"Babe, I Messed My Pants..." An Oct 2013 TR - FINAL UPDATE! Added 5/24

We loved LC way more than YSH! The filet at LC was AWESOME! YSH we shared our entree and they cut it in the back.. if they hadn't done that it may have been okay but the way they cut it my husband had all the fat and I had all the meat and I couldn't share it back to him because they fry their truffle fries in the same oil as calamari and some had touched my steak :(

Going there again with Brenda and Gang next month so hoping for a better experience!!

The varying degrees of satisfaction for Disney restaurants never ceases to amaze me! It's crazy how one person can have an incredible experience while someone else has a horrible one, at the same place! Hopefully your upcoming visit is better than your last! Are you allergic to mushrooms or just don't like them?

The varying degrees of satisfaction for Disney restaurants never ceases to amaze me! It's crazy how one person can have an incredible experience while someone else has a horrible one, at the same place! Hopefully your upcoming visit is better than your last! Are you allergic to mushrooms or just don't like them?

I LOVE mushrooms. My husband can't have seafood, or anything that has come into contact with seafood so places that fry calamari makes it so he can't have anything that is fried in the same oil.

I LOVE mushrooms. My husband can't have seafood, or anything that has come into contact with seafood so places that fry calamari makes it so he can't have anything that is fried in the same oil.

Ugh I am SO glad I don't have food allergies! I swear, I don't know how some people do it! Like the people who are allergic to gluten?! That's in basically everything! :confused3 I feel horrible because eating something they didn't prepare themselves is such a gamble! Literally, life or death for some people! I can't even imagine!

“Yeah, we totally went the wrong way…”

We got up at 8am on Tuesday morning and hit up The Mara around 9am. We both got the breakfast platter, which was eggs, a Mickey waffle, potatoes, a biscuit, sausage, and bacon.

Lumar decided that he wanted to get a refillable mug. I made him swear to use it every day or it wouldn’t be worth the almost $20 price tag. He promised he would get coffee in it every morning, so we went to check out.

Upon sitting down, and perusing the receipt I found that we didn’t actually get charged for the mug! And I made sure to say something to the CM too, to make sure she knew we had to pay for it… but she didn’t charge me!

Good thing too, because this is the one and only morning that Lumar used the darn thing!

We headed out and arrived at DHS around 10am. My intent was head to TSM and get FPs (later in the day was OK with as, as we didn’t really have a plan for the day), but we suddenly found ourselves staring at the Tower of Terror.

Me: “Uh…. Wait a minute….”

Lumar: “What the…? Wait, weren’t we supposed to be getting fast passes for Toy Story?”

Me: “Yeah, we totally went the wrong way.”

Lumar: “How did this happen?”

Me: “Force of habit, I guess?”

So we went and got FPs for RnRC instead. The return time, for which, was 3:45pm. The standby for ToT was 40 minutes so we decided to just walk around and enjoy being at DHS.

And ***SPOILER ALERT*** I actually took pictures! OK, they're PP pics but STILL!

We wandered over to Star Tours and this time, we go the pod racer scene! Woohoo! Love that one!

We stopped by The Art of Animation for a drawing class and we were so excited because the choices were Buzz Lightyear or Tinkerbell. We did Tinkerbell last year (and honestly, we’ve done this class so many times that there aren’t many characters in their repertoire that we haven’t done), so we really wanted Buzz. The teacher put it to a vote and Buzz lost by like 2 votes! Since we weren’t very excited, our drawings came out terrible. I don’t even know where they are right now.

After our class, we went downstairs for a meet and greet!

Wreck It Ralph and Vanellope!

The photographer noticed our “Just Engaged” buttons and put us in, what she called, “The Engagement Pose.” I guess because it shows off the ring?

But this quickly became my favorite picture. And I like the way I look in this pose so I tried to remember to use it at other PP locations.

Oh, and if you think you might want to do this meet and greet… don’t try to shake Ralph’s hand, or give him a high-five. His arms are really heavy and don’t do the motions very well.

It was about 1:30pm when we got out of there and we were getting hungry so we decided to walk back to the resort area and grab some lunch!

But we saw this PP spot on our way that morning, and decided to stop now that the line was gone.

The boat had just arrived, so instead of walking, we used that to get back to the resort area.

It was a little overcast but it didn’t actually rain, which was nice.

We finally made it to the Beach Club and didn’t have to wait at all for a table at.....

OK, I KNOW I took pictures of our food….and I KNOW that our server took a picture of US…. But I can’t find them anywhere! I have no idea what the heck is going on but I know I’m missing a bunch of….

*** Time Out***

I’m literally sitting here typing this, talking out loud to Lumar about all these pictures are mysteriously missing.

When, in the middle of a sentence, I remember that I started out this trip with a different memory card in my camera! I had to swap out to a bigger one a few days in, and when we got home and I loaded all of my pictures to photobucket, I completely forgot about the other memory card!

So I’m going to pause this update for now, get my picture situation handled, and finish up tomorrow!

Great start to this update, Ali.

Funny how our minds just have us go a certain direction even when we know we want to go another way.

I love the animation class and we are going to take Avery to it in a couple of weeks.

Love the "engagement pose"...very cute.

We LOVE Beaches & Cream.

I can't wait to see the food pictures.

Joining in! I am loving you report so far! Kind of on edge here to see those B&C pics….. :rotfl2:

Okay, so I am not a romantic-type person, not blown away by engagement stories, etc. - I mean, they are nice, I like the idea and all, just not super-excited about them. But I have to tell you, your engagement story is the Best Ever!!! I love the detailed set-up and how hilarious it was! It was perfect! I hope you felt the same way! :laughing: Congratulations!!!!! pixiedust:

Great start to this update, Ali.

Funny how our minds just have us go a certain direction even when we know we want to go another way.

I love the animation class and we are going to take Avery to it in a couple of weeks.

Love the "engagement pose"...very cute.

We LOVE Beaches & Cream.

I can't wait to see the food pictures.

I bet the looks on our faces when we realized where we'd ended up was priceless. I was so confused! :rotfl2:

I wish the art class would expand its repertoire a bit! I need more characters!

Joining in! I am loving you report so far! Kind of on edge here to see those B&C pics….. :rotfl2:

Okay, so I am not a romantic-type person, not blown away by engagement stories, etc. - I mean, they are nice, I like the idea and all, just not super-excited about them. But I have to tell you, your engagement story is the Best Ever!!! I love the detailed set-up and how hilarious it was! It was perfect! I hope you felt the same way! :laughing: Congratulations!!!!! pixiedust:

Aw! Thank you so much! Apparently, I had told him (in bits and pieces) what my idea of a perfect proposal was over the years! I knew I didn't want something "public," like on a Jumbo-Tron, or something. I didn't want him to get down on one knee... I didn't want a "cookie cutter" experience and the fact that I got basically exactly what I DID want, just makes a for a better (and more memorable) story! At the time, I was so floored by what was happening, that I couldn't comprehend anything else about it. But in retrospect, my reaction was definitely funny! Thank you so much for joining in!

So photobucket is being a total jerk today and it's literally taken me 3 hours to edit a handful of pics.

So before I do a full on update, this is a post of the pictures that I thought I'd lost!

As it turns out, I took quite a few pics at DHS our first day!

These are the breakfast sandwiches we had at The Mara. Mine is the one on the left on the croissant (again, really good...just cold :sad: )

When we were in MouseGear looking for mu Haunted Mansion Halloween Ears, Lumar suggested I get these instead:

:rolleyes2

I think this might be one of my favorite views in all of WDW:

The Cranberry Bog!

And in case you were wondering.....

Lumar holding Duffy for me while I put all of my stuff into my TuxedoSam purse:

As you'll recall, after Epcot, we stopped back at AKL.

Our nice little view of the Savanna:

Our Zonkey friends :lovestruc

Ankole Cattle:

I can't remember what this is but he's missing half an antler so I feel bad

The eland that I want to hug because his neck fur looks so fluffy!

The greatest curtains ever created (obviously):

Continued in next post......

I got a chocolate chip Mickey cookie from Scary Apothecary before we went into Fantasmic:

I nursed it for several days. It was delicious but way more than I could eat in one sitting.

Lumar had a caramel apple, also from Scary Apothecary:

After Fantasmic, we took our time leaving so that I could get some pictures without a whole bunch of people in them.

OK, so now that I'm all up to date on pics (I think), I'm off to bed! I'll hopefully be able to put in an actual update tomorrow night! I know you're all dying to see my Beaches and Cream pics... :rotfl2: Good night all!

I would have been so excited to draw Tinkerbell! I love that drawing class, I'm glad I just discovered it a few trips ago so most of the characters are still new to me! :rotfl:

Aww, Ralph and Vanellope are so cute! I love the engagement pose! :thumbsup2

Ok yeah, I am actually dying to see your Beaches and Cream pictures so lets get going with this next update...:wave2:

First, I've given up trying to edit photos on Photobucket. You get what I took! :lmao::lmao::lmao: Seriously, since they screwed that whole thing up, I've given up on trying to edit pictures.

You got some beautiful shots of the animals on the savannah, and some great shots of the Studios at night. I do love the Studios at night...it's just so pretty.

I also go certain ways within the parks out of habit too! Gotta be careful not to go on auto pilot. :rotfl:

I love your interlude on that update. *pause*

Beaches and Cream is one of my favorites! I can't wait to hear about it.

I would have been so excited to draw Tinkerbell! I love that drawing class, I'm glad I just discovered it a few trips ago so most of the characters are still new to me! :rotfl:

Aww, Ralph and Vanellope are so cute! I love the engagement pose! :thumbsup2

Ok yeah, I am actually dying to see your Beaches and Cream pictures so lets get going with this next update...:wave2:

We did Tink when we were there last summer and it was the first time we'd gotten to draw her, so mine came out pretty good! But I was so bummed that we DIDN'T get to draw Buzz that I just didn't really try. It wasn't so much that I didn't want Tink, I just really wanted Buzz!

I just feel terrible for Ralph because his arms are SO BIG! Like, he can't move around, at all. Poor guy :worried: They were fun though and the "Engagement Pose" became my favorite!

You just want to see the pics from The Beach Club! You don't actually care about the food! :rotfl2:

First, I've given up trying to edit photos on Photobucket. You get what I took! :lmao::lmao::lmao: Seriously, since they screwed that whole thing up, I've given up on trying to edit pictures.

You got some beautiful shots of the animals on the savannah, and some great shots of the Studios at night. I do love the Studios at night...it's just so pretty.

I had actual photo editing software on my computer that was fantastic. Then my antivirus (McAfee! :crazy2: ) ate my internet (literally, there was a bug in the update and it completely erased my internet driver, so my computer has been sitting in the corner, unused for a year now). When Photobucket first rolled out the changes to their site, I hated it. It's not so bad now that I've figure out how to use it, but it's still insanely slow! It just takes forever because you have to load a whole new page for every little thing! Thankfully, I have a really good camera so I don't have to do much but I need to resize them at least!

And thank you! I love taking pictures of animals! As I was sitting here looking through my DHS pics, I told Lumar that we need to stroll through the park at night more often! Usually, we're being herded out (moo! :rotfl2: ) after Fantasmic and we just leave! I'm so glad we didn't! The park is gorgeous at night! I can't wait until AK starts staying open late again, because it's beautiful there too, when it gets dark!

I also go certain ways within the parks out of habit too! Gotta be careful not to go on auto pilot. :rotfl:

I love your interlude on that update. *pause*

Beaches and Cream is one of my favorites! I can't wait to hear about it.

I think "auto pilot" is the main reason that so many seasoned Disney people miss so much! Like, we KNOW what's there, we KNOW that we want to do certain things...and then suddenly it's the end of our trip and we're like "why didn't we do that?!" I really think it's auto-pilot, now that I think about it! We just go down the paths that our brain was trained to go, when we were noobs and had to rush to certain attractions!

:rotfl2: I KNEW I was missing pictures, dang it! I'm just glad that I figured it out when I did!

Aw, I love the engagement pose! Sorry you had to draw Tink again though :(

Pirate Duffy :lovestruc what a cutie!

Can't wait to hear about Beaches & Cream! I love it there so much!

Aw, I love the engagement pose! Sorry you had to draw Tink again though :(

Pirate Duffy :lovestruc what a cutie!

Can't wait to hear about Beaches & Cream! I love it there so much!

Seriously, I bought 5 outfits for Duffy on this trip. I need help, I know.

I have to go grocery shopping tonight after work :scared: but hopefully I'll get to my update afterwards!

WARNING: Photobucket is, for some reason, displaying unedited, and unresized pictures. Hopefully it fixes itself within the next few minutes. So irritating!

“That Was SO Embarrassing!”

When we last left off, Lumar and I had just arrived at our lunch destination for the day; Beaches & Cream.

We didn’t even have to wait! We were brought inside and seated immediately.

Lumar ordered a burger:

I had a turkey club:

And our service, Maria, took our picture:

And I have no idea why I look like a crazy person. Seriously, probably one of the top 5 worst pictures of me, ever.

My turkey club was OK. Kind of dry. Lumar really liked his burger.

(I know, I should totally make a living off of my stellar food critiquing skills )

But the real reason we came all over to The Beach Club, was for dessert.

Seriously, who didn’t see that coming?

**Flashback**
Picture it. Me, early 90’s. Figure I’m probably around 10 years old or so.

Looking a little like this:

My mom used to take us all bowling on Friday nights and then we would stop for dinner and ice cream afterwards.
Well, for dessert, I ordered a sundae. Chocolate ice cream, hot fudge, whip cream, chocolate sprinkles. Sounds innocent enough, right?

Well, what the server failed to tell me, is that this seemingly innocent sundae was meant to be shared….

By four people.

And as she’s bringing it to our table, the other customers are marveling at the size of this sundae, and the server is pointing me out to them all saying “that little girl over there ordered it!”

Keep in mind, my brother, sister, and mom, had each ordered their own normal person sized sundaes.

I was so humiliated and embarrassed that I basically ate ice cream through tears. My brother at least tried to help me eat it after he ate his, but he was like 5 at the time so he couldn’t do much.

If given the opportunity, my sister and my mom will STILL make fun of me to this day for it.

**Present Day**
So Lumar and I placed our order for the No Way Jose, and I although the Monster Sundae memory popped into my head, I knew what I was getting into here so I wasn’t worried.

That’s when the lights dim, and a yellow light starts flashing, siren style. Then someone comes over a loudspeaker and starts making an announcement that I couldn’t really understand.

I started to panic, my memory of the giant ice cream sundae coming back full force.

And then I see that they’re bringing out The Kitchen Sink.

And thankfully, it WASN’T for me!

When the lights went back to normal, I was apparently still sitting there with a look of shock on my face. Lumar asked me what was wrong.

Me: “Oh. My. God. That was SO embarrassing!”
Lumar: “Ummm why? They’re having fun….”
So now I had to explain the story to him

And he laughed at me.

A good hearty laugh, at that.

But then we dug into our No Way, Jose and thoroughly enjoyed it. Even if we only made it halfway through.

The following was originally a picture of Lumar making a ridiculous face whilst looking at our ice cream sundae. I cropped the picture so it's JUST the ice cream, but some of you may see the original because Photobucket apparently has a "Do Whatever I Want Card". Sorry

After lunch, we headed back down to the boat dock.

We took the boat back to DHS, with every intention of using our FPs for RnRC.

But by the time we got back to the DHS boat dock, we were falling asleep and we knew we needed a nap!

So back to AKL we went!

Continued in next post ----->

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter