Aulani to WDW: The Lurkyloos' Anniversary Vow Renewal: THRILLING CONCLUSION 8/5!

Yeah, I don't like that rule either at some of the museums I've been to. But then again, maybe the curator took a ride on PotC and saw how well the no-flash rule was being observed. :rotfl:

Good point! Flash pix drive me nuts on Haunted Mansion, too. It's not like they're going to be any good, people! :headache:

Hi. :) I am loving your trip report. Your pictures are beautiful.:) I was looking at your Tower Of Terror dinner...I know what I'm doing for my husbands 50th birthday in 2 years. That looked like an unbelievable evening!:) Can't wait for your next entry.:thumbsup2

LOVING your TR! We are planning on visiting Aulani next year in celebration of receiving my Masters in space science :) DH & I are DVC members so this will be a good use of our points.....and after reading your TR we will be splurging and going for the ocean view!

Hi. :) I am loving your trip report. Your pictures are beautiful.:) I was looking at your Tower Of Terror dinner...I know what I'm doing for my husbands 50th birthday in 2 years. That looked like an unbelievable evening!:) Can't wait for your next entry.:thumbsup2

Glad you're enjoying the report! :goodvibes

LOVING your TR! We are planning on visiting Aulani next year in celebration of receiving my Masters in space science :) DH & I are DVC members so this will be a good use of our points.....and after reading your TR we will be splurging and going for the ocean view!

Oh crap, don't tell Patrick there's such a thing as a degree in Space Science or he'll give up puppetry and head back to school! :rotfl: An ocean-view villa at Aulani sounds like the perfect way to celebrate your achievement!

Wow I can see why you wanted to go! Wish you guys could have taken pics inside, but you did lot so great research to fill them in.

Your pictures reminded me a lot of my trip to India last summer. Small shudder (work trip, not pleasure). Thanks for sharing though. It is always interesting to see how the other half lives.

I did not realize all the beaches are public. I bet that makes for some interesting things to see from both sides.

Wow I can see why you wanted to go! Wish you guys could have taken pics inside, but you did lot so great research to fill them in.

Oh good, I'm glad you said that. At about the halfway point of copying and uploading and crediting I was thinking, "Is this really worth all the effort?" ;)

Your pictures reminded me a lot of my trip to India last summer. Small shudder (work trip, not pleasure). Thanks for sharing though. It is always interesting to see how the other half lives.

I did not realize all the beaches are public. I bet that makes for some interesting things to see from both sides.

Definitely! I kinda love that no matter how rich you are, anybody can hang out on the beach below your house!

Great to see you, Patricia! I'm working on the next one right now! ;)

I don't know how I have made it this long on the dis without discovering your TRs! They are perfect. And we're making our first pilgrimage west this month so I will be thoroughly reading any and all DL tips you have on your previous ones. You two are an absolutely beautiful couple - can't wait to read more!

Carrie I have to ask, when you write all that historical info are you furiously taking notes while on your trips or do you research after the fact? I could imagine you with a notebook scribbling away as some poor tour guide is giving information. ;)

I skipped over most of the post because I wanna wait intell we go in 2015 to see everthing. With the way you write and your pictures i would get to much info. I did read how you said plan a whole day for this. I well write that in my notes plus we wanna go on base and see the barracks where the bullet holes are still there. There is so much WWII stuff my hubby and oldest ds wants to see.

Hi! Just wanted to mention that being military, you can drive out to Ford Island to see the Mo without buying a tour. You can park there free and get a ticket with a military rate and just wander around. We spent about 2 hrs there - hadn't expected it to be that interesting! Definitely drive around on base and see the bullet holes - amazing to think about - especially after the USS Arizona visit. DH was working there last March and I flew out to join him - the hangars where he worked were still original and had damage visible on them. A piece of history that is preserved there in daily life.

Oh, and save some time and money for the biggest Navy Exchange in the world (I think) Wow! Buy your souveniers there for sure.

Great pics of the memorials, Carrie!:thumbsup2 You also did a great job of describing the somber atmosphere and appreciation for the visit. I was struck by how old fashioned the digs and equipment were on the Mighty Mo, and yet it was used up into the 90's.

I'm in, although not completely caught up. Loving your TR so far. Has it really been 5 years already. Happy Anniversary! Looking forward to your vow renewal.

Yup - I think you win the prize for the worst few in all of Aulani. OMG. :faint: No anniversary mojo there.

I don't know how I have made it this long on the dis without discovering your TRs! They are perfect. And we're making our first pilgrimage west this month so I will be thoroughly reading any and all DL tips you have on your previous ones. You two are an absolutely beautiful couple - can't wait to read more!

I'm so glad you found me—thanks for the kind words! I have a whole page of Disneyland tips for WDW vets here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/disneyland-tips/

Carrie I have to ask, when you write all that historical info are you furiously taking notes while on your trips or do you research after the fact? I could imagine you with a notebook scribbling away as some poor tour guide is giving information. ;)

:rotfl: No, I've decided to try to be in the moment and enjoy the experience as it happens, so I use Patrick's photos and the web to jog my memory when it comes time to write the TR. Sometimes I discover there's a LOT the tour guide left out, like with Shangri La. They aren't really allowed to mention all the scandals connected with Doris Duke (like that she maybe accidentally/maybe not accidentally killed a friend with her car :scared1:)

Great pics of the memorials, Carrie!:thumbsup2 You also did a great job of describing the somber atmosphere and appreciation for the visit. I was struck by how old fashioned the digs and equipment were on the Mighty Mo, and yet it was used up into the 90's.

That's funny! With nothing to compare it to, I thought it looked so modern, what with all those Coke dispensers and that hi-tech computer room! :rotfl2:

I'm in, although not completely caught up. Loving your TR so far. Has it really been 5 years already. Happy Anniversary! Looking forward to your vow renewal.

Thank you! Great to see you around here! :goodvibes

Signing on!

Ok, I'm a wee bit scared for a week in a studio at this point. We've only one night in a standard view (no sense in wasting points when you get to the resort at 10:30 at night, which we will as well) before moving to an OV. Out of curiosity, did you make any kind of room request via the DVC owner that you rented from? That truly is a horrific view.

Fascinating pics from Shangri-La!

Thank you for the trip report- I'm loving it so far.

The pictures are absolutely gorgeous and I've never thought of going to Hawaii, I must say I'm now going to look up the cost to fly there. lol!

I can't wait to hear about the vow renewal. Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter