• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back to pre preg weight!9 days of DxDP w/3 kids! UPDATED 4/25!

God bless you and your BEAUTIFUL cupcake pics!!! :worship: I cannot WAIT to try them in July and August!!!! That red velvet one is calling my name!!! :love:

great reviews and I AM SOOOOOOO READY to go too..
Thanks for taking the photos and also taking the time to do this.
I will be back to read some more and sigh over the photos.

214-1.jpg

We arrived about 15 minutes early for our ADR. I requested a booth seat and was told that would be no problem. The ladies at the front were SO nice ;) Within 5 minutes we were seated at what was an ideal location for me, a corner booth!

I really love this restaurant. The look of it, how classic it seems to be...the dimness of it...it almost is a bit serene compared to other places to eat at. I can't lie, I know BD gets slammed sometimes so I didn't have my hopes up to high when it came to expecting a great meal. Once again, I'm glad I was wrong with my pessimism ;)

Our waiter was Keith and he was VERY professional but friendly and interactive with the kids which I appreciated. He took our order since we had already known what we were going to get and then promptly brought us our drinks and warm, fresh rolls and butter. These were good and fresh. My iced tea was nice as well. The girls wanted a glow drink so I went ahead and let them. It was only an extra $4.75 and they just thought they were allll that with their glow cubes lol. Of course PJ was eyeballing the girls goods so Keith came by again and dropped off an extra for him which hello, scored BIG points to this mamma! I loved Keith at this point, let me tell ya lol. Anyway...the food/drinks

158-2.jpg

157-2.jpg

156-2.jpg

159-2.jpg

161-2.jpg

163-2.jpg

The pic of the salad tosser spoons I just had to take...the first thought was that they totally looked like forceps used in the L and D unit lol, they were HUGE! My second thought was that I'm glad I had c-sections....Sorry, random but funny nonetheless!
164-2.jpg

Before I knew it this guy came by with my cobb salad and asked if I'd like for him to toss it and I said sure. It was neat to watch. Now this salad sure was unique! I really enjoyed it. It was not mushy at all but it was very finely chopped so you aren't going to get that big crisp lettuce that most ppl are used to when ordering salads. It has many different textures between the lettuce, cheese, bacon, etc...It was for sure a nice way to start my meal and I wouldn't hesitate ordering it again as I enjoyed it and my DD did as well.

168-2.jpg

The kids went with the veggie appetizer and the chicken soup. Both said they were good!
165-2.jpg

166-2.jpg

And of course DH's crab cake. He really raved about this one guys. I thought it was kinda dark and it did NOT compare to the one I had at Narcoossees IMO but yes, it was good and had a LOT of crab meat as well. I just don't care for how heavy this one felt to me. DH also mentions the sauce and slaw underneath. He said it was "very good". He would order this again .
167-3.jpg

We were really having a nice meal...the kids were all content and before we knew it out came our Entrees! I went with the Filet and DH had the Sterling Silver pork chop. I dug right into mine, honestly not expecting too much and WOW! It was soooo yummy! It melted in my mouth, didn't need a knife and was full of flavor! Oh it was so good :) The potatoes were perfect as well, creamy but not filled with a bunch of junk or other flavors...I don't remember much about the sauce because I was totally in heaven with that filet that day lol. It really was cooked to perfection and it was the second best filet I had during my visit in the World this time. Just perfect!

171-2.jpg

DH ordered the chop as I mentioned and he is still raving about it to this day. The apricot they put on top combined with the cheese and flavor of the chop all came together perfectly with this dish. I'm not a fan of pork but the dish was very good. He (not surprisingly) ate every last bite and enjoyed it.

173-2.jpg

Vi ordered the kids grilled cheese and it was a lovely sandwich for her. She had dug in before I could take a picture but it is a full sandwich that is served with green apple slices. She went to town on this one and said it was YUMMY!
170-2.jpg

Lily opted for the kids grilled chicken with potato wedges and veggies. I tasted the chicken and it had a nice grilled flavor, very fresh and a nice healthy dish for a child at any age. I think she had BBQ with her chicken and she ate a good portion of her meal.

172-2.jpg

PJ had some of mamas and really enjoyed the filet as well ;)

I really wanted to keep eating my entree but I knew dessert was coming soon so I had to stop. For dessert I ordered the banana white chocolate toffee tower. It was really presented nice.
207-1.jpg

To be honest I really don't remember much about it though. I remember it being good and having a nice combination of flavors and textures but aghh...can't recall anything mind blowingly special about it :( It was good though and wouldn't disappoint but can't come close to some of the other desserts I ate while on vacation there.

DH had the granny smith apple cheesecake...
209-1.jpg

He loves granny smith apples and cheesecake so this was right up his alley. I tasted it and preferred mine but he enjoyed his. He really liked the sauce they put over the cheesecake and ate every last bite.

The kids both got the hidden treasures dessert and thought it was cool. All I remember Vi eating was the worm and cookie lol but it was a cute kids dessert and mine had fun with it ;)

206-1.jpg

208-1.jpg

Overall our meal at Brown Derby was wonderful...one of the best of our trip. We would for sure go there again, the cobb salad was HUGE and totally splittable and the filet was just fantastic. The servers and waitstaff were all friendly and helpful. On our way out I had forgotten PJs bottle and I was just getting ready to send DH back in for it when Keith came running out to give it back to us. He was awesome! I'd have to rate this a 1 because everything was just perfect from start to finish. I can't believe BD gets so many negative reviews because we sure had a great time there and will most definitely be going back !

Before Fantasmic started I knew I should probably get some goodies for us to snack on. I had been dying for the triple chocolate brownie from the Villains store and I ended up getting Lily the carrot cake cookie and Vi a Nemo cookie.

As usual the brownie was chocolatey, fresh and full of chewy, chunky goodness!
brownie.jpg

The carrot cake thing was really odd. It stuck to the sides of the paper and was really messy. I would not get this again. For us there was just nothing special about it, though Lily ate most of it.

carrotcake.jpg

Vis nemo cookie was ate at a later date and time and was a typically good frosted sugar cookie.
nemo.jpg

Fantasmic was wonderful, as usual. We really fought the masses of people when trying to get out of DHS that night. It was awful.

We were all kind of hungry after swimming a bit in the pool. We decided to split a couple of chicken tender meals from POP and since they were getting ready to close EVERYTHING was hot and fresh! I'm not a chicken nugget kinda girl but these were really good! The breading had a nice flavor and they didn't taste greasy at all. The fries were excellent as well. Nice and salty...wish I had some right now actually. Dang my love for carbs!

just catching up....wonderful updates. Our son loves H&V (food, character interaction and song/dance). We were in DxDDp and actually we had breakfast at H&V (and our son loved is so much he asked if we can go back for lunch we did and the food was not good and the character interaction was not as great as breakfast). We had Brown Derby for dinner and I loved the Cobb Salad.

Ooh great review of HBD
We are going to be eating there in October and I haven't seen too many great reviews but I wanted to try it anyway
Your review has made me glad I have an ADR!
DH would love the steak :cloud9:

Wow-- that steak looks fantastic! I'm glad you all enjoyed your meals!

Ohhh it was totally fantastic!! :cloud9:

just catching up....wonderful updates. Our son loves H&V (food, character interaction and song/dance). We were in DxDDp and actually we had breakfast at H&V (and our son loved is so much he asked if we can go back for lunch we did and the food was not good and the character interaction was not as great as breakfast). We had Brown Derby for dinner and I loved the Cobb Salad.

Yea, I have heard that about the BF being best @ H&V. I'll for sure go back again but next time I think we are going to try cape may as I hear that is supposed to be good as well ;)

Ooh great review of HBD
We are going to be eating there in October and I haven't seen too many great reviews but I wanted to try it anyway
Your review has made me glad I have an ADR!
DH would love the steak :cloud9:

I'm telling you it was a perfect meal, honestly! And the service was totally that of what a "signature" should be. Can't wait to go back!

I've totally been slacking on my reviews! I apologize for this...been totally busy with planning my Son's big #1 and preparing for Easter which is the day after it:scared1:

I also spent the past 3 days baking and frosting cakes with a friend for her 2 little ones bdays as well which was umm...interesting to say the least with a almost 4 year old, almost 3 year old and two (almost) 12 month olds!

I promise I will get at least 4 more reviews up within the close of the weekend! Next up is CRT and Ohanas! I will leave you stating that Ohanas was BETTER than flipping ever!!!! (excuse my French hehe)

I'm joining in :)

And I think you may have just convinced me to try and fit in Narcoossee's on our next trip!! it looks amazing! :lovestruc

Great reviews so far...can't wait to see what you say about 'Ohana. My daughter wants to eat there so badly, we haven't been in a long time (not since they switched from potatoes to noodles) I have been reading some bad reviews lately and I am nervous about eating there. Also, we have a group of 12 so getting a reservation at a decent time is nearly impossible. Right now we have a reservation for 6 at 9:30 and 6 at 9:55. Really late.

Ohhh keep the 9:30! We had a 9:05 and were seated next to a Window table and it was PERFECT for viewing wishes ;) The food was (as I said) BETTER than ever! I'm getting ready to post the reviews now. I can't wait to return in Oct ;)

Loving your reviews so far. :thumbsup2 I love the Brown Derby review. I never thought of going there, but seeing your review and pics I'm definitely reconsidering!

Brown Derby looked yummy. I have never eaten there. I dont spend too much time at HS. But I am excited to ride Star Tours when I go in October and I love Toy story mania! So, i'll make a reservation for Brown Derby when we go.

I can't wait to read your 'Ohana review. I thought it was a great experience. We decided that it is a must do for every trip to WDW.

Finally uploaded my pics and am ready to ROLL here! When in October are you going? I am going with DS and my Sister 10/23-10/27 ;)

We got an early start and made rope drop on 3/30 @ MK. It was really cute how they open up the park in the morning there and for some reason I can't recall ever making rope drop in the past:confused3

Anyhow, it really is a GREAT time to hit all of the more popular rides before the bigger crowds come in. I took PJ and Vi that day and did Dumbo, Small World, Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan, the carosel and Mickeys all within a hours time. It was awesome! BUT....the kids were complaning that they were getting hungry so we stopped and got some popcorn. I asked the guy if we could get some fresh popped and he was nice and said it would take about 5 minutes which was fine with me. Went over to a bench by the riverboat and watched a few high school bands march by and was then offered a bag full of bottled waters from a very nice lady who explained that they were flying back later on that evening and she'd hate to throw them away! How nice and we sure used those that day :goodvibes

Before we knew it our popcorn was up!

I bought the bucket with $$ and the container my DD is holding is considered a SC ;)

Can't you just smell it??? hehe

278.jpg

277.jpg

I had to get something for the baby and DH who was also whiney so I stopped at Pecos Bill and got 3 snack credits. A fry, a chili and a yogurt. Of course I made a stop at the toppings bar and got some tomatoes and pickles for myself which were yummy that day to me(NO I'm not preggers!). It tied us over until our lunch @ CRT at 2. I had to feed them, I did not want to deal with MONSTERS for our BBB apt @ Noon ;)

281.jpg

282-1.jpg

283-1.jpg

I like this place because it has TONS of seating and the fact that you can order by machine...oh and the toppings bar too!

We had QUITE the experience at BBB! I have to tell ya, if you have girls you HAVE to do this! It was well worth EVERY penny we spent and will be taking them back in Feb 2012 ;) I wish us old ppl. could do it too lol.

Anyhow, after their photo session (and me strolling back the 8 princess dolls Vi decided to stick in the stroller with her!) we checked into CRT. The young lady at the podium was quite a snot IMHO. But whatever, I'm known for this too from time to time:scared1: it was like 8 to 2 and our ADR was 2:05 and she informed me that I could NOT check in until 10 minutes prior to our ADR time. Okaaaay...but w/e right. So we waited our extra 3 minutes and then proceeded to check in. We were immediately handed our ticket and then taken inside the castle.

My girls were excited but really, not any more than they were to be inside Akershus. With all of the complaints that came last visit from them not being able to eat in the castle I was expecting many more Ohhhhs and Ahhhhs from them. Brats. Anyway...We stood in a fairly short line to meet Cinderella (5 min maybe?) and get our pictures taken with her, etc. She didn't seem rushed to me and took her time to greet and talk with all of the children. We ended up getting 2 photo packages, one with the girls and one with PJ and me. I like how they are included with your meal.

312.jpg

After they meet with Cinderella you are told to wait until your name is called to be seated to your table. We waited about 10 minutes for this and had a good time talking with the other couples around us. I forgot to mention PJ got all dressed up for this event as well ;)

319-1.jpg

I thought he looked pretty dang sexy if I do say so myself lol. Our name was called and we were taken up the stairs to our table. It really is a beautiful setting. Our server was a bit odd but nice enough. He took our orders, brought out the wands for all 3 kids (I asked for a wand for PJ since we didn't want a sword) and the wishing stars for the girls as well. Since PJ was so starving we had a plate of noodles brought out right away for him which was nice. He really went to town with these!
329.jpg

Soon thereafter our appetizers were brought out as well. It was a plate to share that had mozzarella, prosciutto I believe, grape tomatoes and little pieces of toast. It also had some sort of spread...it was salty. Not really sure what it was though lol. The dish was much to be desired IMO.

332-1.jpg

The kids meals all came out together. IDK why they didn't separate the appetizers from the meals here. This meant that we were eating before the kids were which didn't fly well with my kids. Anyway, I'm pretty sure everything is pre plated here and is hardly made to order because our Entrees were out within no time DH ordered the Domo's Pie and I had the braised Cobia over angel hair.

336.jpg

337-1.jpg

While good enough, DH complained that is was excessively salty and after i tried it I had to agree. The salt level was waaaay too much. He ate his dish and it did have a comfort feel to it but they just killed it with that sodium:headache: He said he would not get this again. I don't blame him lol.

Mine, on the other hand, was surprisingly good! It was cooked nicely, the fish was not smelly or fishy tasting, it flaked apart,the flavors worked and guess what? PJ ate pretty much my entire fish portion! I'm assuming he approved too. I liked the black olives in this dish too, the sauce was not heavy or overwhelming either. I would order this again.

Lily ordered the kids steak, potatoes, corn and salad. Vi had the chicken nugs, corn and grapes and cheese cubes. The salad and cheese/grapes were supposed to be appetizers...

338.jpg

335-1.jpg

Her "steak" was more like a roast cut, though she didn't complain. Everything was edible. Not much more to say about their food at this point. They were hungry and they ate.

They made their wishes with their wands and wishing star. The princesses came around and made their rounds during our meal as well.

339-1.jpg

344-2.jpg

351.jpg

345.jpg

348-1.jpg

the wishing ceremony

333.jpg

Our desserts were brought out some time in between our Entrees being literally ripped away from our tables and the princesses. I when I say ripped away I literally mean, taken away without even asking if you would like to finish the other half of the food that was left on your plate. Vis meal was taken away without even asking her if she was finished! I was asked while this dude was grabbing my plate with his arm in my face ... Surrrre, go ahead and take it if you need it that bad! I was pretty perturbed about that part to tell you the truth. It didn't ruin our experience or anything but the way they turn tables there is ridiculous IMO.

352.jpg

354.jpg

355.jpg

353-1.jpg

To be honest I can't even remember the dessert. It was not good..just blah and I didn't even eat it. I was hoping to eat light this afternoon because I was anticipating Ohanas later and I got my wish with CRTs food! DH ordered some sort of cheesecake that tasted better than mine but resembled jello out of the box cheesecake to me. I'm pretty sure he didn't finish his. The kids desserts were better here. Vi had the make your own cupcake and Lily had the make your own sundae. The cupcake was VERY good when I tasted it. The frosting was fresh and the cake was moist.

Overall we had a good meal here...when I return we will try Breakfast or Dinner next time. Lunch just can't compare to some of the other 1 TS meals out there, let alone touch the 2 TS signatures! No, you don't go for the food and this I understand. I just didn't think the character interaction was that great here either. I hate to say it but eating in the castle seemed more important to me than my girls. And PJ, well...he only came for the foodz hehe. Food, service = 5 on the pain scale. A BTDT situation. Of course the place itself is a 1 since its THE CASTLE. Just not in a hurry to get back, though I'm sure we will be going come February since we plan on doing the DxDP again.

Ugghh that cupcake is killing me! I need one like right now... (look at me commenting my own reviews LOL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter