• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back to my Happy Place! FINAL UPDATE 6/28 - Pg. 20 Posts #291 & #292

Another great day!

Friends is absolutely one of my favorite all time shows, hands down. What an awesome experience to be in the Central Perk! :thumbsup2

The rest of the tour sounds nice! My DH would love the car museum as well. Must be a guy thing! I am glad that you were able to find our Christmas ornament! I think that the Magic Castle is something I am going to have to do one day. It sounds like something we would enjoy. I have heard of Adam Wylie. I watched both of those shows. Sounds like a great time was had!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe you got to see Central Perk! So jealous!!! :goodvibes Really enjoying your TR!!!

You SAT on the Central Perk couch!!! How lucky are you??? :banana:

That is the perfect ornament for your travel tree! :thumbsup2

The Magic Castle Club sounds very fun!

Seeing the friends set ... going into Central Perk ... sitting on THE couch ... my jealousy is infinite right about now :lmao:

Another great day!

It was fantastic!!! :thumbsup2

Friends is absolutely one of my favorite all time shows, hands down. What an awesome experience to be in the Central Perk! :thumbsup2
I was over-the-top excited!!! :yay:

The rest of the tour sounds nice! My DH would love the car museum as well. Must be a guy thing!
Must be! :laughing:

I am glad that you were able to find your Christmas ornament!
Me too! I was thinking it was going to be hard to find one in Hollywood until I came upon that store! :thumbsup2

I think that the Magic Castle is something I am going to have to do one day. It sounds like something we would enjoy. I have heard of Adam Wylie. I watched both of those shows. Sounds like a great time was had!
Definitely do it if you ever have the chance! It was such a unique experience! :goodvibes

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe you got to see Central Perk! So jealous!!! :goodvibes
I couldn't believe it either........we walked in and I think my jaw dropped! :lmao: I was just in AWE!!!

Really enjoying your TR!!!
Thanks so much for continuing to read!!! :flower3:

Sounds like another great update. :thumbsup2
Thank you!!! :flower3:

You SAT on the Central Perk couch!!! How lucky are you??? :banana:
I think I was the MOST EXCITED person in the group! :laughing: The rest of the group probably thought I was crazy! I'm glad some of you from the DIS understand! :goodvibes

That is the perfect ornament for your travel tree! :thumbsup2
Thank you...I thought so too! :thumbsup2

The Magic Castle Club sounds very fun!
It was super fun, Jackie! It was very cool going into an experience without really knowing "too much" about it. We both enjoyed the night out! :)

Seeing the friends set ... going into Central Perk ... sitting on THE couch ... my jealousy is infinite right about now :lmao:
:laughing: I was in AWE when we walked onto the set!!! Once we were given the go ahead to sit on the couch, I think I was the first one!!! I figured this would be my only chance! :yay:

Food Challenge, Birthplace of LA, & Oscar Update

Today we decided to book a city tour of Los Angeles to give us an advantage of seeing a lot of things in one day. After researching high and low before our travels, I settled on a company which hosted small group tours. Dmitry was the guide of our small group of 4!

Dmitry picked us up at the Magic Castle right on time, we made quick introductions with the two girls on our tour, and we were on our way! We started out by heading toward Downtown LA. We passed by the Walt Disney Concert Hall which was incredible! What a magnificent structure! I'd really love to come back in the future and explore the inside. I was just blown away by the architecture!

Walt_Disney_Concert_Hall_Across_Grand.jpg

Up next was "Little Tokyo." We had a great time taking pictures in the Japanese Village Plaza. It was so peaceful and quiet in the early morning hours...

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

While exploring, we came upon this cool "prayer and wish" tree. Covering the tree were messages in both Japanese and English. We kept thinking it would have been nice to add our own thoughts, but we didn't have any paper or pens. :sad2:

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

Chris was laughing over a food challenge that was posted on a restaurant window. $49.99 for a huge bowl of RAW food and soup. FREE if you could eat it within 15 minutes. :scared1: Any takers??? We decided to pass!

DSC_0159.jpg

Chris put his hand next to the food bowls for a comparison of size...I don't think so! :eek:

DSC_0160.jpg

Up next we visited Olvera Street, which is the birthplace of Los Angeles.

DSC_0161.jpg

This was definitely a celebration of LA's Mexican heritage and we enjoyed exploring all of the little markets throughout the street.

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

Today happened to be Mardi Gras too and there were all sorts of decorative pieces up along the street.

DSC_0165.jpg

We loved looking at all of the homemade puppets. We couldn't believe the price either...$3.95 each! So reasonable for handcrafted items!

DSC_0166.jpg

Before leaving, we had a chance to visit the oldest house in LA. It was nice to see a piece of history and I was able to snap a couple of pictures to capture the moment.

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

We soon boarded our van to head to our next destination. I snapped a picture of the Staples Center (home to the LA Lakers) as we drove past it.

DSC_0170.jpg

We were making a brief stop in Hollywood because the other members of our tour group were from Australia and hadn't seen it yet. Chris and I took this opportunity to do what had become known as our "daily Oscar check." It was unbelievable how quickly the changes took place in preparation for the big event. Today we noticed a huge awning over Hollywood Boulevard.

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

After gawking at the new additions, we headed back toward our van...but first, I figured I might as well make a stop on the red carpet to talk to Joan Rivers about the upcoming events. :lmao:

DSC_0173.jpg

Chris found a friend too!
:rotfl2:

DSC_0174.jpg

Up Next: Hollywood Sign, "Extra" Host, & Venice Beach
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44502360&postcount=152

"Friends" & Magic!

We were definitely having a fantastic time on the WB tour up to this point in time!

DSC_0132.jpg

However, the best was yet to come for me! I am a HUGE fan of the TV show "Friends".......look where we stopped next! :woohoo:

DSC_0131.jpg

I was so excited! To date, this is STILL one of my all-time favorite shows! Check out Central Perk...

DSC_0134.jpg

[/url]

Can I just say how extremely jealous I am that you sat on THE COUCH!!!!!

Can I just say how extremely jealous I am that you sat on THE COUCH!!!!!

I think my jaw dropped when we entered the set! :laughing: I stood there in AWE for a few seconds before everything sank in! When our guide said that we could sit on "THE COUCH" for a quick picture, you bet I took advantage of the opportunity! :yay:

Hollywood Sign, "Extra" Host, & Venice Beach

Our tour continued and Dmitry took us way up into the Hollywood Hills for the best views of Los Angeles and the Hollywood sign. Here are a few of the pictures we took...

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

I couldn't resist... :rotfl2:

DSC_0180.jpg

Overlooking Los Angeles...

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

And one more of the famous sign...

DSC_0184.jpg

Our next stop was at The Farmers Market and The Grove. We snapped a couple of pictures as we made our way into the market and searched out a spot for lunch.

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

Loteria! looked interesting, so we sat down at the full service counter.

DSC_0187.jpg

We ordered some chips and guacamole to begin and it was definitely the right choice!

DSC_0188.jpg

I got two beef tacos that were so tasty...

DSC_0189.jpg

Chris got a beef burrito that he raved about...

DSC_0190.jpg

After a fantastic and authentic Mexican lunch, we made our way out of the Farmers Market.

DSC_0191.jpg

We headed right next door to The Grove.

DSC_0193.jpg

Here, we ran into the set of "Extra" with Mario Lopez.

DSC_0192.jpg

I figured I would try my hand at hosting!
:lmao:

DSC_0194.jpg

Continued in next post...
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44502436&postcount=153

Continued...

Next up it was time to hit the beaches. Our first stop was Venice Beach!

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

It was very different from many of the beaches that we had previously visited in California, but we enjoyed the uniqueness of it! Venice Beach definitely had character!

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

Of course we saw the famous "Muscle Beach," but I opted not to take a picture. Seeing it once was good enough for me! :laughing:

There were all sorts of touristy stores along a walkway which was filled with bikers, dog walkers, and skateboarders.

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

Here is what happens if you leave your bike in Venice. :scared1: Chris said, "At least the lock worked!" :rolleyes:

DSC_0203.jpg

We came across "Danny's," from "I love you, Man!" However, we just took the pictures, with no stop, because we were still full from our Mexican lunch.

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

Soon, our time was up at Venice Beach and we were going to be heading to our next destination. As we headed out, we passed the Venice Canals...

DSC_0208.jpg

Up Next: Santa Monica, Celeb Homes, & Rodeo Drive
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44554395&postcount=163

Wow, what a day so far! I am tired from just looking at all of the places you visited. The tour looks like a must do. I would have skipped the raw meal as well. Yuck! But your lunch looks wonderful!

Neat tour of Los Angeles! I didn't even know some of those places existed! I think I would have passed on the Japanese food challenge as well. Ewww.

Great pictures by the Hollywood sign and Venice Beach definitely has a different vibe than the beaches we are used to here in the Southeast.

Lunch at the Farmer's Market looks fantastic. My mouth is watering over the guacamole. Yum!

Hi Lynne! I'm back from Phoenix now and all caught up! Great WB tour - I haven't been there.:thumbsup2
Loved the Central Perk pic and the Scooby Do Van!!!

Your Magic Castle evening looks so special. One of those "off the map" things not everyone gets a chance to do!:cool1:

Oh, Venice beach has character, but mostly CharacterS I thought you would post a pic of Santa in a speedo wearing roller skates or something!
:rotfl2:

Loving the pictures of your tour of LA. I definitely need to go and find all the places you went... we are so close, but just never venture further than Disneyland :) Or we just try to survive the traffic as we are driving thru LA.

And you got to sit on THE COUCH... I am jealous!

Wow, what a day so far! I am tired from just looking at all of the places you visited. The tour looks like a must do.
The tour was FANTASTIC! I couldn't believe how much we crammed in! :thumbsup2

I would have skipped the raw meal as well. Yuck!
It makes me sick just thinking about it! :eek:

But your lunch looks wonderful!
It was so good...makes me hungry just thinking about it! :goodvibes

Neat tour of Los Angeles! I didn't even know some of those places existed! I think I would have passed on the Japanese food challenge as well. Ewww.
The tour was really great...it was so neat to see how "different" all of the parts of Los Angeles really are. :thumbsup2 I feel ill just thinking about that food challenge! :scared:

Great pictures by the Hollywood sign and Venice Beach definitely has a different vibe than the beaches we are used to here in the Southeast.
Thank you! :goodvibes Venice Beach was pretty "edgy" compared to what we're used to, too. But in saying that, I'm glad we at least saw it! :)

Lunch at the Farmer's Market looks fantastic. My mouth is watering over the guacamole. Yum!
Oh my gosh...it was so good! The guacamole was the best part....I just love it! :yay:

Hi Lynne! I'm back from Phoenix now and all caught up!

Welcome back! Wow...you have been traveling quite a bit! First Hawaii and then Phoenix...very nice! :goodvibes

Great WB tour - I haven't been there.:thumbsup2
Loved the Central Perk pic and the Scooby Do Van!!!
If you ever have a chance, check out the WB tour...it was a lot of fun! :yay:

Your Magic Castle evening looks so special. One of those "off the map" things not everyone gets a chance to do!:cool1:
We loved it! It was such a unique experience that we will probably never have an opportunity to do again. I'm so glad we had the chance!!! :woohoo:

Oh, Venice beach has character, but mostly CharacterS I thought you would post a pic of Santa in a speedo wearing roller skates or something!
:rotfl2: Oh my gosh........you're so right! I think my jaw dropped a couple of times with some of the "characters" at the beach! I decided not to subject any fellow DISers to the craziness that we witnessed! :laughing:

Loving the pictures of your tour of LA. I definitely need to go and find all the places you went... we are so close, but just never venture further than Disneyland :) Or we just try to survive the traffic as we are driving thru LA.
It was a really great tour! I think I truly had a different "vision" of LA before we went.....there really are some great things to see and do around the city! I hear you, about the traffic! We have traffic back home too, but nothing in comparison to LA! :scared1: Having the tour was nice...we were in the traffic at times, but didn't have to drive!!!

And you got to sit on THE COUCH... I am jealous!
I was over-the-top excited!!! :yay:

I don't even know where to start! I LOVE Friends, I still watch the reruns on TBS here!! I am so jealous!!

We were planning on visiting Disneyland one day, but I just told DF we have a few things and tours to hit in addition to that!! :thumbsup2

I love your Hogwarts picture!!

Your dinner sounded so cool, what a fun experience!

The Hollywood sign pictures came out great, just so many things to comment on, but all I have to say is it all looked like so much fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter