Back to my Happy Place! FINAL UPDATE 6/28 - Pg. 20 Posts #291 & #292

Spartangirl

DIS Veteran
Back to my Happy Place!
It's happening..........I'm finally getting my Disney fix after almost 2 years without a visit! :yay: I know 2 years doesn't seem like that long, but it truly feels like an eternity to me! Yes I've frequented the DISboards, reading report after report, trying to "pretend" I was taking the trips myself. However, it's just not the same and I am so happy to report that I am FINALLY returning to the place I love!

Before I get into the story of "how this trip came to be," I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to anyone who is here to join me on this journey! Of course I love writing these trip reports to relive my own vacations, but I always hope that I am able to bring so many of you back to your "happy place" too! Welcome to all of my DISfriends from past reports and to all of my new readers too. I am so excited to have you join in on the adventure...
:woohoo:

On to the cast...

P1010101.jpg

My name is Lynne (and I'm a Disneyaholic :laughing:) and this is a recent picture of my husband, Chris, and I on a trip we took to Punta Cana. We both love to travel and have shared many adventures around both the country and the world. Our last trip to Disney World was in the summer of 2010 and we last visited Disneyland in 2007. Chris and I would definitely consider ourselves Disney World vets, seeing as though we have visited the parks in Florida over 20 times. Disneyland, on the other hand, is a whole other story. I've had 2 visits, while Chris has only been there 1 time. This trip is definitely going to have a bit of a "new" feeling for both of us since it has been almost 5 years since our last visit to California.

If Chris had to describe me, he would say I am a "control freak who needs to over plan everything." LOL...those were his exact words! :rolleyes: In saying that, this sort of works out to his advantage because Chris is so laid back to the point of not wanting to plan anything. We sort of fit together like the perfect pair because I love to plan, plan, plan and he is perfectly content on just going along for the ride. :thumbsup2 We are both quite adventurous and are always up for anything new and exciting to try. Our motto is that we will always try anything at least once! Chris and I are also very competitive. We always get excited for Buzz and Toy Story Mania where we have a chance to compete!

How this trip came to be...
I am always trying to "squeeze" some sort of a Disney trip into any and all of our vacation plans. Many of my past readers can probably recall that I turned part of our "Road Trip" in 2010 into a 5 day stay in Disney World. Chris loves Disney too, but definitely not to the extent that I do. He is content on visiting the parks once every few years or so. Every time I bring up a Disney vacation, he counters it with something else....basically anything else. :confused3 I guess I can kind of understand that because I love to visit new places too. However, Disney has that "magical draw" that just keeps pulling me back!

My birthday happens to fall on Presidents' Day this year, February 20th. I'm a 1st grade teacher and we are fortunate to have a full week off for "Winter Break" during that week. Chris was able to get the week off too and threw the ball in my court for choosing a destination to head to for my birthday. I first suggested Florida and he shot that down pretty quickly, stating that we had been there within the last couple of years. I countered with California. ;) Now we've done the coastline from San Francisco to San Diego, so I suggested that we do more of the "Hollywood scene" and/or Los Angeles this time. Chris agreed and I soon got into my planning. A few weeks passed and I threw in the idea of a couple of days in Disneyland. Chris responded with, "If that's what you'd like to do." That was enough for me! :dance3: I decided that we'd begin our trip in Tinseltown and head over to Disneyland midweek.

Side Notes...
We have less than 3 weeks to go and I am just about bursting with excitement! I am counting the days...

For those of you who are new to my reports, I promise lots of pictures! I am a photography fanatic!!! For those of you who have joined me in the past, I'm sure you remember! :rolleyes1

Up Next...Our Plans!

Yay Me I am the first to post that I am following. Unless someone is hitting send before me. ;)

I had my bday on Presidents day a few years ago. When you got in free for your bday. Oh boy was it crowded. It's on Feb. 15. I have gone for a 5 years in a row for my bday. This year isn't happening.
I had a pulmonary embolism 3 weeks ago. So I need to sit this one out. I am really bummed about it as there is the Dis Diva's going and that was going to be my gift. Oh well maybe next year.
Looking forward to reading along. I grew up in Ca. and miss it now and again.

A few weeks passed and I threw in the idea of a couple of days in Disneyland. Chris responded with, "If that's what you'd like to do." That was enough for me! :dance3: I decided that we'd begin our trip in Tinseltown and head over to Disneyland midweek.

Nice way to sneak a little Disney time in. ;)
I know you guys will have a blast, and we will enjoy all of your good pictures. It's fun to travel to all of these places that I will most likely never see through your pictures. :thumbsup2

If you get a chance, check in to our Christmas trip, All I Want for Christmas and see the latest holiday fun we had with the girls. We're beginning to make our plans for the June/July trip. Between that trip and the October one, we will be adding a new little Disney fan. :lovestruc

I'm here!! I can't wait to read all about your trip! :cool1: I have never been to Disneyland...this may have to be something I convince DF to do soon!!

I'm here Lynne! I can't wait to hear about all your California adventures! :thumbsup2 I absolutely loved your CA coast TR! :goodvibes:cool2:

Hey girl!!! Glad I checked my PM!! lol

You know I am here for this ride! :)

I'm here too. Can't wait to read all about your trip. I went on two separate trips to So Cal in 2010, including a 5 night stay at GCH on our second trip. Loved it, and hope to be going back soon. Don't miss WOC, it is fantastic. Thanks for the PM.

:cool1: Thanks for the heads up! I'm so excited you're headed to DL!

I went to DL once waaaaay back in 88 when our dear Spartans last went to the Rose Bowl!

Yay! A new trippie by Spartangirl! I'm checking in for now but i'll be back to read!:banana:

ETA: I'm so excited for you two, but also for me to read your report and see your pics! I always look forward to your pics. Good job of getting your Disney in! DLR is my happy place, as that's where I was first introduced to the magic. Can you believe I was 28 yrs old before I ever got to experience the Magic? Oh Well, my kids were 6 and 4 by then, and my grandkids have all gone at very young ages, so we're making progress as a family! We may visit the end of March, but I'm thinking you will already be back at work by then?

Yay Me I am the first to post that I am following. Unless someone is hitting send before me. ;)
You are first, Michele! I'm impressed!!! :cheer2:

I had my bday on Presidents day a few years ago. When you got in free for your bday. Oh boy was it crowded. It's on Feb. 15. I have gone for a 5 years in a row for my bday. This year isn't happening.
I bet it was crowded on Presidents' day! :eek: That's cool that our birthdays are so close together...February will be the month of celebrations! :thumbsup2

I had a pulmonary embolism 3 weeks ago. So I need to sit this one out. I am really bummed about it as there is the Dis Diva's going and that was going to be my gift. Oh well maybe next year.
WHAT?!?!? Oh my gosh!!! How are you doing??? I sure hope you're getting stronger day by day...

Looking forward to reading along. I grew up in Ca. and miss it now and again.
So glad to have you here! :hug:

Here, Lynne! I am so excited that you are getting to go to Disneyland! This is going to be a great trip!
Yay! I'm happy you're joining in, Jackie! :woohoo: I am so excited to be going to DL too...I honestly didn't think it was going to happen!

Nice way to sneak a little Disney time in. ;)
You like that? LOL! I had to fit it in somehow! :rolleyes1

I know you guys will have a blast, and we will enjoy all of your good pictures. It's fun to travel to all of these places that I will most likely never see through your pictures. :thumbsup2
I hope you enjoy the ride and I'm so happy to have you here! :hug:

If you get a chance, check in to our Christmas trip, All I Want for Christmas and see the latest holiday fun we had with the girls. We're beginning to make our plans for the June/July trip.
Done! :thumbsup2 I appreciate the heads-up! I love reading about your adventures too!!!

Between that trip and the October one, we will be adding a new little Disney fan. :lovestruc
YAY!!! :yay: I'm so excited for you all! You've got to be over the moon! :cloud9:

Yay!!! I'm in! And so excited for your California/Disneyland adventure! :woohoo:
So happy to have you here, Tracy! :hug: I'm so excited too...these last couple of weeks are going to be really hard because I'm ready to go NOW! :laughing:

I'm here!! I can't wait to read all about your trip! :cool1: I have never been to Disneyland...this may have to be something I convince DF to do soon!!
Yay! Glad you're here, Shannon! :hug: Oooohhhhh...definitely put DL on your to-do list! I bet you two would LOVE it! :goodvibes

I'm here Lynne! I can't wait to hear about all your California adventures! :thumbsup2 I absolutely loved your CA coast TR! :goodvibes:cool2:
So glad you're here, Jen! :hug: We have some fun things planned and I can't wait to DO them and SHARE!!! Awwww.....thanks! I hope this TR lives up to the same reputation! :laughing:

Hey girl!!! Glad I checked my PM!! lol

You know I am here for this ride! :)
Hey, Heather! I'm so glad you checked too! :lmao:

I'm happy you're here! :hug:

Thanks for the PM. So looking forward to this. I love going on vacation with you.
You're welcome! I'm so glad you're going on another "vacation" with me, Cheryl! :hug:

I'm here too. Can't wait to read all about your trip.
YAY!!! I'm happy you're joining me for another TR!!! :hug:

I went on two separate trips to So Cal in 2010, including a 5 night stay at GCH on our second trip. Loved it, and hope to be going back soon.
Nice!!! I'm jealous...I bet it was fabulous! :thumbsup2

Don't miss WOC, it is fantastic. Thanks for the PM.
Thanks for the tip! It is definitely on our to-do list! I've heard amazing things about it and can't wait to experience it for the first time! :goodvibes

:cool1: Thanks for the heads up! I'm so excited you're headed to DL!
You're welcome! So glad to have you here, Nicole! :hug: I'm so excited to be going there too!!!

I went to DL once waaaaay back in 88 when our dear Spartans last went to the Rose Bowl!
I bet that was AMAZING!!! :cheer2: Speaking of our dear Spartans...during the Outback Bowl we were in Punta Cana and we pried ourselves away from the beach to watch the 2nd half of the game! I'm so glad we did! You can tell that Chris was just a bit excited in this picture! :laughing:
P1010058.jpg

Yay! A new trippie by Spartangirl! I'm checking in for now but i'll be back to read!:banana:
So glad you're here, Tammie! :hug:

ETA: I'm so excited for you two, but also for me to read your report and see your pics! I always look forward to your pics.
Awww...you're too sweet! :flower3:

Good job of getting your Disney in!
Thanks...I certainly try! :laughing:

DLR is my happy place, as that's where I was first introduced to the magic. Can you believe I was 28 yrs old before I ever got to experience the Magic? Oh Well, my kids were 6 and 4 by then, and my grandkids have all gone at very young ages, so we're making progress as a family!
Well, you may have started late, but you've certainly made up for it and have done a nice job in spreading the magic to your family! :goodvibes

We may visit the end of March, but I'm thinking you will already be back at work by then?
That would have been fantastic to be there at the same time...but unfortunately, I am back to work by then! :sad2:

Thanks for the heads up! I am so happy that you are getting to do a birthday/Disneyland trip all in one.
You're welcome, Lisa! So glad you're here to join me on another TR! :hug: I'm happy that I get to do a birthday/DL trip too, even if the Disney portion is just part of the trip. You know I'll make the most of it! :thumbsup2

I'm here!!! Thanks for the heads-up that you started a report!!! Can't wait to read it!!!
Yay! Glad you're here, Hope! :hug: I hope I have lots of exciting things to share at the end of my trip!!! :yay:

Yay!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I LOVE reading your reports... your California coast trip was awesome, i'd done alot of the same things a couple of years before and you took me right back to that trip...

Can't wait to read more - have fun planning and preparing!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter