Back to school shopping ?

That I don't know. But is has been on tv for the last few days. We are hitting the sale today

Would you mind sharing which store? It sounds like there are other posters in your area who would like to take advantage of the sale, since none of them have been able to locate one that is having such good deals.

I kind of miss back to school shopping. The excitement of new pencil cases, new lunchboxes..now I take advantage of the sales to indulge my Sharpie collection and my notebook collection LOL

Our typical school supply lists are something like this- this was from 3rd or 4th grade- I would have certainly ordered from school for 22.00!

PLEASE LABEL ALL SUPPLIES WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME

· (6) Wide Rule Composition Notebooks

· (36) #2 Pencils SHARPENED (More will be needed throughout the year!)

· (1) Small Pencil Sharpener with receptacle for shavings

· (2) Boxes of 24 Crayons

· (1) Box of 8 or 10 Markers

· (1) Box of Pre-Sharpened Colored Pencils

· (3) Packs of Post its(any size/color)

· (10) Glue Sticks

· (2) Small Elmer's School Glue (Bottle)

· (5) Sturdy Pocket Folders(Various Colors)

· (1) Smock (labeled with name)

· (1) Pair of Scissors

· (2) Large Boxes of Tissues (More will be needed throughout the year!)

· (4) Packs of 3x5 Index Cards

· (1) Container of Antibacterial Surface Wipes

· (3) Highlighters

· (1) Plastic Shoebox with lid to hold supplies

· (8) EXPO Thin Dry Erase Markers (Bold colored, NON-Scented)

· (2) 1 inch 3 ring binders

· (1) pack of 100 sheet protectors

Fun?? LOL- not a word I would use to describe school supply shopping- hated doing that!!

That was similar to the amount we needed when DS was in elementary school. Plus some of things like those "flags" for papers...2 packs green. Okay, now green is sold out and to a different store. Ugh, hated it. The first couple of years, not knowing, I would try and be exact to what was needed. Then I said forget it and got close enough on items. One year was a box of NO odor dry erase markers. Couldn't find them so got low odor. never really mattered but why do teachers need to be so specific like that to make parents go nuts!!!! Kindergarten, had to buy "stop light" paper as that was they correct spacing for writing and what they used. Only could be found at teachers supply stores. Really????

High school was easier....not too many real specifics except for the calculator.

Glad we are all done with all of this. What a headache. It has since changed but back when DS was in elementary school, teachers were not known until 2 days before Labor Day weekend. All teachers had their own list...yes, the basics were usually the same but each teacher formulated their own lists. It was insane by that point burying supplies.

That was similar to the amount we needed when DS was in elementary school. Plus some of things like those "flags" for papers...2 packs green. Okay, now green is sold out and to a different store. Ugh, hated it. The first couple of years, not knowing, I would try and be exact to what was needed. Then I said forget it and got close enough on items. One year was a box of NO odor dry erase markers. Couldn't find them so got low odor. never really mattered but why do teachers need to be so specific like that to make parents go nuts!!!! Kindergarten, had to buy "stop light" paper as that was they correct spacing for writing and what they used. Only could be found at teachers supply stores. Really????

High school was easier....not too many real specifics except for the calculator.

Glad we are all done with all of this. What a headache. It has since changed but back when DS was in elementary school, teachers were not known until 2 days before Labor Day weekend. All teachers had their own list...yes, the basics were usually the same but each teacher formulated their own lists. It was insane by that point burying supplies.

I think the worst was 6th grade- it was an orange binder and orange folder, green binder and green folder, yellow binder and yellow folder, Blue binder and blue folder and red binder and red folder. I got so fed up trying to find all those colors I bought all white ones and she wrote "Blue" "red" etc on each one!!

I think the worst was 6th grade- it was an orange binder and orange folder, green binder and green folder, yellow binder and yellow folder, Blue binder and blue folder and red binder and red folder. I got so fed up trying to find all those colors I bought all white ones and she wrote "Blue" "red" etc on each one!!

HAH! I like your style.

I'm convinced that teachers who put out lists like that don't have kids old enough to shop for school supplies themselves yet.

I love it!! That is how you deal with all the ridiculous supply requirements.

I'm so glad DD is done with all the overly specific supply lists. In college, nobody cares which pens, pencils, or notebooks you use.

That I don't know. But is has been on tv for the last few days. We are hitting the sale today
Ok, now I am confused.

You don't know the store but you are headed there today? I would love to know the store too because then I can pull the circular and bring it to my local Staples to price match. I am buying supplies for Crayons to Calculators. If I can buy things for a penny, I can fill more backpacks.

Ok, now I am confused.

You don't know the store but you are headed there today? I would love to know the store too because then I can pull the circular and bring it to my local Staples to price match. I am buying supplies for Crayons to Calculators. If I can buy things for a penny, I can fill more backpacks.[/QUOTEIt w

It was office depot I was just there with the kids

Here in the nyc tri-state area office max/office Depot (same corporation) are running back to school tv ads with $20 backpacks, $1 notebooks and a bunch of other supplies. Staples hasn't started running ads yet, that I've seen.

I looked at the Staples in the town you say you live in, but the store said it had no events this weekend. Would you please share the store you went to? I would really like to get the same deals. And did it have limits on what you can buy?

I looked there too. I saw the exact same sales listed there that I saw in the store near me (Long Island, NY). I just don't think Staples is having a 1 cent sale this weekend. And I belong to Staples Rewards program, and I get advanced notice of sales and I didn't get anything about it either.

I looked there too. I saw the exact same sales listed there that I saw in the store near me (Long Island, NY). I just don't think Staples is having a 1 cent sale this weekend. And I belong to Staples Rewards program, and I get advanced notice of sales and I didn't get anything about it either.
Thanks!

I looked at the Staples in the town you say you live in, but the store said it had no events this weekend. Would you please share the store you went to? I would really like to get the same deals. And did it have limits on what you can buy?
It's a limit of three per item. I took the office max/depot add to staples since the other stores started their sales already

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter