Avoiding Cheerleaders and "15s"

I'm not sure of the dates but the wrestlers from the school where I work all head down to Disney duals toward the end of June at WWoS. Maybe they behave in the parks but in school they tend to be egotistical little poops.
Daisyx3

From my experience when I was there a couple of weeks and even on a flight home with some of the cheer leaders is that they are really not that bad. I was in the parks with them most of Fri, Sat and Sun. And none of them pushing and being just right down rude. Maybe since I had such an awful experience with the 15s that the cheerleaders didn't bother me.

We always stay value, and when we go we have been staying at POP Century. I don't notice large groups like Cheerleaders or South American Tour Groups at POP as much as the All Stars. POP also has it's own buses so you wouldn't share with all 3 All Stars.

I think POP is a good compromise, still much cheaper than a moderate, but a bit better than the all stars in my opinion.

We always stay value, and when we go we have been staying at POP Century. I don't notice large groups like Cheerleaders or South American Tour Groups at POP as much as the All Stars. POP also has it's own buses so you wouldn't share with all 3 All Stars.

I think POP is a good compromise, still much cheaper than a moderate, but a bit better than the all stars in my opinion.

About 10 years ago, we had a horrible experience at the All Stars...we were in the middle of hundreds of 15's and other South American groups. They over-ran the pools to the point where it was not safe or fun for anyone to be there. In the Food Court, they always "saved" a place in line for at least 50 friends so the lines never moved. At the parks, they linked arms to make giant walls and literally ran through and over people while screaming at the top of there lungs. But the worst was the buses, where they scream-chanted on every ride. It was deafening! Most of the children on the bus were fearful and cried (including mine).

I later spoke to the GM of the Value level resorts about our "nightmare" experience. (They refunded the whole trip). He promised that we could book the Pop without the concern of running into any more large groups. And that was true for awhile. When we stayed at the Pop this last December, we noticed a huge group of teens in the lobby as we were checking in. When I asked the Cast Member who checked us in about the "groups", she said they were no longer "allowed" to channel the groups to the All Stars and hinted at "discrimination". They also said that the groups have been given strict guidelines regarding acceptable behavior. And I'm sure that's true, but I also know that when large groups of pre-teens or teenagers travel together without their parents, they are very likely to get out of control and behave badly. So I said, o-kay, but if I cannot enjoy my stay, plan on upgrading me to a different resort...

Last two weeks we run into both groups at the parks. The worst behavior we saw was at universal. My aunt and 16 year old cousin were horrified by their behavior. The tour leader thought it was ok to put loud music on a speaker and encourage then to dance in line. Other than that we tried to avoid them as much as possible. We had an unexpected change in plans and we end up having to make a 2 night reservation at all starts sports the day of. Thankfully the bigger group had check out the day before the cm told us. Next morning we saw the last of the group checking out and we didn't have any issues.

We are going to be there 4/28-5/5 and my daughter used to be a All Star Cheerleader. Her friend just shared with her they will be there for competition the same week we are there...

Anymore news on May 1st? This is our first trip in may.... Always have gone in September... Not used to avoiding cheerleaders...

I am kind of disappointed now, we specifically chose the week we did because of the low crowd ratings. Does anyone know if these events are factored into the EasyWDW or TP's sites? I realize they are just estimates, but I kinda got my hopes up.. oh well.

I stayed at Pop last week, Feb. 16-23, with a large 15's group, as well as smaller cheerleaders and dance groups. No problem with any of them on the buses. (Didn't see or hear them when in or near my room, the pool or the food court (although I usually eat at off times). I think they kept a busy schedule doing things away from the resort (or I was just lucky).) The 15s were nearly silent on the bus. again, maybe just random luck but I'll take it!
I also stayed at Pop mid January (2015) with several South American tour groups, as well as health care conventioneers. Same experience as in February for me. (No problems, but really only saw them on the buses. The convention had their own, private buses.)

Last edited:
The 15's make the cheerleaders somewhat tolerable. The incessant chanting of the groups (15's) was mind-numbing. Then they just stop anywhere in the parks and sit, or they line jump...friends holding their spots in line. They were pushing people out of the way at Hollywood Studios...and the group leader holding the flag with the whistle or whatever was a joy. Freaking obnoxious.

The 15's make the cheerleaders somewhat tolerable. The incessant chanting of the groups (15's) was mind-numbing. Then they just stop anywhere in the parks and sit, or they line jump...friends holding their spots in line. They were pushing people out of the way at Hollywood Studios...and the group leader holding the flag with the whistle or whatever was a joy. Freaking obnoxious.

I have to agree. I have actually found the cheerleaders generally polite and on occasion, aware of what's going on around them. Its just the sheer numbers that get to me, especially at the food court and the buses. The "15s" however, really, really get on my nerves. Even their chaperones can be rude and inconsiderate. Makes me wonder how we got the rep for being "ugly Americans" when I've found behaviors of some of our foreign visitors totally obnoxious! The 15s chanting and total disregard for courtesy does get on my nerves.

I'm planning a vacation for 2016. Does any one know when would be the best time to go between January and May? I want to avoid the 15s and the cheerleaders.

I'm planning a vacation for 2016. Does any one know when would be the best time to go between January and May? I want to avoid the 15s and the cheerleaders.
I "think" the first 3 weeks of April are fairly "Cheerleader free" until Cheer and Dance Worlds makes the scene in late April.

I am here now and haven't seen any large groups-just a few youth bands,etc.

Cheer and Dance Worlds will begin arriving tomorrow(saw the first "sighting" today at DTD)-the CMs at my Hotel are already in "anticipation" of their arrival!lol:)

I "think" the first 3 weeks of April are fairly "Cheerleader free" until Cheer and Dance Worlds makes the scene in late April.

I am here now and haven't seen any large groups-just a few youth bands,etc.

Cheer and Dance Worlds will begin arriving tomorrow(saw the first "sighting" today at DTD)-the CMs at my Hotel are already in "anticipation" of their arrival!lol:)
Great! Thanks so much for the advice. Have fun on the rest of your trip! :earsboy:

We were there at the time of the cheerleading Summit in 2013. We stayed at BLT and saw none of them. Didn't notice them in the parks much at all. No issues. We did need to plan around the private party one night at DHS but that was about it. We avoided WS in Epcot on the day the finals were held there. Really not a big deal at all to me and I was very worried about it leading up to the trip.

We were there at the time of the cheerleading Summit in 2013. We stayed at BLT and saw none of them. Didn't notice them in the parks much at all. No issues. We did need to plan around the private party one night at DHS but that was about it. We avoided WS in Epcot on the day the finals were held there. Really not a big deal at all to me and I was very worried about it leading up to the trip.
Thanks so much so for helpful info!! :earsboy:

Cheer Worlds in 2016 are schedule for April 22-24. Summit is usually the next weekend but I believe that is Passover weekend.
Our athletes leave today for Worlds. My daughter and I leave for Summit next week. Worlds and Summit were back to back weekends last year as well.
There is also UCA Nationals at some point in March.

Okay, here's a thought: I suggest a Pop Warner Cheer Resort to be built (I know...I'm dreaming). Not that Disney would build one, but it seems as if it would solve a lot of problems and headaches for guests. The resort would be small and could be for the exclusive use of the cheerleaders, etc., during those specific events at Disney. Any other time, the resort could be open to anyone. I have yet to hear of anyone saying on these boards....."oh, yes, we stayed at Resort ABC and the cheerleaders were wonderful! The 15s were polite and quiet, and we had a wonderful stay in the same resort as them......" I have never heard that statement.

I know...it will never happen....but Walt dreamed, too...

:p

Instead of building a new resort to accommodate bad behavior, how about hiring more security and cm's, give them the training and ability to deal with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter