Back to my Happy Place! FINAL UPDATE 6/28 - Pg. 20 Posts #291 & #292

Sounds like you have some great plans.
Thanks so much...I am so excited! :goodvibes

We visited the Griffith Observatory on our trip to LA. The views were great.
I've been debating adding that to our plans...it's a "tentative" idea for now. I guess it just depends on how much time we actually have. I've heard so many great things about it though. :thumbsup2

Make sure you are hungry when you visit the Farmers Market, so many great choices to pick from, and very close to Hollywood Blvd and the Kodak theater.
Thanks for the tip! We will go hungry...sounds like a great plan for lunch! :)

:woohoo: for your Magic Castle evening! Sounds very interesting and fun! You will be living large!:cool1:
I can't wait!!! It's so different from the things that we normally do!!! :goodvibes

Disneyland will be so fun at that time, too! I wonder if they'll have Mardi Gras parade?:dance3:
I'm so excited for DL...the last time we went was for the 4th of July, so this will be a whole new experience. Ooooohhhhh....a Mardi Gras parade! That would be cool! I guess I'll find out soon enough! ;)

Here we go again!!!

Well, I guess I warned all of you about how my plans might be changing up until we leave...thankfully, that time will come soon! :lmao:

Two days ago, I mentioned that Jimmy Kimmel was on HIATUS, according to his website. He has now opened up a couple of shows! :woohoo: Don't know how or why it happened, but I'm not questioning it!

So once again, I'm changing our plans! :laughing: I was able to get tickets to Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday, February 22nd. Jessica Alba is the guest and I'm thrilled...I just love her!
JimmyKimmel.jpg
JessicaAlba.jpg

So, tonight I was on the phone doing a bit of rescheduling for our transfers. On Wednesday afternoon, we were supposed to transfer to Anaheim. Our only plans were to explore Downtown Disney and possibly the Grand Californian. Now, we won't get there until later that evening, but I'm fine with that. We'll probably check into the hotel and rest up for our first big day in the parks!!! :goodvibes

Things seem to be falling into place and we leave one week from Saturday!
:yay:

Yes I am doing ok. I am working on getting strong each day. Thanks. Just need my blood levels to work out and then I am good to go for a while.

I haven't been to universal in so many years. My DH got slimmed when we went. So funny.

The magic castle will be so much fun too. My sister got to go many years ago and I was so jealous. She had leukemia and got to do all kinds of cool things. Being only a young teen I was jealous of her for that but not for the reason. Oh and I like Neil Patrick Harris. That would be nice to meet him. I could tell him I was a surrogate.lol

I am glad you get to see Jimmy Kimmel. I really like him. So funny. Jessica Abba will be a nice plus too.

Sounds like things are really coming along. Glad to hear. I look forward to hearing more.

Here we go again!!!

Well, I guess I warned all of you about how my plans might be changing up until we leave...thankfully, that time will come soon! :lmao:

Two days ago, I mentioned that Jimmy Kimmel was on HIATUS, according to his website. He has now opened up a couple of shows! :woohoo: Don't know how or why it happened, but I'm not questioning it!

So once again, I'm changing our plans! :laughing: I was able to get tickets to Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday, February 22nd. Jessica Alba is the guest and I'm thrilled...I just love her!
JimmyKimmel.jpg
JessicaAlba.jpg

So, tonight I was on the phone doing a bit of rescheduling for our transfers. On Wednesday afternoon, we were supposed to transfer to Anaheim. Our only plans were to explore Downtown Disney and possibly the Grand Californian. Now, we won't get there until later that evening, but I'm fine with that. We'll probably check into the hotel and rest up for our first big day in the parks!!! :goodvibes

Things seem to be falling into place and we leave one week from Saturday!
:yay:

That's great you get to do Kimmel when that was on your list!:cool1:

8 DAYS!!!:woohoo:

Yes I am doing ok. I am working on getting strong each day. Thanks. Just need my blood levels to work out and then I am good to go for a while.
So glad to hear it! :hug:

I haven't been to universal in so many years. My DH got slimmed when we went. So funny.
That is funny! We are really looking forward to our day there! We've only gone once and it was about 9 years ago.

The magic castle will be so much fun too. My sister got to go many years ago and I was so jealous. She had leukemia and got to do all kinds of cool things. Being only a young teen I was jealous of her for that but not for the reason. Oh and I like Neil Patrick Harris. That would be nice to meet him. I could tell him I was a surrogate.lol
The Magic Castle should be a unique experience...I can wait to see what happens that night! If we saw Neil Patrick Harris, that would be a bonus! ;)

I am glad you get to see Jimmy Kimmel. I really like him. So funny. Jessica Abba will be a nice plus too.
I am really excited!!! :yay:

Sounds like things are really coming along. Glad to hear. I look forward to hearing more.
I can't wait to share more!!!:thumbsup2

That's great you get to do Kimmel when that was on your list!:cool1:
I know!!! I can't believe everything worked out! :goodvibes I honestly didn't think it was going to happen!

8 DAYS!!!:woohoo:
Woo hoo!!! :woohoo: :dance3: :yay:

I am so glad that Jimmy Kimmel worked out! When we did our ABD to Disneyland we chose to see JKL because Brian has never seen a live show. I saw a couple Conan's back when he started on NBC in the mid 90's. I am jealous about the dinner at the Magic Castle! That place was on Top Chef Masters. I hope you are still going since you had to change your plans. Definitely check out the Grand Californian. It is really pretty.

:woohoo: for Jimmy Kimmel! Thats so great!

I thought of you this morning because I was watching Live with Kelly before heading into work and she mentioned that they will be at the Kodak Theater doing her show after the Oscars. Not sure of the dates but I thought I'd mention it to you! :goodvibes

I am so glad that Jimmy Kimmel worked out! When we did our ABD to Disneyland we chose to see JKL because Brian has never seen a live show. I saw a couple Conan's back when he started on NBC in the mid 90's.
Me too!!! I am so excited to see him! Oooohhhhh....Conan would be fun too! We've seen a couple of live shows and have always had a good time! This will be our first time at JKL!!! :goodvibes

I am jealous about the dinner at the Magic Castle! That place was on Top Chef Masters. I hope you are still going since you had to change your plans.
I didn't know it was on Top Chef Masters...very cool! :cool1: Once Kimmel opened up, I scheduled that on a different day so that we COULD keep our reservations at the MC. :thumbsup2

Definitely check out the Grand Californian. It is really pretty.
We're definitely going to be a little short on time since I had to rearrange our schedule, but we are going to try our hardest to make it over there. It looks beautiful!!! :)

:woohoo: for Jimmy Kimmel! Thats so great!

I KNOW!!! :dance3: Chris and I are both really excited!!!

I thought of you this morning because I was watching Live with Kelly before heading into work and she mentioned that they will be at the Kodak Theater doing her show after the Oscars. Not sure of the dates but I thought I'd mention it to you! :goodvibes
THAT would be cool and would have been right up my alley!!! Unfortunately, we are leaving the day before the Oscars. :sad2:

Just thought I'd mention that at this time next week, we'll be in CALIFORNIA! :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: Not that I'm excited or anything! :rolleyes:

So happy you were able to get the tickets for Jimmy Kimmel. Your plans sound great. Are you staying at Grand Californian or did I miss where you're staying? We explored it but didn't stay there. It's beautiful.

So happy you were able to get the tickets for Jimmy Kimmel. Your plans sound great.
Thanks! We have a pretty full schedule and I am so ready and anxious to experience all of the fun things we have planned! :woohoo:

Are you staying at Grand Californian or did I miss where you're staying? We explored it but didn't stay there. It's beautiful.
No, we're not staying at the GC. I had originally looked at staying there, but decided against it due to the cost and the fact that we would be spending so little time there. I do hope we have a chance to explore it though! We decided on Park Vue, which is directly across the street and a 5 minute walk. :thumbsup2

It's almost time...

Hope everyone had an amazing Valentine's Day and got to spend time with their loved ones!

My poor hubby got stuck at work until 9 p.m. :sad2: But, we know that we'll be together next week on vacation, so it all works out! :goodvibes

Well, we're getting down to crunch time......we got a lot of our packing done this past weekend, my itinerary is complete and we're just counting the days now! :laughing: Two more days of work and then we drop our dogs off for their "doggie vacation" at my parents' house on Friday!

Here are Brandi & Bailey!

DSC_0006.jpg

Just think...one week from TOMORROW we'll have our first park day!!! :yay:

AND...

On SATURDAY we'll be headed to California!!!
:woohoo:

Thanks again for joining me on this adventure and I CAN'T WAIT to share it with you upon my return!!!

You have got to love winter break! I hope that you have an amazing time!
Oh I do!!! They're talking about getting rid of our winter break......I hope it doesn't happen! It's a perfect time to get away from the snow and cold! :thumbsup2 Thanks so much.....I am looking forward to this trip so much! :goodvibes

Safe travels! :goodvibes
Thanks! At least it looks like our weather is going to be ok the day of our flight! :) I always worry about that during the winter in Michigan.

Have a wonderful and safe trip. Can't wait to hear all about it and of course see your pictures.

Have a great trip!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:
Thank you! I can't wait!!! :dance3:

Have a wonderful and safe trip. Can't wait to hear all about it and of course see your pictures.
Thanks so much! I can't wait to share either!!! :yay:

Have a fabulous time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes
Thank you! I'm so excited!!! :woohoo:

I can't wait to read your report! Sounds like you have lots of great plans.
Thanks so much! So glad you joined in!!! :goodvibes

Hoping I made it in time to wish you safe travels and have a wonderful time in our beautiful state of California! It was rainy last week, but the weathermen are forecasting nothing but gorgeous weather for the next couple of weeks, so enjoy! :beach:
Can't wait to see all the pictures!
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter