B&P's VR 11/10/2012 UK/AAP/UKDP Day 1 Arrival & Epcot 6/10

Hi, Bethie!

Coming out of lurkdom....I LOVE your plans and cannot wait to see how everything turns out!

I adore looking at planning journals, even as a happily married lady, and I have my fingers crossed we will get to hear all about everything when you get back!

Have a Great day!

Jaime

OMG! didn't even finish reading the update because, your pink David bridal dress is the dress I am leaning toward wearing for our VR! how funny is that? I LOVE that dress, but haven't tried it on yet. It looks very pretty on you. We should ask if we can get a 2/1 discount.:rotfl2:

I also love Pretty Woman. And that dress looks just like the one she wore for the Polo match! Awesome!! Can't wait to see the hat!!

Now back to reading your update.:lmao:

Okay, I finished reading your update. I love the isodora dress. Wearing THAT dress would be the only reason I would make our VR more formal. I am absolutely in love with it. You look absolutely beatuiful in it!

I am sorry to hear you have so many issues with your feet. Lahey is so good. so many wonderful doctors. I pray all will be good for you and you will get results that erase or at least ease your discomfort/pain.

Enjoy the remainder of this wet weekend. Good luck getting things done.

Dee,

Thanks once again for all your very kind words. I can't wait to meet in November. Hope all is well with you.

That's too funny that we keep looking at the same dresses. I randomly found it, so it made me very happy.

I got early photos of the hat and it is amazing! It shipped today so I should have it soon. :cool1:

Ortho appointment tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Bethie,
I am sorry about your feet but those sequined sneakers are about the cutest things I have ever seen. I know many brides would prefer to wear those instead of 3" heels that look elegant and hurt after the first few steps.

Your dresses all look beautiful and the work you have put into your VR is amazing. I bet planning it was a ton of work but also a lot of fun.

Not too much longer now--enjoy the rest of the journey!
Best,
Rebecca

Thanks, Rebecca!

I love the sneakers. I would have loved to have done something like that the first time around, but my Nana would have disowned me. :lmao: And she meant it! The comfy shoes are a must for me! Just glad I found really pretty ones.

I have had a ton of fun doing all this stuff. I am not typically very crafty, but I think I may do a little bit more from now on. I will definitely be scrapbooking the whole thing. :scratchin

I LOVE all of the dresses! You look amazing in them!

Thanks, Andrea! I hope we get to meet up when I am there! Would love to meet you.

What an excellent update!

Thank you for still following along!

Look at all the photos I've missed!! I love your photo book, all the dresses, and your super comfy shoes!!!! Your day is coming up so quickly and I hope we'll be able to meet up!!

Deena,

You have had alot going on recently, so I will forgive you. :lmao: Thanks for catching up! We will definitely meet up while I am there. We have 12 days to figure it out. Hopefully, the Big River Grille works out on the 8th.

Girl, I am loving the sparkly shoes! So jealous! We're all wearing red chucks and considering my to-do list and all that's still not crossed off, I'm okay with that!

Here's to rolling into the final days of planning before the big events!!!!

YAY!!!!!

Thanks Juli! Can't believe that we are both right around the corner from our events. Wow!

Hope your list is getting smaller! Can't wait to see all your pics.

Hi, Bethie!

Coming out of lurkdom....I LOVE your plans and cannot wait to see how everything turns out!

I adore looking at planning journals, even as a happily married lady, and I have my fingers crossed we will get to hear all about everything when you get back!

Have a Great day!

Jaime

Thank you so much coming out of hiding! I will definitely post all about it when we return.

Your dress is beautiful and I love the sneakers....can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Thank you so much! It's almost here!!!

Wow! 4 weeks from tonight we will be in Orlando having dinner at Coral Reef with Amanda and her husband. Can't believe we are that close!

Knocked a lot of stuff off the list recently, I am definitely on track to be done early and have everything shipped out before Halloween. :cool1:pixiedust:

One of the things I have knocked off are some postcards for the welcome bags. Another bride on the facebook group something similar and I just loved them. I modified them to make them more us and came up with "Wish Postcards"

We couldn't decide on which photo to use for the front, so we made 2 versions.

9962577B.jpg

EAA0FCE8.jpg

Here is the back

FA11B659.jpg

I also picked up the t-shirts that we are giving our guests in their welcome bags. I got everyone's size on the pre-rsvp, but order a couple extra in each size just in case someone needs to change. We are also bringing one to the reception for people to sign.

Front...
A8464EA4.jpg

Back...
D7C900CB.jpg

I have decided that etsy is the best and worst thing in the world for brides. There is so much there that suddenly I need! Like these babies....they are for the reception and then the dessert party. I absolutely love them!

99C40BA4.jpg

2BCE4236.jpg

E947AB91.jpg

We also decided to tackle making Bride and Groom baseball hats with ears. We followed lurkyloo's instructions and CityGirl's great advice on the badge magic and gave it a whirl. I found a seller on etsy who could embroider the hats with the Disney font and we got a regular set of ears for Paul and I got the bridal ears that are the hat, not the headband. It took us about an hour, but we really like what we came up with.

2FDC340A.jpg

Here is me doing my Princess wave...

014F22A4.jpg

Paul doing something weird...

9808685E.jpg

Friday is our actual 10th anniversary. We are headed down to Washington, DC on Wednesday to celebrate. We have high tea booked at the Mandarin Oriental and dinner at the Capital Grille on Friday. Very excited. Won't be able to do as much as I hoped due to the foot, but we have been many times before, so it's all good. We are meeting up with some other DisBrides and their DF's on Sunday and I am really looking forward to that.

More updates coming soon.....Thanks for continuing to follow along

The postcards are so cute. I hadn't seen these before. Also, love the baseball caps. Are the etsy purchase mini flags for guest to wave when you are departing after the VR? At first I thought they were pixie sticks. Shirt colors are awesome too. That was alot of work I bet!

Happy Anniversary!! (a little early) I hope you have a very romantic wonderful weekend in DC. The foliage should be beautiful! Would love to see pictures when you get back.

Bethie, I just had to edit to add.... I was showing DH this update (pushing for baseball mickey caps) his response? Oh, yeah, cool. But...no... she is wearing a Jets shirt. I calmly scrolled down to show him Paul. funny. Then my son walked in, so I showed him. (asked him if he would make them for us. hehehe). His response? " WAIT, Mom, she's wearing a JETS jersey" ! hahaha DH & I both started laughing. Just thought you'd get a kick out of that.

The postcards are AWESOME!!!! I wish I had time to steal the idea! As it is I'm running out of time to finish the stuff I've already got planned!

I can't believe we're getting so close!!!!!

Bethie!!

I MEET YOU SOON!

I can't wait.

Anyway, everything looks amazing! I can't believe how close you are!!

OMG, love love love the postcards! I may have to steal that idea..... :ssst:

I also really like the hats, they came out really great. :)

Thanks, Andrea! I hope we get to meet up when I am there! Would love to meet you.

Definitely! I would love to meet you too! Just let me know whenever is going to work best for you!

Also, I love your updates. The postcards are such a cute idea! I wish I had thought of that! And I love the tshirts and hats...the hats look like too much work for me but they turned out so cute!

SOooo close now!

The postcards are so cute. I hadn't seen these before. Also, love the baseball caps. Are the etsy purchase mini flags for guest to wave when you are departing after the VR? At first I thought they were pixie sticks. Shirt colors are awesome too. That was alot of work I bet!

Happy Anniversary!! (a little early) I hope you have a very romantic wonderful weekend in DC. The foliage should be beautiful! Would love to see pictures when you get back.

Bethie, I just had to edit to add.... I was showing DH this update (pushing for baseball mickey caps) his response? Oh, yeah, cool. But...no... she is wearing a Jets shirt. I calmly scrolled down to show him Paul. funny. Then my son walked in, so I showed him. (asked him if he would make them for us. hehehe). His response? " WAIT, Mom, she's wearing a JETS jersey" ! hahaha DH & I both started laughing. Just thought you'd get a kick out of that.

Thanks, Dee. I really love how the postcards came out. They were a pain at times, but worth it when they were done. :) The flags are actually on straws for the drinks. I thought they were really different.

DC has been great. I will definitely post some pics when we get back. Anniversary is going well so far. Room service breakfast, high tea this afternoon and dinner at the Capital Grille tonight. And hopefully a Cardinals win over the Nats.

Love the story about my Jets attire. That's awesome!!! Is he going to make the hats???

Can't wait to meet you in a few weeks. Hope all is well.

The postcards are AWESOME!!!! I wish I had time to steal the idea! As it is I'm running out of time to finish the stuff I've already got planned!

I can't believe we're getting so close!!!!!

Thank you, Juli! I can't believe we are this close either. I freaked out a bit when I noticed today that my countdown no longer has months on it! Crap!!!

Sorry, should have posted the post cards earlier! :rotfl:

Bethie!!

I MEET YOU SOON!

I can't wait.

Anyway, everything looks amazing! I can't believe how close you are!!

Can't wait till Sunday! So looking forward to meeting you.

Just 2 more days!

OMG, love love love the postcards! I may have to steal that idea..... :ssst:

I also really like the hats, they came out really great. :)

Thanks so much! I am happy to be getting down to the last bit.

Definitely! I would love to meet you too! Just let me know whenever is going to work best for you!

Also, I love your updates. The postcards are such a cute idea! I wish I had thought of that! And I love the tshirts and hats...the hats look like too much work for me but they turned out so cute!

SOooo close now!

Thanks, Andrea. We are there from 11/5 to 11/17, so I am sure we will find something. Can't wait to meet you!

Glad you are having a nice anniversary! Sounds wonderful. :)

I don't know if he will make the hats or not. We'll see.

I just posted a thread, but if you don't mind... donut flambe... cinnamon or glazed? Yours at the tasting looked so delicious! thanks.

4 weeks from tomorrow! YAY! Can you believe it. I still haven't finalized my DP menu. My poor planner, but she is soooo patient with me. I can't imagine what I would be like planning all you have going on! Probably something like this...
:faint:

I hope you continue to enjoy DC!pixiedust: Happy Anniversary!

Bethie, it has been way too long since I've checked in here! But everything you're doing looks amazing. You have so many good ideas and great projects. Your guests are so spoiled and lucky, I'm totally jealous! Also, Etsy was still relatively unknown when I was wedding planning (at least, I didn't know about it). I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing - I probably would've found plenty of cool stuff but spent a lot more money!

You are getting so close now, I'm so excited for you! Less than a month!

Oh my Gosh..... THIS WEEK!!!!

I just reviewed your posts to see when you leave..... TODAY???? DO YOU REALLY LEAVE TODAY? How awesome! AND you will depart before the next NE storm. Wish I could say the same. Looking forward to seeing you in a few days. :)

Hi, Bethie!

I am guessing your wonderful weekend is off to a bang - I hope that your day tomorrow is everything you have hoped it will be!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Jaime

Bethie,
Wishing you and Paul all of the happiness your hearts can hold. Your extensive planning, researching and hard work has paid off and now it is time for you to ENJOY yourselves and celebrate.
Best,
Rebecca

Bethie it was so awesome meeting you! Can't wait to see the pictures from the VR and the entire trip! Thanks for shouting Hi at the DP!!!!

We are back!!!! Thanks everyone for the good wishes. We had an amazing time. Had a couple of bumps (mostly guest related, which I will talk about when I get to those parts), but overall it was everything we wanted. Most of our guests are asking when we are doing it again. :) We are already thinking 15, maybe 20. :rotfl:

I am still waiting for all the professional pictures, including our last minute MK shoot. (Big thanks to Dara at DPS for making it possible!) I might start my trip report before I get them, since we were there for 4 days ahead of time. I still have to upload our photos, but hopefully will be getting to it soon. We also took advantage of PhotoPass and got the CD, so I have those too.

I do have a sneak peek from our VR day from DPS and our shoot with Regina. We love both of them!!! Can't wait to see the rest.

splandryvrjpg.jpg

BethandPaulSneakPeek.jpg

Be back soon with an update. I still have some items that never got posted before our event, so I will get those up too, since I love them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter