Autograph book or Pillowcase?

We did t-shirts for my nephews at a recent character breakfast so that when the boys outgrow the shirts, my sister can make them into pillows.

We have done pillowcases, tshirts and the photo mats. All 3 turned out treat- although I liked the tshirts and photo mat the best. My DD loves wearing the tshirt too. :goodvibes

Pillowcases!! We told the kids before our cruise in January that we would NOT be getting autographs on the ship. WAY too much trouble. Told them we would take pix, but not carting around those autograph books. Can you guess who was usually in charge of them in WDW??? ;)

Anyway, they were a little bummed, but got over it. Meanwhile, I had a friend embroider the DCL logo, our cruise dates and their names on pillowcases. Hid them along with many colored Sharpies and candy and dropped that off at Guest Services the minute I boarded that ship! :ssst:

They were SO surprised when we got them in our cabin at the end of the cruise! Just loved them!

I am thinking maybe t-shirts this time, but a couple of sizes too big...

Here are pictures of what we had signed on our cruise...

DisneyCruise019.jpg

DisneyCruise021.jpg

DisneyCruise007.jpg

DisneyCruise009.jpg

DisneyCruise004.jpg

Does this sound super cheesy? I am thinking of doing 2 pillowcases (one for each of my girls) on our Disney Dream Cruise in February. I was thinking of having the pillows embroidered with the following

"Once upon a
Disney Dream 2010
Princess XXX . . . "

With each girls name in the XXX of course.

That sounds perfect!:lovestruc

I have never heard of this before! Do they only do it on the longer cruises? I love all fo the ideas here! Do they limit the number of things that you can have signed??:confused3

Does this sound super cheesy? I am thinking of doing 2 pillowcases (one for each of my girls) on our Disney Dream Cruise in February. I was thinking of having the pillows embroidered with the following

"Once upon a
Disney Dream 2010
Princess XXX . . . "

With each girls name in the XXX of course.

Sounds great! I just had mine printed for our upcoming cruise...click on the link in my signature to view. I love it, and wish I had gotten one for me :-)

Turn any of the above, except the autograph book, in to guest services - they will fill out a form with your stateroom number, and what characters you want to sign - classic characters, princesses only or both.

I'm afraid I already know the answer to this, but.....

Why can't we turn in the autograph book to guest services? Won't they sign the book as well as a photo mat? They'll sign vinylmation stuff (did I spell that right)?

That is so cute!! Love everything!! Will they let you sign more than 1 item per person? Love the blank Mickey Vinylmation you had signed. :love::love:Where did you find that?

Thanks!!! I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many items they will sign. I took everything to guest relations myself and they didn't say anything.

I bought the Vinylmation Mickey at WDW. They now have different colors other than just the white. I just bought a black one in June..I plan to use metallic markers for that one!!

The key to this if you are giving guest services multiple items is to do the 1st or 2nd day & tell them that you don't expect it back until the end of the cruise. Give them more time & you'll get something great.

I did the photo mat on my cruise last week. It's adorable! If you go this route, just make sure to mark off the edges of the mat (the part that will be covered by the frame) so that every single autograph will be visible. I put the blank mat ($2.50 from wal-mart) & 2 fancy-color sharpies into a gallon-sized zip-loc bag. Also, indicate which way is "up" on the mat so that the signatures will all go the same way. Next time, I'll add a bag of candy into the zip-loc as a thank you to the cast members.;)

May I ask what is a photo mat, and where can you find them. Thank you:confused3

Thanks!!! I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many items they will sign. I took everything to guest relations myself and they didn't say anything.

I bought the Vinylmation Mickey at WDW. They now have different colors other than just the white. I just bought a black one in June..I plan to use metallic markers for that one!!

Awesome!! That's the 9" one not a 3" right?

The reason I was thinking of framing the pillowcases was I was afraid that they would get ruined with use and washings. What are people experience when their children wear/use the items that are autographed?

My son's pillowcase is already starting to fade/run. We used Sharpie markers - I thought it would stay permanent. I really like how the PP photomat looks with the different colors, the Vinlymation is really cool too! Thanks for the ideas for our next cruise!

My son's pillowcase is already starting to fade/run. We used Sharpie markers - I thought it would stay permanent. I really like how the PP photomat looks with the different colors, the Vinlymation is really cool too! Thanks for the ideas for our next cruise!

Could we give them fine tip fabric markers for the pillowcases to use? I read somewhere that those are more permanent, just not as "bold" as the Sharpies. I was thinking of doing that with the 2 pillowcases, and then a pack of Sharpies I have here with the photomat...in 2 separate baggies. Would they let me do that?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter