back from WDW

rocketmah781

Earning My Ears
I am giving my previous post a 2nd go around, only because it is lenghty and I wanted everyone to read it, if it can help anyone with their trip planning. To begin with, we arrived at WDW on the 24th of June at approximately 10:15 MCO. The temp. was 96 degrees and for the duration of our 8 day stay, it was the same
temp., high 90.s and thunderstorms, the 1st 4 nights, with tremendous scary lighting, I told my wife, the only thing missing at night was Charlton Heston and the red sea parting... We also
resort hopped as follows, GF 3nights 2 nites, YC, 2 nites WL, and final 2 nights YC, we were going to CS, but we love the YC. Just like other people like their resorts, we like the YC. With that said, I think everyone who reads the individual resort threads, should in mho, take them with a GRAIN OF SALT! It is all apples and oranges, one man's honey, another man's vinegar. etc, etc.
What we like about the YC is the pool and yes, hahaha, the pool hoppers were caught and I saw a few complaining to the lifeguards who were on duty at every area, hahaha pool hoppers, you should be ashamed, dragging your children to a different resort and then for the whole family to be embarssed outside the pool deck. I did feel sorry for the children, but I blame the parents... Back to the YC, just walking to Epcot, was great, save your money and eat at the Rose and Crown instead of the Illuminations cruise. We did have pos. ressies for a illuminations cruise for our family, 2 boys, 9 and 6, wife and sister and law, husband and their 2 boys as well.. Ww were picked up at 8:15, outside the YC marina by Scott from Pa. Real nice guy, with plenty of fast one liners for the boys, who now thought the lagoon was gator infested. For those asking, we gave Scott a 25.00 tip, cash
which by the way, cannot be added to the bill itself. We parked under the bbridge by Norway and were literally overwhelmed by the fireworks. However, the next night we ate at th eRose and Crown, and saw the same show, so oif you time it right, you effectively could go the the Rose and Crown for salad and have a great seat for the show. We did notice that, the 2 night s we saw the fireworks, you could of sat anywhere around the lagoon and got a great seat.
We spent 3 nights at the GF, elegant as it is and no complaints from us at all, with anything they had to offfer, however, we liked the YC, again, take i with a grain of salt, IMHO.
We hated the WL, why do you ask, the first evening, checking into the WL, we were on the 1st floor, no one told us that the carpeting running through the corridors of the floor, that the carpeting would stink of mildew, I am not making this up... I had to make use of the laundramat in the 1st floor as well, it cost 6 dollars in quarters to wash and dry 1 small load. 2.00 for powder.
Likewise, in our room, you heard every toliet flush adjacent to your room. MAKE sure you do not have adjacent rooms, the walls in the WL are paper thin, how do I know, I heard all the day's travel experiences 1st hand throught the walls. I complained to the mgmnt. and they apoligized immensely and gave us a 6th floor courtyard view, if you get a woods view, stay elsewhere, IMHO. We ran back to the YC the following day, overall, the vc was great, BUT WE WILL NEVER AGAIN GO IN THE SUMMER. with or without FP, some of the waits were over 1 hr long, yes we did
Mission Space 2x, Test Track, etc, etc. and literally the stand by lines were just as long as FP. What did us in was the unbearable heat, but hey it was JUne 24th to July 2nd and the kids loved it, so it will be probaly be 2 yrs before we go back, Body Wars, by the way was closed and the painting and the scaffoldind at The YC was done by th etime we checked out, and you never knew that they were painting. Hope this helps and yes, use AAA for passes, we saved 160.00 for a 5 day pass for the 4 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter