[b]june 1, 2013 magic med 7 day[/b]

ramadden13 said:
Today my mom, sister, and I decided to do the EBTA instead of flying over to Barcelona. We love sea days so the rather bland itinerary isn't a problem for us. Anyone else doing this option or done an EBTA before and can comment on it? I really need to set down the time to read through this whole thread, feel like I'm jumping very late into the party.

We'll be on the EBTA too as will several others here. We've never done an EBTA before but also love the sea days....for us it's not necessarily about the Ports, it's about being on a Disney ship !

Glad to have you...cya real soon!

Beverly

What were you trying to do on the Vistaprint site? I'll be happy to try and help. Feel free to send me an e-mail. Where are you located? We could also talk on the phone or by Skype, if need be.

Val

Thanks Val!! I just wanted to save the largest rez files I could for printing magnets here at home to bring on the cruise.

Thanks Val!! I just wanted to save the largest rez files I could for printing magnets here at home to bring on the cruise.

I would take the images from the Flicker file. You can select the size you want in Flicker too. But I can also e-mail you an image with as large a resolution as you want. Or, any other photosharing file you want.

Val

So, is there a DISMeet scheduled for the first day somewhere/some time? I checked the website but nothing there....

Just wonderin' ........

Beverly

Hi there Med cruisers...I'm sure everyone's been doing alot of research/planning but I thought I'd share some links. These were discussed today in the Med Planning 2013 thread I started a while back. Hope this info helps out some folks.

***For anyone who is interested, the Colosseum has released the availability for the "Underground Tour" which allows you to tour the lower level of the Colosseum. We're super excited about this, since when I visited in 2006, this was not yet open to the public.

Tickets + tours are available to be booked here online (make sure you click Collect on site). With advance tix purchase you get to skip the lines. The tour offered by the Colosseum is alot cheaper than the private company options, and includes the combo entry ticket.

http://www.ticketclic.it/gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

***For anyone else looking, I found the Civitavecchia Port schedule here to determine how many other ships are in town on Rome day. This helped us decide whether or not to take the train back from S. Pietro (we opted not to since there are 4 ships in port on our Rome day):

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/I...ome/June_2013/

Nzdisneymom posted a link for trail open at Cinque Terre.
http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_parco.asp The red dots are the trails that are currently closed.

HTH! :goodvibes

Hi there Med cruisers...I'm sure everyone's been doing alot of research/planning but I thought I'd share some links. These were discussed today in the Med Planning 2013 thread I started a while back. Hope this info helps out some folks.

***For anyone who is interested, the Colosseum has released the availability for the "Underground Tour" which allows you to tour the lower level of the Colosseum. We're super excited about this, since when I visited in 2006, this was not yet open to the public.

Tickets + tours are available to be booked here online (make sure you click Collect on site). With advance tix purchase you get to skip the lines. The tour offered by the Colosseum is alot cheaper than the private company options, and includes the combo entry ticket.

http://www.ticketclic.it/gb/HTML/musei/colosseo.cfm

***For anyone else looking, I found the Civitavecchia Port schedule here to determine how many other ships are in town on Rome day. This helped us decide whether or not to take the train back from S. Pietro (we opted not to since there are 4 ships in port on our Rome day):

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/I...ome/June_2013/

Nzdisneymom posted a link for trail open at Cinque Terre.
http://www.parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_parco.asp The red dots are the trails that are currently closed.

HTH! :goodvibes

Hi, I was looking at this the other but wasn't sure what time would be best to book. What if you miss your tour time? I am sure we would still be allowed to enter but not certain what time would be good. Also, guided or just tour? HHhhhmm, I will have to mull this over.

The link for port is not showing any ships in port for me, very strange. * Just managed to get it working.

Thanks for the links. :thumbsup2

Hi, I was looking at this the other but wasn't sure what time would be best to book. What if you miss your tour time? I am sure we would still be allowed to enter but not certain what time would be good. Also, guided or just tour? HHhhhmm, I will have to mull this over.

The link for port is not showing any ships in port for me, very strange. * Just managed to get it working.

Thanks for the links. :thumbsup2

I guess it'd depend on what time you plan on getting to Rome. We chose the earliest time since we're doing the Vatican after the Colosseum.

We only booked the Underground Tour b/c that's the one that allows you access to the lower levels. If you're just looking for entrance tix, then you don't need to book a tour at all.

The very first time I went to the Colosseum we did not do a tour and it was fine. But this time we wanted some explanation :)

I guess it'd depend on what time you plan on getting to Rome. We chose the earliest time since we're doing the Vatican after the Colosseum.

We only booked the Underground Tour b/c that's the one that allows you access to the lower levels. If you're just looking for entrance tix, then you don't need to book a tour at all.

The very first time I went to the Colosseum we did not do a tour and it was fine. But this time we wanted some explanation :)

Thanks for the info. I am torn and just planing on taking things easy and not book excursions because I have mobility issues and am not sure if I would be up to too much walking. My boys said they would like to go to the Colosseum but they are only 7 & 9 and will be happy with anything. Plan on taking a few days there when the boys are a bit older, so not in too much of to see everything in one day. :-)

I have never felt so stupid in my entire life. I am retiring next week and this cruise will be my first time out of the USA. I can find my way around anywhere but this European cruise has my mind boggled. Just looking at the tour books and web sites overwhelmes me, perhaps because of the language difference, and the money exchanges, and perhaps of fear that we will get lost!! Seasoned travelers, what do you recommend? I booked the more expensive tours at each port, hoping that we would have a nice experience and get a comfort level being out of the USA. Would you do this, or is it a waste of time and money? Sailing to the Bahamas I did the swim with dolphins on my own by booking a room at the resort, but with this, I am lost. I don't even know where to stay in Barcelona as we are arriving a day early and then how do we get to the ship? Anyone who can help me overcome my anxiety please do...either pm me or just a message here.
Thanks a million. PS we are both 62! Lively 62, but nevertheless! 62!
Susan

I have never felt so stupid in my entire life. I am retiring next week and this cruise will be my first time out of the USA. I can find my way around anywhere but this European cruise has my mind boggled. Just looking at the tour books and web sites overwhelmes me, perhaps because of the language difference, and the money exchanges, and perhaps of fear that we will get lost!! Seasoned travelers, what do you recommend? I booked the more expensive tours at each port, hoping that we would have a nice experience and get a comfort level being out of the USA. Would you do this, or is it a waste of time and money? Sailing to the Bahamas I did the swim with dolphins on my own by booking a room at the resort, but with this, I am lost. I don't even know where to stay in Barcelona as we are arriving a day early and then how do we get to the ship? Anyone who can help me overcome my anxiety please do...either pm me or just a message here.
Susan

Hi Susan!

Don't be overwhelmed, you'll be fine!

If planning it all overwhelms you, then by all means use DCL excursions at each port. I actually think that their excursion prices this year for the Med are quite reasonable. You probably won't get as much detail and personalized service from the guides (and you may walk a bit further since the large coaches can't get as close as cars) but you'll be just fine.

We are traveling with a group of 9 (age 65 to age 1) and we're doing 2 private tours and 2 DCL excursions just to make my life easier since I'm the one planning.

If you book a pre-stay hotel w/DCL, that would make your life easier plus you can just add the cruise transfers.

If you book a Barcelona hotel separately, the cab to the port is about 30 Euro plus luggage.

Las Ramblas is the main tourist area in Barcelona so any hotel near that area would be "central" for sightseeing.

The purser on the ship changes foreign currency so you can bring USD and change it on the ship (or you can prepurchase at home through Travelex or Wells Fargo).

Any other questions? :goodvibes

My parents are 65 and 64, and I plan all the trips they take (complete with itinerary charts and emergency numbers), so there's nothing wrong with being overwhelmed. Europe is overwhelming if you've never been. ::yes::

Hi Susan,

Are you using a travel agent? My aunt, uncle, mom and dad are meeting us in Barcelona for this cruise. My husband, our daughters, and I are taking the TA to get there. Anyway, I called our travel agent and they made reservations for my aunt and uncle to stay at a local hotel the night before the cruise and the night that we debark. And I think you might be able to call DCL directly and have them make a hotel reservation as well.

I'm overwhelmed as well, but trying to go with the flow :rotfl:

PORT TIMES---

Has anyone else on our cruise noticed that the Port arrival/departure times have changed since last month?

For example, Civitavecchia was previously listed as arrival, 7:15 a.m., departure 6:30 p.m.

Now, its listed as arrival, 7:30 a.m., departure, 6:45 p.m.

This matters to us since our schedule is super tight that day and this week I'm coordinating pick up from our transfer company. The schedule change is only apparent if you click "Reservation Summary" and the printer icon.

I have the Reservation Summary "printed" in PDF format from January and I have a PDF printed from yesterday and the port times are different.

Just me?

Susan

Awwww don't panic :hug:

I'm travelling with my mum (64) and she's nervous too, we're from the UK and are familiar with Europe but have never been to any of the places the cruise will take us.

You will find that the language barrier is minimal English is spoken widely as most of the place we'll be visiting are tourist attractions.

Currency, as already mentioned you can exchange onboard if that's easier, you will only need your USD for onboard and Euros for all ports including Barcelona.

I think if you're most comfortable with DCL excursions then nothings a waste of money, you're going to have a wonderful experience and by doing it that way you have reduced the hassle ;)

In Barcelona if you look on trip advisor you can find a hotel closer to the port and take a taxi as already suggested or use one of the DCL hotels and transfers. We're staying at the Universal Hotel pre cruise and intend to take a taxi from the airport upon arrival and a taxi to port on embarkation day.

Please don't get worked up about it, everything will come together. Do what suits you best, don't feel you have to do it any other way. I don't see anything as a waste of time or money if it works, I like taking the train places and am very comfortable with that process so we'll be doing plenty of that :goodvibes

Hi all, :wave2:
Sorry to keep intruding on your thread but this is the 1st Med cruise and a 7-nt cruise also which we will be doing in Aug.:blush: :flower3:

Is anyone planning to do early debarkation? I'd love to know what time they start letting guests off the ship. I booked 10:45am return flights after hearing so many posters saying it was easy to catch but I'd like to give our transportation company an accurate pick up time but also as early as possible. I don't want to leave our driver waiting a long time or have him think we're a no-show. I also don't want to make it later than it has to be. :worried: Unfortunately, I had to choose this early flight as I need to return to work that Monday. :coffee:

In all the times I've cruised from PC, I've never checked my watch to pay close attention to exactly what time early embarkation starts; I only knew what time we needed to be out of our room. :goodvibes

Thanks!!

Hi all, :wave2:
Sorry to keep intruding on your thread but this is the 1st Med cruise and a 7-nt cruise also which we will be doing in Aug.:blush: :flower3:

Is anyone planning to do early debarkation? I'd love to know what time they start letting guests off the ship. I booked 10:45am return flights after hearing so many posters saying it was easy to catch but I'd like to give our transportation company an accurate pick up time but also as early as possible. I don't want to leave our driver waiting a long time or have him think we're a no-show. I also don't want to make it later than it has to be. :worried: Unfortunately, I had to choose this early flight as I need to return to work that Monday. :coffee:

In all the times I've cruised from PC, I've never checked my watch to pay close attention to exactly what time early embarkation starts; I only knew what time we needed to be out of our room. :goodvibes

Thanks!!

Hi there! I keep seeing you everywhere :laughing:

My brother has an 11:30 a.m. flight so he'll be asking for early disembarkation. I'll either post or PM you when we get back to the States (mid-June).

Hi there! I keep seeing you everywhere :laughing:

My brother has an 11:30 a.m. flight so he'll be asking for early disembarkation. I'll either post or PM you when we get back to the States (mid-June).

Thank you so much! I'd love any feedback!

I'm not stalking you, really! :lmao:

Thank you so much! I'd love any feedback!

I'm not stalking you, really! :lmao:

It's actually fun to see other people also obsessively planning their Europe trip. My husband is starting to lose track of random ideas I'm getting each moment of the day :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter