these boards.

The original poster should have dealt with TSS directly to communicate her concerns.

If those concerns were not resolved, then there is a legitimate gripe to post about. What if the person who was complained about did not know of or have access to these boards and could not reply?

In this contentious day and age, too many people resort to publicly rebuke someone instead of working it out.

Sorry, but publicly complimenting someone is totally different than complaining.

This isn't about political correctness it's about our use of the Internet and at what point it's appropriate to use a public forum to impact a business or publicly humiliate someone. The employee might have been right or might have been totally wrong. But it's between the customer and the business. The owner should have had a chance to resolve prior to involving the hundred of anonymous people who read these boards.
To me those are separate issues. They could have dealt with them directly but either way, posting the info is appropriate so others can gather information about the company. By your reasoning, a dislike on facebook or negative BBB listing would also be inappropriate.

We have purchased two contracts direct (our guide is wonderful....direct prices aren't!) and two through resale.

We purchased one from the Timeshare Store, and the second from **********.

Our replies from **** were very prompt, even after hours. Everything we SO smooth. DVC took every single day they possibly could for ROFR, and even through that... she was GREAT! Our sale went through on the LAST day of the ROFR period, we thought for a while that DVC wasn't going to respond at all!

We had an OK experience with The Timeshare Store...BUT there were a few surprises along the way that we felt could have been avoided with just a few steps of due diligence before listing the contract. Wasn't a BAD....experience - just wasn't as smooth as our 2nd resale purchase.

If a company doesn't provide the service you expect them to provide... then it is likely that they won't provide consistent service.

We used Home Depot to remodel our kitchen a few years ago, and they had us out of our kitchen...NO LIE... for nearly a year. We will NEVER step foot into another Home Depot store. SO many employees lied to us, gave us intentionally misleading information, stretched the truth to avoid legal action, and made so many simple errors that I don't trust them to sell me a nut, a bolt, or an extension cord!

I think it is vitally important that people LET OTHERS KNOW about negative experiences. Businesses live and die by the level of service to provide - and this day and age where the internet is where people go for information of all types, it is even more important for people to be honest about their experiences with businesses.

I made an offer through Timeshare Resales USA - you can recognize their listings on various sites by their abbreviation TRUSA. DO NOT USE THEM! The lady I worked with was HORRIBLE!

She never said his name he came forward. I do know how things can get turned around in a conversation though. Nice he steeped forward. Turn a neg to a positive. All u can do. And try to build credibility with customer again. When I buy I will look at them all. But if. Get treated badly would have to be a heck of a deal. Just my 2 cents. I'm not in to buying cheapest. But if I can save on same off the self item. I will do cheaper on it isn't a service item u r buying for most part. Ie Home Depot post. Like milk from any store u going to pay 6 at gas station or 3 at Walmart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter