Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

Returned from Aulani on Sunday and we stayed in rooms that are not listed. I have some photos but I don't know how to post them to DIS if someone could help me.

We were in a dedicated 2BR - 874 and our group also had 3 studios, 872, 884 and I think the last one was 880.

We could see the sunset from 874 and I have several pictures of the ocean and pool areas. I could check with the others in our group to see what pictures they have from other rooms.

I toured the Grand Villa on the 10th floor -- WOW!

Returned from Aulani on Sunday and we stayed in rooms that are not listed. I have some photos but I don't know how to post them to DIS if someone could help me.

We were in a dedicated 2BR - 874 and our group also had 3 studios, 872, 884 and I think the last one was 880.

We could see the sunset from 874 and I have several pictures of the ocean and pool areas. I could check with the others in our group to see what pictures they have from other rooms.

I toured the Grand Villa on the 10th floor -- WOW!

If you plan on posting some photos of your villas, I'll wait to add your villas to the list in Post #1.

Did you take any photos of the view from the Grand Villa? Specifically, the construction being in the area between the Wailana Pool Bar and the lagoon? We were at Aulani in mid-September and the construction had not yet started at that time.

We are at Aulani now. Here are some pictures from 1456 & 1458, a lock-off 2BR in Ewa. I will get some construction pictures tomorrow. So far the construction has been barely noticeable. There has been no construction noise at all, but there is a fair amount of fencing in place.

P1000356.jpg

P1000358.jpg

P1000355.jpg

P1000354.jpg

Thanks, BobNed, for posting your photos! I've added your villa to the list in Post #1.

I'm looking forward to seeing your construction photos when you get a chance to post them. But I can see the main construction area in your photos and it looks like Disney has removed all of the grass and landscaping from the area between the end cap of the Waianae Building and the lagoon area. Gone, too, is the Makai Sting Ray Encounter area.

Mahalo!!

wdrl said:
If you plan on posting some photos of your villas, I'll wait to add your villas to the list in Post #1.

Did you take any photos of the view from the Grand Villa? Specifically, the construction being in the area between the Wailana Pool Bar and the lagoon? We were at Aulani in mid-September and the construction had not yet started at that time.

I've never posted pictures and I'm not sure how to do it.

I did take some pictures of the view from the Grand Villa. I can't remember if I got the construction area but I think it will show a little in my villa pictures.

You are correct in looking at BobNed's pictures though, the sting ray exhibit is gone and all the grass is gone in that fenced area.

They were framing and sheet rocking the beach area snack place last week. We used the cabanas near there for a few days and hear sporadic grinding and saw noise but it wasn't bad. Since we had several rooms and got a lot of points back it was worth it :-)

I've never posted pictures and I'm not sure how to do it.

If you wish, you can email me the photos you want posted and I'll them to the thread. I'll PM you with my email address.

I use Photobucket.com to post photos to the internet. Its a free website and all you have to do is set up an account that is password protected. The albums you create are private unless you want to share with others. Photobucket is fairly easy to use, and once you have uploaded your photos its extremely easy to insert photos in a disboards thread. You merely copy the IMG link that appears with each photo in photobucket and paste it into your post on the disboards.

aclov said:
Can u use Disney GC here?

Yes. I bought several hundred dollars worth of Disney Gift Cards at Target (5% off with Target card...yay!), and then used them at Aulani. The night before we checked out, we went to the front desk and had the CM apply all of the gift cards to our account. For us, this was easier than carrying the GC's around the resort and using them for individual purchases.

LisaT91403 said:
Yes. I bought several hundred dollars worth of Disney Gift Cards at Target (5% off with Target card...yay!), and then used them at Aulani. The night before we checked out, we went to the front desk and had the CM apply all of the gift cards to our account. For us, this was easier than carrying the GC's around the resort and using them for individual purchases.

TY I wasn't sure where to ask! I'm buying them @ Target since I have the Red card

Better late than never, here are a few pictures of the construction as it was on December 6, 2012. There was no construction noise during our stay, and no impact to our enjoyment of the resort.

The main pool expansion area. You can see where the sting ray pool used to be:
P1000663.jpg

Main pool expansion area. The small fenced area to the left is where I believe the new quick service food location will be:
P1000672.jpg

Fence all along the "boardwalk" for the Ama-Ama addition:
P1000747.jpg

The only walk-way down to the ocean:
P1000757.jpg

Looking toward the J.W. Marriott property:
P1000778.jpg

Main pool expansion and new quick service dining location:
P1000765.jpg

The main pool expansion area. You can see where the sting ray pool used to be:
P1000663.jpg

Thanks for sharing your photos, BobNed! In BobNed's first photo, you can see Cabanas #1 through #4 in the upper left hand side of the frame. The thatched roof building in the lower right is the Wailana Pool Bar, which will reopen once all the construction is completed in this area. The new kids' Splash zone water play area will be where the Makai Sting Ray Encounter use to be. The new infinity pool will be in the upper center part of BobNed's photo.

For reference, here is a photo I took of this area on September 17, 2012:

file_zpsbfb2dfbe.jpg

Just booked a one-bedroom ocean view and our friends booked an ocean-view studio...Need help with what room to request..Thank You!!

We have four Island Garden View studios booked beginning January 8th, we can now do online check in. Any suggestions on what we should request. :confused3 Thank you for any assistance.

We have four Island Garden View studios booked beginning January 8th, we can now do online check in. Any suggestions on what we should request. :confused3 Thank you for any assistance.

If given a choice, I might try to get an Island View Studio that is on the Long Wing of the Ewa Building. These studios have villa numbers ending in xx73, xx79, and xx85. You might get a peek at the ocean, plus you'll be overlooking the lawn on which the Starlit Hui is performed.

Have fun in Hawaii and let us know what you think of Aulani!

were going aug/sep, have booked our flights from uk($1175pp cheap from the uk)
Now have to wait untill the 7 month window for room
only looking for a studio think we will be ok getting in? 2 weeks stay(if your flight times travelling are 24 hours you have to stay 2 weeks)
Paul

Thank you. We have modified our reservations and now have an ocean view 2-bedroom for part of our stay. Trying to figure out what to request for this room. Also wondering how do you know which 2-bedrooms have the long balconies?? Thanks again for the help.

Thank you. We have modified our reservations and now have an ocean view 2-bedroom for part of our stay. Trying to figure out what to request for this room. Also wondering how do you know which 2-bedrooms have the long balconies?? Thanks again for the help.

By "long balconies" do you mean the non-angled balconies? The villas with the non-angled balconies are in the Ewa Building/Phase 1 wing (villas #xx50-xx59) and the Ewa Building Short Wing/Phase 3 (villas #xx60-xx69). The villas with the balconies angled at 45 degrees are in the Waianae Building Phase 2 (villas #xx02-xx13) and the Ewa Building Long Wing/Phase 3 (villas #xx70-xx86).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter