Back From 10 Yummy Days of Free Dining - Lots of Pics -*Updated with Le Cellar*

thanks for sharing your wonderful food review. Enjoying reading and can't wait to read more. We usually go to CP for lunch b/c my husband loves the food selection but we are going to try CP for breakfast next trip and the lunch at CP is a must at ever trip. I have to get my son food first b/c he too is the slowest eater...my husband and I can go to a 2 hour meal with him and he is still eating his food...but he is a good boy. I too feel the same way with CM (we went for dinner and we thought the food was not good, thank goodness for the dessert buffet). My son wants to go back to this place so we will go for breakfast.

thanks for sharing your wonderful food review. Enjoying reading and can't wait to read more. We usually go to CP for lunch b/c my husband loves the food selection but we are going to try CP for breakfast next trip and the lunch at CP is a must at ever trip. I have to get my son food first b/c he too is the slowest eater...my husband and I can go to a 2 hour meal with him and he is still eating his food...but he is a good boy. I too feel the same way with CM (we went for dinner and we thought the food was not good, thank goodness for the dessert buffet). My son wants to go back to this place so we will go for breakfast.

Thanks Pooh&OurHunny...........BTW I love that name!

We have never done CP at lunch because we have always done breakfast and enjoyed it so much but I think I will try it next time. I have read a number of times that lunch is also good there and I love the Pooh gang and can see them several times in one trip;)

LOL....your son sounds just like my daughter. She is also a really good girl but food does not interest her so she takes sooooo long to eat. She always has her food first and is always the last to finish eating! What are you going to do:confused:

I thought that the snow crab was on th eCape May menu now???????????
Made ressies, but would be unhappy if there were no crab legs!

Great pics, but made me hungry!

I thought that the snow crab was on th eCape May menu now???????????
Made ressies, but would be unhappy if there were no crab legs!

Great pics, but made me hungry!

I hear that they have it now. We were at WDW for 10 days and went to Cape May at the beginning of our trip. I looks like they got the crab the following week:sad2: Yup I love crab and I missed it. Hopefully they will have it when you go!

So we have never done Cape May at breakfast b/c of the logistics of actually getting to BC from our resort but I wanted to see Minnie dressed in beach wear :cloud9:
So when I made my ressie I knew we would just take a cab to BC from CBR and it was sooooo quick and easy and under $10. So we got there and we waited less than 5 mins (woohoo, can't bet that).
I have to say Minnie is soooo cute in her starfish heels, adorable and Goofy is very goofy looking in his beachwear;) The characters were all good and ofcourse adorable.
So to the food. I apologize but I only took one picture, I'm not sure how that happened.

2298043760105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

So you remember me saying I love pastries, so there are some pastries/muffins here, all pretty good, they had asparagus at breakfast which I actually really liked. They had a toast section that I got second, the jam was really good. They had all your basic breakfast items, the only different item was the asparagus.

What is great about this meal is you can easily just walk over to Epcot from BC so that morning was an Epcot morning and its such a nice walk, a great way to work off your breakfast;)

Would we do it again, probably! Food was ok, characters cute, service not bad, it was better at dinner.

I would give Cape May breakfast a 7.5 out of 10.

Really enjoying your reviews- we are doing Tutto Italia for the first time in December- it was nice to hear you and your family enjoyed it!

So we have always done Coral Reef for all our trips. Firstly we love watching the fish in the big aquarium, our DD is really into animals and loves watching all the fishies swim as she eats. Its a great distraction and well;)
Secondly I love Mahi Mahi and that is what I always have and its always been good. Can you guess what I had this time around:laughing:

So we arrived at Coral Reef and were told they were behind, great, so not what I wanted to hear. There were alot of huge sized parties waiting to go in. Now please don't bash me but I get annoyed at parties of 20 people, it just slows down the whole reservation thing. I saw one party of 18 just sitting at their table chatting away, they were done dessert, they were there for atleast 30 mins after they got the bill. Seriously this is not a gathering place to hang out. There are other people waiting. That table could have been 4 or 5 tables that would have left at different times and not staying that long, gosh we never stay after dessert if we see the restaurant packed, just common courtesy. I have to say I had never seen so many big parties at other restaurants during our trip, just that one. Anyways if you would like to bash now, go right ahead!:rolleyes1

So we waited over an hour to get seated, we left and went on the Nemo ride and went to see the fish and came back and still had to wait and wait. Its soooooo fustrating! Why are some restaurants that are so well managed and others horrible!

So when we were finally seated we sat right up at the glass and DD liked that.

So for an appetizer I ordered the Caesar Salad:

2641265600105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

It was good. The dressing was different than your usual caesar dressing, not better or worse just different. I would probably try something else next time.

DH ordered the Lobster Soup:

2598151740105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

He also said it was good, nothing too special about it!

Okay I remember our appetizers being better last time around:sad2:

Onto the entrees. DH ordered the New York Steak:

2273181920105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

He said it was cooked just like he asked and he enjoyed it.

I ordered the Mahi Mahi......surprise surprise :laughing:

2267600920105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

Now I remember the last few years this came with couscous, didn't it or am I getting old and lossing my memory? This time it came with rice. It was better before. My fish was also not cooked as well as I would have like it. I couldn't eat the middle, it was a bit pink.

DD ordered the pizza......another surprise, surprise:

2393059320105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

Okay now I remember this was made with actual pizza dough before, this time around it was made on a pita like bread. Seriously I was not happy. DD ate it without complains but I did not like that it wasn't actual pizza dough.

Seriously what is going on with Coral Reef?

DD had the ice cream since the other option has nuts.......okay another one of my rants.........I feel so sorry for kids with a nut allergy like my DD. Almost the only dessert they can have at Disney is the ice cream. Its not that difficult to have nut free desserts, please Disney these poor kids want yummy dessert, not just ice cream. Okay rant over!

2872906180105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

DH had the Baileys and Jack Daniel's Mousse:

2276070230105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

DH said it was very very good and chocolaty.....LOL

I had the cheesecake: Hey you can see Stitch in my lap.....LOL..... DD always wanted to carry him around but then I get stuck holding him!

2074513180105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

It was different. It had this pastry thing on top, it was a very light cheesecake, not the real thing. I like the real thing! Calories and all......LOL Well atleast when I'm on vacation!

I have to say that our waiter was really good but the food was not as good as previous years. I had heard negative reviews lately and I have to say they are true. I hope Coral Reef fixes their issues because it really is a nice restaurant, the atmosphere is great but now the food needs to match that and the wait is terrible!

So I have to give Coral Reef a 7 out of 10.

Up Next breakfast at Akershus and all the Princesses!

Sorry to hear your dinner at Coral Reef wasnt as good as your previous ones. That's horrible how long you had to wait for your meal. Hope you have better luck on your next review.

So for an appetizer I ordered the Caesar Salad:

1842.jpg

It was good. The dressing was different than your usual caesar dressing, not better or worse just different. I would probably try something else next time.

Onto the entrees. DH ordered the New York Steak:

1848.jpg

He said it was cooked just like he asked and he enjoyed it.

I ordered the Mahi Mahi......surprise surprise :laughing:

1849.jpg

DD ordered the pizza......another surprise, surprise:

1850.jpg

Okay now I remember this was made with actual pizza dough before, this time around it was made on a pita like bread. Seriously I was not happy. DD ate it without complains but I did not like that it wasn't actual pizza dough.

Seriously what is going on with Coral Reef?

DH had the Baileys and Jack Daniel's Mousse:

1864.jpg

DH said it was very very good and chocolaty.....LOL

I had the cheesecake: Hey you can see Stitch in my lap.....LOL..... DD always wanted to carry him around but then I get stuck holding him!

1865.jpg

It was different. It had this pastry thing on top, it was a very light cheesecake, not the real thing. I like the real thing! Calories and all......LOL Well atleast when I'm on vacation!

I have to say that our waiter was really good but the food was not as good as previous years. I had heard negative reviews lately and I have to say they are true. I hope Coral Reef fixes their issues because it really is a nice restaurant, the atmosphere is great but now the food needs to match that and the wait is terrible!

So I have to give Coral Reef a 7 out of 10.

Up Next breakfast at Akershus and all the Princesses!

So sorry your meal here was a disappointment:sad2: I must say though, that the food just does not look good. From the sloppily squeezed on salad dressing to the pitiful meat they called a steak...oh and your poor fish:confused3 And your cheesecake...I don't know what to make of that. Just doesn't look appetising. The only thing that did look good what your DH's dessert, which was the only thing that was enjoyed. Again, so sorry about your meal. I'm actually glad we haven't eaten there. Really don't have a desire to, even with my BFF who raves to me about it all the time that it's her fave. Must be these pitiful looking plates I see on most Coral Reef reviews as of late. Better luck next time for you!:hippie:

Hi! I'm in. Loving your reviews! Tutto is one of our favs and so is Coral Reef! YUM!

From the sounds of your reviews, it seems like you and your family did a lot of waiting! :( That stinks, especially since I would much rather go in, sit down, eat and then go off to enjoy the parks some more.

OH, about the nut allergy thing - Next time you're at Walt Disney World, go to 'Ohana when Chef TJ is working. He is phenomenal with dietary restrictions and food allergies and would make sure your daughter got something other than just plain ol' ice cream. I'm lactose intolerant as well as vegan, and being given just a lump of soy ice cream would be disappointing as well. I don't think anyone would like that to end their meal! (Unless they really did love icream cream)

Nice reviews!

I'm joining a little late, but better late than never :thumbsup2 Great reviews so far - Coral Reef looks yum! We've booked a dinner there prior to EMH, but have been unsure whether keep it with the iffy reviews :confused3

Can't wait to read about Akershus - it's on our list for next year! :)

Great dining report!

I'm sorry to hear about Coral Reef. That restaurant is one of my favorites at Disney. I really do think it's hit or miss. I agree with the wait though- they ALWAYS seem to be running behind on ADRs. Maybe they're overbooking or not taking in to account the correct time for diners who eat more slowly due to the sea creatures/fish.

Can't wait to read about the princesses!

I know what you mean about the kids pizza at Coral Reef, my nieces didnt like it at all, they kept complaining about the weird crust :rotfl:

Thanks for the great reviews. I have Cape May bake on our list for next time. My DH will love the clams.

Sorry to hear your dinner at Coral Reef wasnt as good as your previous ones. That's horrible how long you had to wait for your meal. Hope you have better luck on your next review.

Thanks! The Disney magic starts to fade a bit when you wait so long to eat;)

So sorry your meal here was a disappointment:sad2: I must say though, that the food just does not look good. From the sloppily squeezed on salad dressing to the pitiful meat they called a steak...oh and your poor fish:confused3 And your cheesecake...I don't know what to make of that. Just doesn't look appetising. The only thing that did look good what your DH's dessert, which was the only thing that was enjoyed. Again, so sorry about your meal. I'm actually glad we haven't eaten there. Really don't have a desire to, even with my BFF who raves to me about it all the time that it's her fave. Must be these pitiful looking plates I see on most Coral Reef reviews as of late. Better luck next time for you!:hippie:

Thanks! Coral Reef use to be sooooo good but this time it was very disappointing!

Hi! I'm in. Loving your reviews! Tutto is one of our favs and so is Coral Reef! YUM!

Thans for joining in! I have actually read alot of your threads, I find them very informative! Tutto Italia was very yummy:lovestruc

From the sounds of your reviews, it seems like you and your family did a lot of waiting! :( That stinks, especially since I would much rather go in, sit down, eat and then go off to enjoy the parks some more.

OH, about the nut allergy thing - Next time you're at Walt Disney World, go to 'Ohana when Chef TJ is working. He is phenomenal with dietary restrictions and food allergies and would make sure your daughter got something other than just plain ol' ice cream. I'm lactose intolerant as well as vegan, and being given just a lump of soy ice cream would be disappointing as well. I don't think anyone would like that to end their meal! (Unless they really did love icream cream)

Nice reviews!

Thanks for the Ohana tip. I didn't plan it this time around but we have gone there in the past and its always been good. But the dinner scares me a bit b/c of all the peanut sauce around:scared1: That's the main reason we didn't go this time around!

I'm joining a little late, but better late than never :thumbsup2 Great reviews so far - Coral Reef looks yum! We've booked a dinner there prior to EMH, but have been unsure whether keep it with the iffy reviews :confused3

Can't wait to read about Akershus - it's on our list for next year! :)

Thanks for joining! I hope you have a better time at Coral Reef than we did. It seems to be a hit and miss so I will keep my fingers crossed that your time is yummy there like it was in the past for us!

Great dining report!

I'm sorry to hear about Coral Reef. That restaurant is one of my favorites at Disney. I really do think it's hit or miss. I agree with the wait though- they ALWAYS seem to be running behind on ADRs. Maybe they're overbooking or not taking in to account the correct time for diners who eat more slowly due to the sea creatures/fish.

Can't wait to read about the princesses!

LOL......my DD would sit there forever looking at the fish.........actually go would DH......he's a scuba diver;) DH actually swam in that tank while we were there are he was entertaining some of the Coral Reef diners......LOL

I know what you mean about the kids pizza at Coral Reef, my nieces didnt like it at all, they kept complaining about the weird crust :rotfl:

That pizza crust really surprised me! That is just wrong! Talk about taking shortcuts:mad:

I have coral Reef on my list! It looks good!

I hope your Coral Reef meal is yummy like our past ones!

Thanks for the great reviews. I have Cape May bake on our list for next time. My DH will love the clams.

There were ALOT of clams......he will love it!

Okay I am off to do the Akershus review for all he princesses out there!princess:

We love Akershus and we make ressies for all our trips. Its a great place to take little princesses!princess:

We got to Epcot and our ressie was before the park opened.....OH I LOVE walking through empty parks......so magical!

We got to Akershus and checked in and we waited about 5 mins (bonus). We then went in and DD took her picture with Belle and then we were quickly seated.

DH got up to get some food at the buffet and when he returned I was getting up but a princesses came by so I had to stay....LOL I saw another princess coming so I went quickly so I would not miss her! Our platted food arrived (scrambled egg, bacon and potatoes). In the rush of all the princesses coming I never did take a pic of the platted food. It was all good.

So I only got one picture of the food from the buffet. Sorry about that but we were so busy meeting the Royalty and eating :lmao:

2812639520105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

The pastries are soooo yummy and there were alot of fresh berries at the buffet....I had alot......LOL

So we had a really yummy meal and met Belle, Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel and Snow White.

Our server was also very good!

SO I have to give Arkershus a 8 out of 10.

Up Next Cosmic Rays for dinner on our MNSSHP evening!

Glad you enjoyed Akershus :) Those pasties look yum :thumbsup2

I'm torn between booking a dinner or a brekkie there for our 2010 trip (mind, you I have got over 6 months before I can make my ressies :lmao:)

Looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter