Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

I would really like to have a GV rather than a 2 bedroom and studio for our family trip in Sept/Oct.

I do not have enough points for an ocean view GV for our week but could swing the standard view. If I were lucky enough to get one at 7 months, can anyone tell me what the view would be. Looks like standard view GVs are on the first 2 floors below the ocean view GVs. Would the lisrt floor GV have a patio rather than a balcony? Would these villas give a view of the pool and garden areas or a view of a building? Do they have the long balconies like the pictures I've seen.

Thanks

I would really like to have a GV rather than a 2 bedroom and studio for our family trip in Sept/Oct.

I do not have enough points for an ocean view GV for our week but could swing the standard view. If I were lucky enough to get one at 7 months, can anyone tell me what the view would be. Looks like standard view GVs are on the first 2 floors below the ocean view GVs. Would the lisrt floor GV have a patio rather than a balcony? Would these villas give a view of the pool and garden areas or a view of a building? Do they have the long balconies like the pictures I've seen.

Thanks

The only standard view GV on the first floor is closed and being converted to a quick serve restaurant. The 2nd and 3rd floor standard GV in the Ewa building are located above Aunties, so there may be some noise, like the laughter of children. The view is probably the roof of Ama Ama. -- Suzanne

The only standard view GV on the first floor is closed and being converted to a quick serve restaurant. The 2nd and 3rd floor standard GV in the Ewa building are located above Aunties, so there may be some noise, like the laughter of children. The view is probably the roof of Ama Ama. -- Suzanne

Thanks for the information. Not really what I had hoped.

Will Phase 3 be completed by Sept/Oct? If so, will there be additional standard view GVs available? Chance for a better view than those in the Ewa building?

Thanks for the information. Not really what I had hoped.

Will Phase 3 be completed by Sept/Oct? If so, will there be additional standard view GVs available? Chance for a better view than those in the Ewa building?

Sorry, the GV in Ewa are in Phase 3. -- Suzanne

Phase III is open and has been since October 2012 and the rooms are available for booking, if available. And that includes the two standard view GVs in the Ewa building. Here's what wdrl says on the first page of this thread.

Phase 3, which started to be used in early October 2012, is the largest of Aulani's three phases. It is an L-shaped building that is on the right side of the resort when looking from the ocean. The short wing, which is closer to the lobby, has even numbered villas that face the island or the ocean, and odd numbered villas that face other structures or the island. The Phase 3 long wing has even numbered villas that face Aulani's pool and ocean, and odd numbered villas that face the island. There are also a few odd numbered villas on the higher floors that face the ocean. Phase 3 has 10 Grand Villas which are on the end cap of the Phase 3 Building.

Thanks---I went back and read the posts on page one and looked at the map and I now understand. I had thought phase 3 was not going to be open until late in 2013.

Guess I'll have to decide if I want to try to obtain some transferred points so we to try to get an ocean view GV or just go with the 2 bedroom and a studio.

Either way I'm sure we will be happy.

Thanks---I went back and read the posts on page one and looked at the map and I now understand. I had thought phase 3 was not going to be open until late in 2013.

Guess I'll have to decide if I want to try to obtain some transferred points so we to try to get an ocean view GV or just go with the 2 bedroom and a studio.

Either way I'm sure we will be happy.

Good luck trying to find someone to transfer enough points for that. I couldn't find anyone for even enough 1 bedroom points. I had no issue booking at the 7 month window though.

I had enough points to book a 3bed Grand Villa for June by banking and borrowing. But when I tried to make the reservations in November, at exactly 7 months, online at exactly 8 am, I could not get the reservation. The website showed availability the previous day but as soon as I clicked book, it was gone. I tried for 4 days and finally called MS. I was willing to book any combination that would accommodate our family of 10 (3 studios, 2-two bedroom or 1-one bed & a 2 bed)... Nothing....all of a sudden the CM found the Grand Villa. Maybe someone else cancelled, don't know, don't care. So happy to be going for a week mid June with our children and grandchildren to celebrate our 50th anniversary. Just saying...... maybe/maybe not at 7 months. Guess it depends on the time of the year.

Good luck trying to find someone to transfer enough points for that. I couldn't find anyone for even enough 1 bedroom points. I had no issue booking at the 7 month window though.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh no, I would never think I could get enough transferred for a GV!!! Would just need some to add to what I have with banking and borrowing. Good to know about being able to get in at the 7 month window.

Ocean View Studio - loved our room #1410!

232323232%7Ffp%3B84%3Enu%3D3237%3E992%3E3%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B56449%3A6338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3B45%3Enu%3D3237%3E992%3E3%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B56543%3C8338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3B5%3A%3Enu%3D3237%3E992%3E3%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B5654%3B8%3B338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3A2%3Enu%3D3237%3E992%3E3%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B565%3B837338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3B9%3Enu%3D3237%3E992%3E3%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B5654%3B%3A2338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C%3A%3Enu%3D3237%3E992%3E3%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B565%3B838338nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3A3%3Enu%3D3237%3E992%3E3%3A%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B5654%3B%3A9338nu0mrj

Thanks, kathymc, for sharing so many photos. Your photos are the first I've seen of Makahiki's new awning. Disney had just started the construction of the awning when we were at Aulani in September 2012.

Just got back from Aulani on 2/1. Working on going through our photos to put together a TR, but wanted to share a few photos of our view. We were lucky enough to be in Grand Villa 1189 - AKA heaven on earth.

Safflower said:
Just got back from Aulani on 2/1. Working on going through our photos to put together a TR, but wanted to share a few photos of our view. We were lucky enough to be in Grand Villa 1189 - AKA heaven on earth.

Beautiful pictures. Makes me more excited for our upcoming trip in June. Have a grand Villa reserved. In which building was your villa?

Your photos are the first from someone who has actually stayed in a Grand Villa. I posted some photos from GV #1001, but I took those while doing the DVC tour of the villa. Thanks for sharing!

Wow! We leave in a week. These photos are amazing. I've requested 5th floor near the lagoon (poolside garden view). We'll be in a 2-bedroom lock-off.

Beautiful pictures. Makes me more excited for our upcoming trip in June. Have a grand Villa reserved. In which building was your villa?

Grand Villa #1189 is in the Ewa Building. The Grand Villas are all on the end cap of the Long Wing of the Ewa Building, and villa #1189 is on the top most floor of the end cap.

THAT just made my day! I leave Sunday and I'm getting excited!!! Thanks

wdrl said:
Grand Villa #1189 is in the Ewa Building. The Grand Villas are all on the end cap of the Long Wing of the Ewa Building, and villa #1189 is on the top most floor of the end cap.

Thanks for info. Will put in my request and keep my fingers crossed.

I am new to this board. Can I and how can I post pics like the posts above? Or is it that I can only post http links to other photo website?

I would really like to post pics directly with the reply.
TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter