• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Babe, I Messed My Pants..." An Oct 2013 TR - FINAL UPDATE! Added 5/24

Ok--your breakfast pictures look so good! We've never been to kona but have an ADR there for our next trip in September. I made it but was thinking if we don't want to go over that morning, we'll just cancel. Now I SO don't think we'll be canceling. I all sounds so delicious! And any time spent at the poly is awesome! Someday we will stay there....someday!

We love the train! DH just loves them and our oldest just thinks they're awesome and I love to sit and see the whole park and our youngest....well, she just gets drug along because she's outvoted I guess! :laughing: don't worry though--she gets her way a lot since she's the youngest (just ask our oldest--can't tell you how many times I hear about unfair things are!). Anyway.....

Oh--you found the ring! We were looking for it but the line moved and we never made it over there. I'm finding it next trip!

Lol! The soap!

I like Lumar's mad hatter hat!

On our first trip with the girls we ordered room service pizza once. We used dining credits for it and the best I can say about it was the box was cute. It was not very tasty and not worth two credits but at least I didn't have to go get it and we had some dinner. Bright side, right? :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more!

Service is our issue at Kona. In fact because of it my husband has declared he is never eating there again :(

I'm glad the party upstairs wasn't too crazy. Sad for the little girl!

Room Service prices always scare me!

wow, $60 for room service is crazy expensive, even for Disney. Glad you enjoyed it though - the thought of having a glass of wine and just enjoying each others company after a full day is pretty nice sounding.

Your breakfast looked very good! Sad to hear all the reports about the Poly waterfall feature going away though ... so save those pictures! ;)

Fun update, Ali!

We LOVE Kona for breakfast (I hope they don't take it away with all they are doing at the Poly).

You got quite a bit accomplished during the morning at the MK. And I love Lumar's hat posing...nice job. :thumbsup2

$60 for pizza and wine? WOW! I won't eat Disney pizza to begin with, and I certainly wouldn't pay $60 for Disney or Florida pizza. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hi Ali - we have been away on Spring Break, so I’m just getting caught up.

I just read your April 8 update about your neighbor. What a nightmare and how terrifying! And then how hilarious with the birthday party note thing! WHAT IN THE WORLD is wrong with this woman?????

I’m so glad you had a great meal at VN, but how sad that Lumar messed his pants! :rotfl2:

Nice IllumiNations pics - wish I was there right now…..

Your Kona breakfast looks delicious!

Wow! You got some great pics of Splash! And super-cute picture of the two of you on the train.

The CHH lunches look delicious! Mmmmm

Sorry the room service meal wasn’t great, but I totally know what you mean about how pleasant it is to have that kind of peaceful meal sometimes even if it isn’t the greatest.

Ok--your breakfast pictures look so good! We've never been to kona but have an ADR there for our next trip in September. I made it but was thinking if we don't want to go over that morning, we'll just cancel. Now I SO don't think we'll be canceling. I all sounds so delicious! And any time spent at the poly is awesome! Someday we will stay there....someday!

We used to cancel breakfast ADRs all the time (before the fee and NOT by just not showing up...I always called!) but Kona was NEVER one of them. But I'm a sucker for anything sweet and Tonga Toast is my dream breakfast. I think I would eat it everyday if I worked in WDW!

We love the train! DH just loves them and our oldest just thinks they're awesome and I love to sit and see the whole park and our youngest....well, she just gets drug along because she's outvoted I guess! :laughing: don't worry though--she gets her way a lot since she's the youngest (just ask our oldest--can't tell you how many times I hear about unfair things are!). Anyway.....

We love riding the train! A few years ago, we literally just rode the train all the way around like 7 times. We were using it as a way to see what characters were out and about (because you know, the times guide is SO uncool...) but it was nice to not have anywhere to be and just ride around! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I remember when I was in that angsty teen phase, I legit had a fight with my mom that were ornaments on the Christmas tree with a picture of my brother and sister but not of me. And they were ornaments they had made themselves in school. I don't know what was wrong with me but I don't think I'll ever forget that one. My poor mom must have felt terrible at the time but I hope she laughs about it now!

Oh--you found the ring! We were looking for it but the line moved and we never made it over there. I'm finding it next trip!

Actually some girl in front of me found it and I just kind of went in on it lol It's on your right hand side on the other side of a chain, next to a trash can. I think it's the LAST right turn you make before heading inside.

Lol! The soap!

The soaps were hilarious! I wish I had taken more pictures of them!

I like Lumar's mad hatter hat!

He loves trying on hats! It makes for great scrapbooking! :lmao:

On our first trip with the girls we ordered room service pizza once. We used dining credits for it and the best I can say about it was the box was cute. It was not very tasty and not worth two credits but at least I didn't have to go get it and we had some dinner. Bright side, right? :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more!

Silver linings! It WAS really nice to just sit outside and enjoy the balcony. Despite the drizzle, it was a really nice night! Although I'd be inclined to just stop and get something to eat on the way back next time!

Service is our issue at Kona. In fact because of it my husband has declared he is never eating there again :(

Honestly, this was the first time we ever had a service issue and the guy was really doing the best he could under the circumstances. I work in customer service so I know what's like when someone calls out! Other than this though, we've never had a problem! Too bad hubby won't go back! I hope he changes his mind! :thumbsup2

I'm glad the party upstairs wasn't too crazy. Sad for the little girl!

I feel awful for her, because she's the only one to lose anything. And you should hear it up there right now...If I didn't know better, I'd think TONIGHT was the party! But honestly, who has a kids party at 6pm during the week? I don't have my own kids but I can't imagine wanting to throw a party or GO to one after I've worked all day! :confused3

Room Service prices always scare me!

I really didn't know what I was getting myself into. Had I known it would be so expensive, I would've stopped at the bakery for some sandwiches or something and bought a bottle of a wine in the gift shop. Probably would've be cost me a lot less! Lesson learned!

wow, $60 for room service is crazy expensive, even for Disney. Glad you enjoyed it though - the thought of having a glass of wine and just enjoying each others company after a full day is pretty nice sounding.

In the end, it was worth it just to be able to sit out there and enjoy the peace and quiet. We always complain that we never spend enough time at the resort and we really made it a point to do that on this trip.

Your breakfast looked very good! Sad to hear all the reports about the Poly waterfall feature going away though ... so save those pictures! ;)

You know, I actually follow The Poly construction thread and I never check it so I have no idea WHAT is going on over there! All I know is that maybe I can ACTUALLY afford to stay there one day soon since they're adding DVC rooms! :rotfl2:

Fun update, Ali!

Thanks, Kat!

We LOVE Kona for breakfast (I hope they don't take it away with all they are doing at the Poly).

I hadn't even thought of that! :scared1: I expect it to close for a bit while they redo the GCH but I haven't heard anything about it closing permanently so here's hoping!

You got quite a bit accomplished during the morning at the MK. And I love Lumar's hat posing...nice job. :thumbsup2

He tries to make Mark proud! :rotfl2:

$60 for pizza and wine? WOW! I won't eat Disney pizza to begin with, and I certainly wouldn't pay $60 for Disney or Florida pizza. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Part of me wishes I just bought the wine! Would've been way more worth it! :lmao:

Hi Ali - we have been away on Spring Break, so I’m just getting caught up.

No worries! I'm trying to get caught up on everyone's TRs and I haven't been anywhere so I don't have an excuse for being behind! Hope you had fun!!

I just read your April 8 update about your neighbor. What a nightmare and how terrifying! And then how hilarious with the birthday party note thing! WHAT IN THE WORLD is wrong with this woman?????

Beats me! She's just plain old crazy!

I’m so glad you had a great meal at VN, but how sad that Lumar messed his pants! :rotfl2:

He's so dramatic! :rolleyes2

Nice IllumiNations pics - wish I was there right now…..

You and me both! Some Illuminations, some Rose & Crown...
:cloud9:

Your Kona breakfast looks delicious!

It was! I love love love Kona!

Wow! You got some great pics of Splash! And super-cute picture of the two of you on the train.

Thanks! I decided I was going to stop being a wimp about using my camera! I was petrified of getting it wet but I went for it anyway and it worked out!

The CHH lunches look delicious! Mmmmm

I always get the fish and fries (let's face it, they're not really "chips" :rotfl2: ) but I might branch out next time we go...everything on the menu sounds so good!

Sorry the room service meal wasn’t great, but I totally know what you mean about how pleasant it is to have that kind of peaceful meal sometimes even if it isn’t the greatest.

Exactly! The whole experience of just sitting there with the peace and quiet made it all worth it!

Yay Tonga Toast!! I lurve it! I plan on having it atleast twice when we go in October.

I love that soap! I will need to see if I pick one up for my nephews who will find it hilarious (we're canadians)

I will also need to go back and reread your MK post for the sorcerer s of the magic kingdom cause I really want to play it and I know the BF will be into too(but don't want it to consume all our park time!)

Oh man, I'm gonna be so sad when your TR is over :sad: I've loved reading it!

Yay Tonga Toast!! I lurve it! I plan on having it atleast twice when we go in October.

I love that soap! I will need to see if I pick one up for my nephews who will find it hilarious (we're canadians)

I will also need to go back and reread your MK post for the sorcerer s of the magic kingdom cause I really want to play it and I know the BF will be into too(but don't want it to consume all our park time!)

It definitely has the potential to be time consuming! We spent a few hours doing it and called it quits, but it IS fun!

Oh man, I'm gonna be so sad when your TR is over :sad: I've loved reading it!

Aww thanks! I really enjoyed writing this one because it was such an amazing trip! I like reliving it!

Haha, I have no notes for the last day of our trip, so my updates for that day are going to be awful. :confused3 Oh wait, I think I have the morning. But nothing for MVMCP. I can't even remember what we did that night. Oh well!

Yum, Kona! I have to make an ADR there, I have no idea where we will be on what days though!! And I want to go to the Grand Floridian Cafe...ugh I don't know what to do. :scared1:

Yum, I love Columbia Harbor House! I love the theme in there, it reminds me of the old restaurant that Brandon and I love in Boston!

I think that pizza you got for room service looks SOOOO good, but I'm one of those freaks who actually likes Disney pizza. Like I would LOVE some Pizza Planet pizza right now, even more than I'd love Via Napoli pizza. That's why I don't get the whole obsession with Pepe's and Sally's around here...yeah it's good, but sometimes crappy pizza is just as good. :thumbsup2

I think that pizza you got for room service looks SOOOO good, but I'm one of those freaks who actually likes Disney pizza. Like I would LOVE some Pizza Planet pizza right now, even more than I'd love Via Napoli pizza. That's why I don't get the whole obsession with Pepe's and Sally's around here...yeah it's good, but sometimes crappy pizza is just as good. :thumbsup2

OK the Pizza Planet pizza...Pizzafari Pizza...THOSE are good. I really like those. The RESORT pizzas are TERRIBLE. This is the 2nd time EVER that we've ordered room service pizza (once before was at ASMo). It's NOT the same as the Pizza Planet type pizza... I don't know what the difference is but just trust me... the room service pizza is sucky!

"Just (about) Married"​

Today was our 2nd to last day in WDW and it was a resort day! I wanted to be able to sleep in a little bit.....

And then this happened.....

(Click to play)

It was 7:32am

I tried to ignore it and go back to sleep but that was LITERALLY right under our balcony. AGAIN. I mean, seriously, how fast can the hedges possible grow? You JUST trimmed them a few days ago!

We were up and out the door by 9am. I intentionally made breakfast reservations for late in the morning, thinking we would sleep a little later than usual, but instead we decided to just head over to our destination and take our time getting there.

We made the slow walk down to the end of the Boardwalk and around the lake until we finally saw this:

I swore I took more pics at The Beach Club but they don't appear to be saved in Photobucket so I don't know where they went!

Our breakfast ADR was for Cape May, a new place for us and we were really excited to give it a try!

We checked in and even though we were pretty early, we were seated within 5 minutes.

We were seated in a big booth with a family from the UK at the table next to us.

The first character to come by was Donald and he seemed a little less than enthusiastic this morning. He literally just walked by our table and waved, and only came back because I asked him if we could take pictures!

Minnie was next, and then nice people at the table next to us helped out with taking pictures for me!

After Minnie, the characters all took a break so we used that as our opportunity to go get some breakfast!

Goofy came around while we were eating!

And then our server came out with a little surprise for us!

She had noticed our Just Engaged buttons and brought us a little cupcake (which I think I had one or two bites of), and she made this cute little poster for us....

But between our table and the back room she forgot that we were "Just Engaged" and wrote "Just Married" on the sign!

When she realized the mistake, she changed it to "Just (about) Married," which was a nice save!

The family next to us all signed it!

And when our server brought us the check, she gave us "Happy Anniversary" buttons..... I guess it was a really hectic morning for her!

So as far as Cape May is concerned.... It was "eh" for us. I think they have a really good selection of food, but I'm still partial to Ohana because the food is brought out to you and you don't have to get up and stand in line.

Which brings me to another point.... the stupid syrup pumps are ALWAYS empty and ALWAYS covered in syrup, because apparently, people don't know how to pump condiments into a little bowl without getting it all over the machine. There were people standing at the pump waiting for the little teeny bit of syrup left to slooooowly trickle out.... Finally I just asked a CM if they could refill it and he did right then and there. Problem solved! But there was still syrup everywhere and it was totally gross.

We headed back to the Boardwalk and gathered up our laundry, then headed down to the pool so area.

The quiet pool area.

Because the giant clown at the main pool is absolutely terrifying.

True story.

It took until 3:30 to get the laundry and by then, we were getting hungry again.

The problem was, our dinner reservation was scheduled for 6:15pm. If we ate now, we wouldn't be hungry again in time for our ADR. So using the awesomely awesome MDE app, I changed our dinner ADR to 9:15pm, and we skipped back over to the Beach Club.

For another lunch at Beaches and Cream!

I went with the club sandwich again:

And Lumar had the Grown Up Grilled Cheese, which he said was amazing.

As soon as I saw it, I wished I gotten it, too!

For some reason, our service was super slow this day! We both ordered ice cream and it took 15 minutes to come out....then another 15 minutes for our check to come! Not that we had anywhere to be, but I just hate sitting around in a restaurant....it irritates the heck out of me! When I'm done eating, I want to leave!

I stopped taking notes at this point in the day so I have no idea what happened next. But I think that this was the day/time that Lumar embarrassed the you-know-what out of me!

We went back to the Boardwalk to get the backpack and as we're standing in the elevator lobby, he farts. :sad2:

Most of the time, he does it on purpose because he knows it embarrasses me. So I had been pleading with him the whole trip to stop because one of these times, someone was going to hear him.

So he does it again and I just give him the stone-face. He starts giggling, then does it again.....

Just as a man is coming out of the elevator! :scared1:

First of all....it was loud.

Second of all..... Lumar is lactose intolerant and he just had a grilled cheese sandwich and ice cream. :faint:

The man came off the elevator, and I could tell by the look on his face that not only did he HEAR it, but he then proceeded to walk THROUGH it.

I almost died.

I seriously cried the whole way back to the room because I was SO embarrassed. Not to mention upset because I'd been asking him the whole trip to stop and wouldn't. He apologized through fits of hysterical laughter for the rest of the night.

My face finally down to only 3 shades of red instead of the 12 it had been in the elevator lobby, we packed up and headed off to the bus stop.

We shopped around DTD for a few hours, mostly just pin trading.

When it was finally dinner time, we excitedly made our way over to the West Side!

We were finally eating at Raglan Road! It was pretty dark in there, so my pictures didn't come out so great!

I have no idea what my drink was called, but I know it was their version of a Long Island Iced Tea. And it was freaking awesome.

Lumar had a Guinness :rolleyes:

For dinner, Lumar ordered the Braised Beef:

And I had the fish and chips:

We enjoyed listening to the band for a little while....

But then it was time for the real fun!

(click to play!)

For dessert we ordered the Bread & Butter Pudding which was fantastically good

Lumar ordered a specialty coffee but I can't remember what it was:

This whole night was SO MUCH FUN! I would go back to Raglan Road again half a heartbeat! Definitely one of the highlights of our trip!

After dinner, we hopped on a bus back to the hotel, but it was going to the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and THEN the Boarwalk! We got off at the Yacht Club and walked to the BWV!

Up next: Our LAST day!

Oh man!!! That is pretty morbidly embarrassing! My DBF will sometimes let one go in public areas but its silent. And you know if anyone else is around I just repeat to myself "Whoever smelt it, dealt it" lol. Still I totally feel for you :hug:!!!

lol! "Just (about) Married" love it! Any thoughts on a Disney wedding or Disneymoon?

Raglan Road hasn't really interested me before but I'm now going to keep it in mind for DTD day. Looks and sounds like a great time!

"I Just Can't Eat Anymore!"​

It was our last full day in WDW and I had two goals:

1) Eat as much as possible at the F & W Festival booths. We always go down to WDW for F & W and then never eat at any of the booths! I made ZERO ressies for this day, just so we could eat at as many booths as possible.

2) Meet Jack and Sally at MNSSHP. Since we had that outrageous debacle at our first Halloween Party, I made it clear that if we did NOTHING else, this was the one thing I wanted to accomplish.

So we headed to the BW Bakery from some breakfast sandwiches (I can't eat non-breakfasty foods for breakfast...makes me super grumpy. Don't know why!), then headed over to Epcot.

We stopped in FW first for a ride through of SE.

When we reached the "Remember how easy it was to learn your ABCs?" part, the ride stopped.

And stayed stopped for ten minutes. Seriously. I timed it.

Next we hit up Soarin' with our FP+ (FPs were gone by the time we got there and the wait was 100 minutes!)

We tried to head over to Test Track, since we had yet to ride the new version, but the FPs were gone and the wait was 40 minutes. Not happening.

It was a little chilly this morning, so I stopped into MouseGear for a sweatshirt but couldn't find one that I liked enough to spend $50 on.

So we kept it moving and soon enough, arrived at World Showcase!

Our first stop was Terra, a booth with all vegan items!

We tried the Chili Colorado with house-made chips and cashew cheese:

And the Chocolate Cake with Coconut Mousse and Passion Fruit Sauce:

I don't remember jack squat about the chili. But the cake?

A-MAZING. Seriously!!! SOOOOOOO good!!!!! That passion fruit sauce was the business, my friends! So delicious, I would have gone back for another one if the line was shorter.

Next up was Brazil, where we wanted to try the Crispy Pork Belly with black beans, onions, avocado, and cilantro:

This was pretty good but it repeated me on a few times throughout the day. Pork has a tendency of doing that to me, though.

Next was Argentina. We tried the Beef Empanada and the Grilled Beef Skewer with chimichurri sauce and boniato puree.

The empanada was disappointing. It was very bland, in our opinions (but Lumar is from Puerto Rico and I learned how to make empanadas from his family so we're probably considered empanada snobs).

Neither of us remember anything about the skewer so it wasn't memorable one way or the other.

Next was one I was REALLY looking forward to.... Australia!

Lumar wasn't interested in anything here so I got the Garlic Shrimp with roasted tomatoes, lemon myrtle, and rapini:

This was GREAT! The shrimp was SO delicious! A big old thumbs here!

The line at the Mexico booth was long so we skipped ahead a little bit and stopped at the Africa booth for Barbere Style Beef with onions, jalapenos, tomato, okra, and pap.

I remember that neither of us liked this but I think it's just a matter of taste. The beef was cooked just fine...just not for us.

We stopped back in Mexico where Lumar tried the Taco de Ribeye with salsa de chipotle:

This one was also quite yummy!

Some pics from Mexico:

We decided to take a break and headed into Norway for some Viking action.

While we're standing in line, I notice something a bit odd.... and clearly I wasn't the only one who noticed....

That girl facing the camera.... I think she sees it too...

I turn to Lumar and quietly mention it to him under my breath. We board our boat and enjoy the ride....

But see it again in the gift shop.

That can't REALLY be....? Can it??

Well, yes..... Yes that IS a dog. This woman is walking around Disney with a Yorkie.

Continued in next post....

After an interesting adventure through Norway, we continued to stuff our faces.

China was next with Chicken Potstickers, which were superb. I would've eaten an entire meal of these:

I don't know what kind of sauce they used but it was really tasty!

After our dairy-fueled embarrassment the day before.... I forced Lumar to skip the cheese booth....

Next was Poland! Which is probably one of my favorite booths of all time. Because even though we hardly ever eat at the F & W Festival.... the Poland booth is one of the few that we HAVE tried in the past and it never disappoints!

We split an order of Kielbasa with a Potato Pierogi with caramelized onions and sour cream.

Just so we're clear....I ate the sour cream.

I also ordered a glass of the Temptation Zinfandel. I never, ever, ever, drink red wine.... but this was DELISH! Very fruity and I loved it!

It was at this point, that I turned to Lumar and asked what he wanted to eat next.

He turned and kind of looked around, confused. Then said, with a terribly sad look on face:

"I'm sorry but.... I just can't eat anymore!"

I was a little bummed but I was no where near ready to quit so we kept walking.

I stopped in Italy for a Cannoli al Cioccolato and I basically inhaled it, it was so flippin' good!

We stopped in the American Adventure for a potty break...

And so that I could try lobster for the first time ever in my entire life:

The Lobster Roll with lemon herb mayonnaise and a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat....

The lobster roll was delicious and I crave them constantly now. I really wanted to like the beer but I am NOT a beer drinker...at all! And this one just didn't appeal to me at all. The only beer I've ever been able to really drink is Red's Apple Ale, if that tells you anything. Which I'm sure it does.

By now we were just about stuffed but I knew there were three more things I wanted before we left.

First, we headed back to Italy....

And as tempted as I was to get another cannoli.... that wasn't the purpose of this visit.

It was actually for this:

Wonderfully delicious chocolate gelato. All for me!

We headed back to the entrance of World Showcase and made our last stop at the Refreshment Port, for some Dole Pineapple Fritters, and of course, the Frozen Dragon Berry Colada.

The fritters were all Lumar....I'm not a huge pineapple fan. But that colada? Ummmm yes please!

We headed out of Epcot for the last time, staving off tears as we headed for the Boardwalk through the International Gateway.

Up next: Our last Halloween Party!

Oh man, I'm so hungry now! Looks like you did a fantastic job of getting in as many booths as you could! As sad as it is it is a great way to cap off a Disney trip!

Can not wait to see if you meet Jack and Sally!!

oh my gosh---the food pictures are making me SSSOOOOO hungry! and that dragon berry colada.....I don't even know what a dragon berry is, but I would so stick my face right in that glass! looks delicious!

your adventure with the waitress made me laugh. I know time flies at Disney, but it was amazing how you all went from engaged to married to celebrating an anniversary so quickly! :rotfl2:

I loved the step dancing video at raglan road. our oldest used to take lessons, but it just wasn't for her. if I was the least bit coordinated, i'd learn myself, but that would not end well, i'm sure!

can't wait to hear about the party! we're going for the first time this September and i'm so eXCiTeD!!!!

oh, forgot....whaaaaaat's with that dog? i'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say it's a companion animal for anxiety reduction. right? cuz otherwise, that's strange.....I mean, I love my dog too, but not enough to bring her to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter