Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Wdrl, is it really? Oh Man! I like the bottom floor rooms. I like the option to quickly get out into the action!! We will be back out there on Friday, looking forward to seeing what they have accomplished.

Please keep us posted on any changes you notice at Aulani when you go back later this week.

Yes, it is nice with the ground floor villas that face the Wailokohe Valley to step right out of your villa and be right there in the middle of the action. But there is one minor drawback to those villas: Although you can exit from your villa via the patio door, I don't think you can lock the door from the outside. If you want to lock your door from the inside, someone in your party would have to exit via the hallway.

Have fun at Aulani this weekend. Are you going to do some trick or treating while you are there?

What a wonderful thread!! Thank You - We are going to Aulani in May and I'm so excited!!! :)

We are here in Paradise! Our room is 1550 and is a dedicated 2 bedroom villa. We love our room and the view.

Looking to the right of our balcony
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums...1F-BD5D-1764019116BF-318-0000001C5761B192.jpg

This balcony is prime for watching the sunset
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums...FE-9951-13141795099D-318-0000001CEBA60488.jpg

Looking straight down
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums...E0-83B7-F3FCD9758080-318-0000001C71E93950.jpg

The rest of the valley
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums...41-B259-DE7E6FDFBEEB-318-0000001D0263185E.jpg

Our one long balcony
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums...8D-960A-098F44F3B93F-318-0000001D23FAE205.jpg

Aloha!!

PS this is my first attempt using mobile app to upload pics so bear with me if its a complete failure. :D

We are here in Paradise! Our room is 1550 and is a dedicated 2 bedroom villa. We love our room and the view.

Thanks for posting your photos! I've added your villa to the list in Post #1.

I didn't realize that the villas ending in xx50 could also see some of the entrance way and island view. Also, thanks for posting your comment on the Aulani Construction thread about the pool side cabanas.

Westcoastmama!!! Oh my! Great shots! You still there on Friday?? I'll be in the lazy river by 8am :-). Is there any Halloween stuff going on?

Wdrl, if there is trick or treating, I am in like Flynn !! We will have our pirate costumes :-)

dstupper said:
Westcoastmama!!! Oh my! Great shots! You still there on Friday?? I'll be in the lazy river by 8am :-). Is there any Halloween stuff going on?

Thank u!! We will be here thru Saturday as our flight leaves at 10:30 pm. that night. There was trick or treating on Tuesday. The next time they do that, I think, is on Halloween next Wednesday. I will most likely be in the lazy river too on Friday.

Saintstickets has a very interesting trip report about his stay at Aulani. He did a split stay while at Aulani, staying first in villa #504, a Pool View studio, and then in villa #759, a Standard View one-bedroom.

To look at saintstickets' photos of villa #504, click here.

To look at his photos of villa #759, click here.

Thanks to saintstickets for sharing his photos!

Just got back from a wonderful 6 night stay. We had room 1576 in the Ewa tower and loved it. One bedroom ocean view.

First up a view of Aulani from the air as we approached via Hawaiian Air.
AulaniAir.jpg

View from the room looking east from the living room balcony.
RoomEast.jpg

View from the room looking straight ahead from the living room balcony.
RoomStraight.jpg

Sunset view from the room looking straight out the balcony door (or west while out on the balcony.
RoomWest.jpg

Many afternoons/early evenings we had the balcony door open with the screen in place and enjoyed the sights and sounds.

WDWLVR...LOVE your air shot !!! What a stroke of luck that was!

I have a question that might not belong on this thread, but I can't seem to get an answer to it when I started it's own thread.

When you do online check in for Aulani, do they give you options like asking for upper floor? We have a 1 bedroom ocean view booked, and I'm trying to accertain how to request the view, and if I should do it now or wait until online check in.

WDWLVR...LOVE your air shot !!! What a stroke of luck that was!

I have a question that might not belong on this thread, but I can't seem to get an answer to it when I started it's own thread.

When you do online check in for Aulani, do they give you options like asking for upper floor? We have a 1 bedroom ocean view booked, and I'm trying to accertain how to request the view, and if I should do it now or wait until online check in.

Diane it really wasn't luck. We booked seats on that side of the plane to get the shot if possible. Here was the lucky shot when we went in 2007. We had won a trade-out through II on one of the Member Cruises and picked Marriott Ko Olina.

KoOlina.jpg

As for the request. The only option I remember from online was first floor. So I called member services and asked them to add upper floor and an even number room (based on shots I had seen from this thread). We weren't disappointed.

Thanks, WDWLVR, for sharing your photos. Its nice to see you can watch sunset from your balcony. I've added your villa to the list in Post #1.

Since the trade winds normally blow east to west, Aulani is usually in the flightpath for planes landing at both Honolulu International Airport and Hickam AFB. For anyone hoping to get a glimpse of Aulani as they are approaching HNL, I recommend they get a window seat on the port side of the plane.

Diane it really wasn't luck. We booked seats on that side of the plane to get the shot if possible. Here was the lucky shot when we went in 2007. We had won a trade-out through II on one of the Member Cruises and picked Marriott Ko Olina.

KoOlina.jpg

As for the request. The only option I remember from online was first floor. So I called member services and asked them to add upper floor and an even number room (based on shots I had seen from this thread). We weren't disappointed.

Well now I'm feeling really good, since I think we have port side on the way out and the other side on the way back!! maybe we'll get lucky both ways. Oh wait...Maybe not, since we fly out of Kona coming home! LOL!:lmao:

Thanks, WDWLVR, for sharing your photos. Its nice to see you can watch sunset from your balcony. I've added your villa to the list in Post #1.

Since the trade winds normally blow east to west, Aulani is usually in the flightpath for planes landing at both Honolulu International Airport and Hickam AFB. For anyone hoping to get a glimpse of Aulani as they are approaching HNL, I recommend they get a window seat on the port side of the plane.

Glad I could help!

:jumping1:WDRL - you are doing a great job with this tread!! Haven't been on in a while (our trip was last Feb.), the added resort info is wonderful ~ :jumping1:

I need help. Next week I will be calling MS to hopefully reserve a Grand Villa for a week in June (7 month window). Would love to hear a recommendation for which building and floor. We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary with our children and grandchildren. We'll be 10 in our group.

We stayed here a couple months ago, and had a room in the Ewa tower facing into the Waikolohe Valley. It was an ''ocean view'' room. Can't remember the room number...but I believe we were on the 12th floor..

545879_10151128314724726_901087184_n.jpg

603466_10151128728594726_1356900798_n.jpg

okiedokieartichoke said:
We stayed here a couple months ago, and had a room in the Ewa tower facing into the Waikolohe Valley. It was an ''ocean view'' room. Can't remember the room number...but I believe we were on the 12th floor..

Thank you, the views look awesome. Did you find the location convenient to everything?

Hi all,

We just returned yesterday (and I'm going through withdrawals!)

I am a terrible photographer, but I am going to post our views anyway because it might help someone else choosing a villa location.

We were in the newly opened Ewa building, and we overlooked the new location of the Starlight Hui. We went to the show on Monday night, but watched from the comfort of our balcony on Thursday night when our son wasn't feeling so well.

View to the left:

ViewLeft.jpg

View looking down at Starlit Hui lawn:

StarlitHui.jpg

View to the right:

ViewtotheRight2.jpg

View looking down at Aunty's House lawn and BBQ area:

ViewRightDown.jpg

Hi all,

We just returned yesterday (and I'm going through withdrawals!)

I am a terrible photographer, but I am going to post our views anyway because it might help someone else choosing a villa location.

We were in the newly opened Ewa building, and we overlooked the new location of the Starlight Hui. We went to the show on Monday night, but watched from the comfort of our balcony on Thursday night when our son wasn't feeling so well.

Wecome back, we know the feeling, re-entry is a challenge. A question, in your first picture, the building to the left ~ is that the short wing tower? Ewa wasn't open when we were there, but it looked like the short wing was ocean facing (although set back behind the lawn area). Is that correct? Mahalo :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter