Autograph book or Pillowcase?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mouselovr, Feb 24, 2010.

1. mouselovr

mouselovr Mouseketeer

So what is your opinion for those of you who have been? I am short on time to get it done. Doing it for my Cousin's son's Wish trip so I have to have it all done by Monday so I can ship it to her!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. HallsofVA

HallsofVA DIS Veteran

We've done the pillowcase twice, and while they're cute, I don't think they hold up as well. My favorite for the passive autographs is actually a photo mat. Makes the best momento to display the signatures, I think.

However, the autograph book is a necessity (in my mind at least) if they are going to be waiting in line for characters/princesses photos. I got my kids the books where there's a place for a photo on one side and the autograph on the other side, so they can remember what they looked like with the character.

4. murcor

murcor All you need is faith and trust...and a little pix

We just did the pillowcases in Jan and the kids love them :)

They can fall to sleep and have magical dream :)

5. ScouterJT

ScouterJT DIS Veteran

another idea would be a blank canvas tote bag (available at Michaels or Joann's)

6. marbet

marbet Earning My Ears

We've done the autograph book, photo mat, t-shirts and pillowcase. I think my favorite by far is the photo mat. Use painters tape to mark the outer edge to keep the characters from signing outside of what's visible due to the picture frame. Turn any of the above, except the autograph book, in to guest services - they will fill out a form with your stateroom number, and what characters you want to sign - classic characters, princesses only or both. It will be returned to your staterooom I believe on Thurs evening of a 7 day cruise. I brought 6 different colored sharpies (this is also noted on the form guest services fills out). You do have to bring it to guest services by a certain day - I can't remember.

7. breraurora

breraurora Crazy4Mickey

On our last two cruises, we have purchased a plain vinylmation and had it signed. They are adorable and easy to display.

8. HappyPeach

HappyPeach Mouseketeer

I did the photo mat on my cruise last week. It's adorable! If you go this route, just make sure to mark off the edges of the mat (the part that will be covered by the frame) so that every single autograph will be visible. I put the blank mat ($2.50 from wal-mart) & 2 fancy-color sharpies into a gallon-sized zip-loc bag. Also, indicate which way is "up" on the mat so that the signatures will all go the same way. Next time, I'll add a bag of candy into the zip-loc as a thank you to the cast members.;)

9. yogibigdog

yogibigdog DIS Veteran

I agree with the photomat....my shirts and pillowcases never look good after being washed.

10. TheWescotts

TheWescotts Mouseketeer

Another vote for photomat.

11. TwingleMum

TwingleMum DIS Veteran

what is a photomat and how does it look?? Where would you get it? whats a vinylmation???

12. CyndiandChris

CyndiandChris Mouseketeer

And I saw this. What is a photo mat? :upsidedow

13. HappyPeach

HappyPeach Mouseketeer

The photo mats we are talking about are white cardstock "borders" that surround your photo when it's framed. So say you have an 8 x 10" frame and a 4x6" photo... the mat would be 8x10" with a 4x6" rectangle cut out in the middle.

You can buy some that are specifically called "autograph mats" but I imagine any white or light-colored one would work. I got mine at Walmart for $2.50. They were on the same aisle as photo frames. I've seen them at Michael's too.

I found this as an example:

[​IMG]

14. HappyPeach

HappyPeach Mouseketeer

... and let me point out WHY you need to mark off the edges of your mat! Look at the example I posted! A few of the characters signatures are cut off by the frame. This is just an image I found via gis -- not my actual photo.

15. jessica52877

jessica52877 DIS Veteran

We did the pillowcase. I made it and personalized it with DS7's name. He really loved receiving it because he had no idea I had made it. I figured he wouldn't actually use it a whole lot but just keep it on his bed (he has bunk beds).

Here is a picture, not the greatest, but you get the idea of what it could look like. I only had mainly the fab5 sign. No princesses and wanted to keep it black and white.

[​IMG]

Not sure this cropped one will show up any better.

[​IMG]

16. b00kw0rm429

b00kw0rm429 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the ideas...I like the photomat idea! But is there any reason why I can't do both? I have two younger children, but will also be traveling with 2 teens who won't care about signatures.

17. TwingleMum

TwingleMum DIS Veteran

Thanks Peach I think its a great idea!!!

18. CyndiandChris

CyndiandChris Mouseketeer

And for dumbing this down for me! :rotfl:

19. BealsRwe

BealsRwe DIS Veteran

20. mrsdn5

mrsdn5 Mouseketeer

I was thinking of taking the autographed pillowcases, framing them and hanging them on their wall. Do you think that would work?

21. mickey7879

mickey7879 Stay at home mommy to a Disney baby Tyler (3 yrs o

How many items can you have then sign? I like all of the ideas and am interested in doing all of them!

We will be traveling with 2 little ones and would like to have a couple of each done. Will they allow multiple things being signed under one stateroom?

Do they allow adding in a little thank you gift for the CM's?