Back From 10 Yummy Days of Free Dining - Lots of Pics -*Updated with Le Cellar*

So our lunches haven't been very good at Old Port Royale but we didn't have a TS breakfast planned for this day so we thought we would try Old Port Royale.

So for DD I got her the kids Mickey Waffles (there were 2 small ones) and Bacon:

2153944550105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

DD had no complains. She ate it all up!

DH ordered this:

2852303000105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

He said it wasn't bad for a quick quick bite!

DH also got the Oatmeal and he decided to be funny :lmao:

2605823110105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

Again he said it was okay!

I was not in the mood for anything heavy so I got a Yogurt Parfait and Fruit:

2574304100105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

2815791970105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

The fruit was fresh and good. The yogurt parfait I was disappointed that they would use a jam instead of real fruit. For a healthier choice I'm disappointed that they ruined it with sugary jam.

So Old Port Royale was a bit better for breakfast but I don't want to eat there again.

So I give Old Port Royale breakfast a 6.5 out of 10.

UP NEXT - COULMBIA HARBOUR HOUSE

So after an amazing morning at MK we decided to grab lunch there before heading to the pool at our hotel (CBR) since the food court there has just disappointed us. So we grabbed a seat upstairs (a little less noisy) and here is what we filled our stomach's with:

DD had the Kids "Chicken Nuggets":

2150469310105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

DD enjoyed them!

DH got the "Fried Fish Basket":

2803090860105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

DH told me I had to try one......they were very good.

I got the "Anchors Aweigh Sandwich" :

2333024890105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

I ordered the tuna sandwich b/c there was really nothing else I liked on the menu and I was pleasantly surprised on how yummy this sandwich was. I would go back for another.

DH and I got the "Apple Crisp" for dessert:

2242756040105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

YUP, this is why I wanted to go to Columbia Habour House......it was so good. The perfect ending to a meal!

And here is DH just having some fun: :lmao:

2675910220105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

So we all enjoyed our meal.

I would give Columbia Harbour House an 8 out of 10 .

Up next Tutto Italia!

This is a wonderful thread!

Great pictures, great commentary! You are giving me ideas for my next trip!

Would you stay at CB again?

This is a wonderful thread!

Great pictures, great commentary! You are giving me ideas for my next trip!

Would you stay at CB again?

Thanks Snappy:)

I learned alot from reading other people's reviews so I thought I would share mine and it would help others!

I think CBR is a really nice resort if you are near Old Port Royale. We paid for the preferred room location and we were just next door to it (Martinique building 26). But our issue was that we had always done the Polynesian and its very different. Its hard to go from a deluxe to a moderate I find. If money is tight I would do CBR again, if it isn't I would go back to Poly. I have no complains about the actual resort just how long it takes to get anywhere and that is all because of teh bus system. Also the food court isn't the greatest and I missed the yummy sandwiches and chips at Poly, they were delicious!

I will try to post Tutto Italia tonight. Little sneak ..... it was delicious;)

I always have that sandwich at CHH, its lovely :thumbsup2

Yes, definately lovely! Not sure why but I was nervous when I ordered it. Thinking it cant possibly be fresh but it was very good! If you like tuna sandwiches you definately have to try this one. And the multi-grain bread really makes the sandwich even more delicious! ;)

Can't wait for more!popcorn::

I just came on to do Tutto Italia:thumbsup2 Thanks:)

We had never been to Tutto Italia, this was our first time so I was excited to try it out. I love trying new restaurants!

We checked in and the front was empty, only one other party waiting and we were called within 5 minutes......bonus......I love that! We were seated in the side dining room, its much smaller than the main one and it was a good thing b/c the main one was a bit noisy, they were busy but not packed.
Our waitress was very attentive and informative.

We were give a bread basket and olive oil first:

2640201750105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

The bread was yummy but the olive oil didn't cut it for me. Remember I'm Portuguese and we have really good olive oil and this one was not the high quality olive oil, big difference.

They also brought out an anitipasta/olive plate......sorry I took a pic after DH started eating it.....LOL.....so there are some olives missing, a half eaten pepper and probably something else missing....LOL:

2945910670105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

These were all yummy!

DH and I shared an appetizer, we ordered the Insalata Allo Scoglio , which is shrimp, scallops, octopus, calamari, celery, olives, lemon, Tuscan olive oil.

It was very good and we asked for more bread to eat it with, oh it tasted even better together with the yummy bread!

2919036190105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

DD ordered the mozzarella sticks for an appetizer and so sorry but I didn't get a chance to take a pic.....they were delicious, she loved them and DH and I tried it too......so yummy!

DD also ordered the Pizza:

2711595180105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

It is a large sized pizza for a 6 year old but she did eat it all. And she said it was very good. DH had a slice and agreed it was yummy!

DH ordered the Tortelli Di Vitello Al "Chianti, which is veal and Chianti ravioli, parmesan cheese, sage butter, roasted tomato:

2092586210105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

DH said it was good just not what he thought it was.

I ordered the Linguini Al Nero Di Seppia Con Gamberi , which is black squid linguine pasta, shrimp, spicy tomato sauce:

2744607160105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

I have always wanted to try black squid pasta so this was a great opportunity. It was very good and yes it was spicy!

Now for dessert (everyones favourite right). DD had the Spuma di Cioccolato which is Chocolate Mousse:

2650145990105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

She really really liked it, then she loves chocolate so it was perfect for her!

DH ordered the Gianduja - Chocolate Torta which is chocolate and hazelnut torte with whipped cream and raspberry sauce :

2915285330105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

He said it was very good.

I ordered the Copetta Sotto Bosco which is berries, zabaglione cream gelato and chocolate sauce:

2665298480105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

Woohoo it was very good.

We had a great meal at Tutto Italia, so good I thought of trying to book it again during our stay but then decided to keep my original schedule but Tutto Italia will definately be on my next ADR list for our next trip. I highly recommend this restaurant!

I give Tutto Italia a 9.5 out of 10.

Up next Chef Mickey breakfast. We do it every visit and we know the food isn't the greatest but the character interaction is always FANTASTIC

Thanks for the yummy reviews. We love CP & TI too. :lovestruc Can't wait for more.

So we always do Chef Mickey for breakfast, we did it once for dinner and it was beyond bad (the food that is). And I have to say the food at breakfast is not the greatest but its better than dinner and we go mainly for the characters. DD loves the whole Mickey gang and I find they are all very entertaining at Chef Mickey.
So our ressie was for 8:30am but somehow we got there at 8:00am....how I have no idea. We just caught the bus as soon as we got to the bus stop and then the monorail is always quick so I decided to check in anyways. I was given the beeper and then told to stand in line for our family picture and then we sat down. We sat and we sat! There were people that took their picture and their beeper went off right away. DH and I were getting so annoyed. I went up twice to ask them what was going on and apparently they set your seat when you first sign in and since that seat that was assigned to us took longer ALL these other people that came after us were getting in. Seriously I was about to leave or make a huge scene. Finally we were seated shortly after 9am.....I was so MAD:mad::mad::mad::mad:
We sat down and the waiter had the nerve to ask us how we were doing and DH told him how we were. He said some lame thing, I wasn't even listening!
So the characters started coming and they all were excellent, I then remembered why I still go to Chef Mickey!

So in all my anger I didn't take many pictures but here are two.

2958710190105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

The breakfast pizza (that egg, veggie thing on my plate) it was excellent! I am a big pastry nut so those were good! French toast was just ok! And yes I always have to have a Mickey waffle;)

2008313290105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

So as you see more pastries....LOL and some fruit!

I was also annoyed that we never got to see our picture. Since we waited so long, they must have thought they missed us.

So I am not impressed with Chef Mickey again so I honestly do not know if I would go back again!

I have to give Chef Mickey a 7 out of 10 because that wait is just terrible!

Up Next T-REX dinner!

That's a shame about Chef Mickey's--I've been actually thinking of changing my bkfst in December at CM to a lunch at CP.

Thanks for the review of Cape May--you never see them and I have reservations in Dec there, too.

We've never been to Chef Mickey's and I had a ressie for our November trip for dinner there. I had read so many bad things and read so many horrible reviews, that I cancelled it. We're going to the Wave instead:thumbsup2

Sorry you had a bad time:hug:

That's a shame about Chef Mickey's--I've been actually thinking of changing my bkfst in December at CM to a lunch at CP.

Thanks for the review of Cape May--you never see them and I have reservations in Dec there, too.

It is a shame about Chef Mickey but its such a nice place for the kids to see Mickey and the gang and the characters are all so good and interactive! Whoever Manages that restaurant needs a few lessons in how to run a restaurant. The characters is what's keeping that place busy!

Your welcome for Cape May. I know what you mean, when I was planning my ressies I kept looking for reviews on Cape May and they were difficult to find too!

We've never been to Chef Mickey's and I had a ressie for our November trip for dinner there. I had read so many bad things and read so many horrible reviews, that I cancelled it. We're going to the Wave instead:thumbsup2

Sorry you had a bad time:hug:

Let us know how the Wave is. I was thinking of going for this trip but it fell off the list because others kept going above it;)

Okay off to do the T-Rex review.

Okay so last year on our trip to WDW, we saw the spot for the new restaurant T-Rex, they were still building it and I said for sure we would try it on our next trip since DD is a bit into dinos.

Firstly to you all that want ressies for T-Rex, when I booked my ressies I also booked T-Rex and I got a terrible time, it was a late one, 7:45pm but I wanted an early dinner that day. Anywho I heard that you could call T-Rex directly and book a ressie and so I thought to do that to see if I could get a better time and it worked. I got my 5:45 pm like I wanted so if you want a T-Rex ressie call them directly!

Okay back to the review. So we had a 5:45 ressie and we went to DTD early to do some shopping but honestly the place was dead b/c it had just stopped raining............we were so luck......we got on the bus and it was dry, as soon as we got on it started pouring, when we got to DTD it stopped......the heavens were watching up that day (thank you up there)! So we did what we wanted and decided to do more after dinner so we thought to go ask if we could get in at 5pm (we hadn't really had lunch) so I asked and it was not a problem. I gave my name and waited about 15 mins (again that's not bad). We were seated and let me jsut say this place is very LOUD:scared1: But the atmosphere is really cool and DH took DD for a walk around and she really enjoyed it! They have a meteor shower every so many minutes that DD really enjoyed (she is all into astronomy and space) so that is really neat for a kid that likes that kind of stuff. I would say this is one of those places that you should do once.

Okay you all want to know about the food right, okay here you go.

So DH and I decided to order the Supersaurus Sampler . It consisted of Spinach and pepper jack queso with tortilla chips:

2770653940105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

These were yummy. DD really enjoyed them too!

Bruschetta:

2022867230105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

This was just ok, not a fan of the balsamic drizzled on top.

and T-Rexadillas and Onion Rings:

2698575540105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

Both were okay!

Okay seriously after this appetizer we were all stuffed:lmao: And let me tell you we both ordered very large dinner entrees....oh boy....I could already feel like I gained 5 lbs;)

Oh let me say one thing, our server was very good but about 1 minute after we received our appetizer they brought out our entrees.....oh was DH mad! He use to manager a high end restaurant in Toronto so knows all the dos and don;ts and that is a bit no no in his book. So it was two other servers that brought our food out and DH told them "no way", bring that back and get us new meals when we are done our appetizer. So our waitress came by and we told her and she said she was going to make sure it was no meals and not heated meals. A few minutes later the manager came and apologized and said they will be new meals. So we got our entrees after we finished our appetizers and DH had Boneyard Buffet : (chicken and ribs)

2611389370105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

He said they were one of the best ribs he has ever had.

I had the Woolly Mammoth Chicken :

2690336400105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

It was also yummy but I only ate half b/c I was soooooooo ofull !

DD had the chicken nuggets(I don't know what the actual name is):

2087784670105746604S600x600Q85.jpg

The apples were delicious!

So as you've guessed we did not have dessert, we were so stuffed there was no room but I did see that Chocolate Extinction come out over and over again. It looked delicious!

I was so glad we were in DTD and we were going to defiantely walk around and shop some more to work off all this food!

So I would give T-Rex a 8 out of 10 overall and I would say its definately a place to do once!

I hope this review helps people make their ressie decisions, I know how hard those decisions are some times! ;)

Up Next Cape May breakfast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter