Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

The cast members were all exceptional, I thought. For those of you with memories of WDW in the 70s (like my DH) and early 80s like me, the CMs remind me of those days with the extra touch of Hawaiian aloha.

Yes, I thought the same thing. My family used to take an annual trip to the Polynesian Village in the late 70's and 80's, and let's just say it was magical. That place has gone way downhill (but I'm strongly affected by a very poor concierge-level experience the last time I stayed there about five years ago). Aulani was superb--they have clearly gone to great lengths to hire outstanding cast members and train them well. Let's hope it stays that way for a long time to come!

I agree the CMs at Aulani are the best! I can't wait to go again.

If we decide to go with island view this October (which is what I'm leaning towards, so we'll have more points for a 2014 WDW trip), are there places we could sit at the resort to see the ocean from upper floors? I know DH and FIL would enjoy drinking coffee while looking out at the ocean, but I'm not sure how much we'd really use the lanai otherwise since our kids will want to go, go, go.

are there places we could sit at the resort to see the ocean from upper floors?

No, there are no observation places on higher floors that you could sit to watch the ocean. There is a very nice deck right off the lobby, but its only on the third floor and doesn't offer much of a view of the ocean (though it does have a great view of Waikolohe Valley).

There are places are places near the main pool that have great views of the lagoon and ocean. You wouldn't be on a high floor, but you'll still have a relaxing view, especially while the kids are playing in the pool.

Here is a photo of the deck right off the lobby. Though this photo doesn't show them, there are lounge chairs on the deck.

file-6.jpg

Thanks BCV23 for the photos of the accessible villa! I am glad to see the location, and that the CM's were right- it was on the 4th floor for the roll-in shower studio.

Another plus for Aulani- CM's that have correct information! :goodvibes

Thanks BCV23 for the photos of the accessible villa! I am glad to see the location, and that the CM's were right- it was on the 4th floor for the roll-in shower studio.

Another plus for Aulani- CM's that have correct information! :goodvibes

And thank you for all the help before we left. So glad your FIL recovered so well.

The CMs are wonderful, aren't they? Of course, there are still tens of thousands of CMs at WDW who still spread the magic but one does run into the odd snarky one these days. A matter of sheer numbers I suppose.

That menu is interesting how you can order a full dinner for 4 like that. Are drinks included?

If we decide to go with island view this October (which is what I'm leaning towards, so we'll have more points for a 2014 WDW trip), are there places we could sit at the resort to see the ocean from upper floors? I know DH and FIL would enjoy drinking coffee while looking out at the ocean, but I'm not sure how much we'd really use the lanai otherwise since our kids will want to go, go, go.

Although not much of an ocean view, the third floor lanai off the lobby that wdrl mentioned is really lovely. One of my favorite places to watch the resort come to life in the morning hours.

There are seating areas on every floor of the Ewa tower where the two sections meet. They would need to view the ocean through the glass but it is still lovely. I should say on the floors we visited but I would guess they are on every floor given the architecture. Beautiful woven chairs.

That menu is interesting how you can order a full dinner for 4 like that. Are drinks included?

I saw no indication that beverages are included but wouldn't expect them to be at that price really. One could always add drinks from private dining (room service) but I imagine most families have plenty in their fridge or would use the mugs? I know we would.

If you end up ordering one, will you pop back on here after your vacation and give us a review, please?:flower3:

No, there are no observation places on higher floors that you could sit to watch the ocean. There is a very nice deck right off the lobby, but its only on the third floor and doesn't offer much of a view of the ocean (though it does have a great view of Waikolohe Valley).

There are places are places near the main pool that have great views of the lagoon and ocean. You wouldn't be on a high floor, but you'll still have a relaxing view, especially while the kids are playing in the pool.

Here is a photo of the deck right off the lobby. Though this photo doesn't show them, there are lounge chairs on the deck.

file-6.jpg

Thank you! That does look lovely!

Although not much of an ocean view, the third floor lanai off the lobby that wdrl mentioned is really lovely. One of my favorite places to watch the resort come to life in the morning hours.

There are seating areas on every floor of the Ewa tower where the two sections meet. They would need to view the ocean through the glass but it is still lovely. I should say on the floors we visited but I would guess they are on every floor given the architecture. Beautiful woven chairs.:flower3:

Hmm, that might work. Thanks!

Another balcony question... has anyone experienced problems with smoke from other balconies drifting to your balcony? I'd hate to spring for OV so we can sit out on our balcony and enjoy ocean views and then have smoke interfere. This is why we never pay for a balcony on a cruise. I realize we'll get a balcony in any room at Aulani and there's no way to know for sure if it will be an issue, just wondering what others have experienced.

Another balcony question... has anyone experienced problems with smoke from other balconies drifting to your balcony? I'd hate to spring for OV so we can sit out on our balcony and enjoy ocean views and then have smoke interfere. This is why we never pay for a balcony on a cruise. I realize we'll get a balcony in any room at Aulani and there's no way to know for sure if it will be an issue, just wondering what others have experienced.

We have been to Aulani three times and never experienced any problems. I believe there is no smoking allowed on the balconies. That does not mean no one does it, but I would be surprised if it happens very often. The only smoking area I know of is fairly isolated to the left of the lobby entrance.

We have been to Aulani three times and never experienced any problems. I believe there is no smoking allowed on the balconies. That does not mean no one does it, but I would be surprised if it happens very often. The only smoking area I know of is fairly isolated to the left of the lobby entrance.

Thanks for sharing! Anyone know for sure- is smoking not allowed on the balconies?

We just got back from Aulani this week. We had an island/garden 2 lock off 2 bedroom in the Ewa building 16th floor. Imagine our surprise to walk out on the balcony and look to the right and see the OCEAN!!! I will post pictures as soon as I have more time to download them to shutter fly. My DH sat out on the balcony every morning with his coffee even when it rained;)

Can't wait to go back.

Just got back - we stayed January 16th-20th. We had an Oceanview Deluxe Studio. In the future, especially since I didn't think the view was that "awesome" we will get the pool view. You could not see the ocean unless you were physically on the balcony. We had room 1485 and the views are posted below (one looking left, looking straight and finally looking right):

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Just got back - we stayed January 16th-20th. We had an Oceanview Deluxe Studio. In the future, especially since I didn't think the view was that "awesome" we will get the pool view. You could not see the ocean unless you were physically on the balcony. We had room 1485 and the views are posted below (one looking left, looking straight and finally looking right):

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Hmm, we were in room 1677/1679(studio). My DD and DSIL had a similar view from their studio, but it is considered an island/garden view.

wdrl said:
Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa, is the 11th resort in the Disney Vacation Club system. The first phase of the resort opened on August 29, 2011, and the second phase opened on November 15, 2011. The third and final phase is scheduled to open Winter 2013.

Aulani has 460 DVC Vacation Homes, including 21 three-bedroom Grand Villas and 439 two-bedroom villas. In addition, 246 of the two-bedroom villas will be configured as 'lock off' 'villas, meaning they can be booked as two-bedroom villas, studios, or one-bedroom villas.

Aulani has four different view categories. Standard View includes either a view of the conference center, parking lot, or parking garage from the room or balcony. Island View includes at least a partial view of the mountains, spa, or landscaping from the room or balcony. Pool View includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features, or landscaping from the room or balcony. Ocean View includes at least a partial view of the ocean from the room or balcony.

The following chart shows the number and type of villas in each phase by view category.

The following diagram shows the location of Aulani's three phases.

Phase 1 is in the Ewa Building and is adjacent to Aulani's lobby. The even numbered villas face Aulani's pool and the ocean. The odd numbered villas face the convention center, the street, and the island. There are 73 Vacation Homes in Phase 1 of the Ewa Building, but no Grand Villas

Phase 2 is in the Waianae Building and is on the left side of the resort when looking from the ocean. The even numbered villas face Aulani's pool and the ocean. The odd numbered villas face outward and the upper floors have ocean views. Phase 2 has 11 Grand Villas which are on the end cap of the Waianae Building and face the ocean.

Phase 3, which started to be used in early October 2012, is the largest of Aulani's three phases. It is an L-shaped building that is on the right side of the resort when looking from the ocean. The short wing, which is closer to the lobby, has even numbered villas that face the island or the ocean, and odd numbered villas that face other structures or the island. The Phase 3 long wing has even numbered villas that face Aulani's pool and ocean, and odd numbered villas that face the island. There are also a few odd numbered villas on the higher floors that face the ocean. Phase 3 has 10 Grand Villas which are on the end cap of the Phase 3 Building.

The following diagrams show the View category for each villa. Column headers indicate the type of accommodation, such a Grand Villa, dedicated two-bedroom, or lock off two-bedroom. When known, the diagrams also show which part of the lock off two-bedroom is the studio and which part is the one-bedroom villa.

There is symmetry in the layout of most of the villas at Aulani, resulting in the same type of accommodation stacked on top of each other. For example, in the Waianae Building, the villas with room numbers ending in '02' are all dedicated two-bedroom villas. The exception is with villas 164 and 264 in the Phase 3 Building. They are dedicated two-bedroom villas, while the other villas numbered xx64 on the floors above are lock off two bedroom villas.

When looking at the diagrams, note that the Waianae Building and the long wing of the Phase 3 Building are tapered. The parts closest to the lobby extend to the 16th floor, but the buildings taper down to the 14th floor and the 11th floor as they approach the ocean.

The information for these diagrams is derived from Aulani's Master Declaration dated June 7, 2010.

Here is another resort map that shows the location of some of the features and services around Aulani:

When you visit Aulani, it would be helpful if you post photos of the view from your villa to this thread.

If you have any questions, or if you notice any discrepancies or errors in these diagrams, please let me know.

Quick Links to Specific Posts (Click on Villa Number to Jump to Post):

(Note: Some of these posts are on the Disboards DVC Resorts board and some are on the DVCNews Forum board.)

Villa 110: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 170/172: Pool View Lock-off two Bedroom with Photos
Villa 204: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 304: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 310: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 312: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 356: Pool View Studio with photos
Villa 363: Standard View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 452: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 453: Standard View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 456: Pool View Studio with photos. Note: Handicapped Accessible
Villa 458: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 482: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 504: Pool View Studio with photos. More photos here.
Villa 505/507: Island View Two-Bedroom Lock-off (505 Studio/507 1BR) with photos
Villa 508: Pool View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 551: Standard View Two-Bedroom Dedicated with photos
Villa 552: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 570: Pool View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 576/578: Pool View Two-Bedroom Lock-off (576 1BR/578 Studio) with photos
Villa 612: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 651: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 670/670: Ocean View Two-Bedroom Lockoff with photo
Villa 752: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 759: Standard View One-Bedroom with photos.
Villa 787: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with Photos
Villa 804: Ocean View Studio with photo
Villa 808: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photo Note: Handicap Accessible Villa
Villa 813: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 857: Island View Studio with photos
Villa 876: Ocean View One Bedroom with photo
Villa 881: Island View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 910: Ocean View Studio with photos
Villa 913: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 964: Ocean View Studio with photos
Villa 1001: Ocean View Three-Bedroom Grand Villa with photos
Villa 1003: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1006: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1007: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1008: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1051: Island View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1054: Ocean View Studio with photo
Villa 1152: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1154: Ocean View Studio with Photos
Villa 1174: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1204: Ocean View Studio with photos
Villa 1252: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1258: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photo
Villa 1456/1458: Ocean View Lockoff Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1485: Ocean View Studio with photos
Villa 1550: Ocean View Dedicated Two-Bedroom with photos
Villa 1576: Ocean View One-Bedroom with photoshttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47378109&postcount=337
Villa 1612: Ocean View One-Bedroom with Photo; more photos of Villa #1612
Villa 1655: Island View Studio with photos

NEW: Click HERE for Map showing location of Aulani's cabanas.

staticmap

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter