Aulani Reservations

Are those of you that are flexible looking back at dates again? I see there is at least one OV studio open for Jun 1-5th.

Does anyone know why the first day or 2 of most week long reservations are always booked? How does this happen? Is this happening due to members "walking" a reservation? I am not really sure what that term means. Anyway, It seems impossible to get a reservation at all.

Thankfully, I am not looking to book again until 2014. It seems to me, that my only options are one of the following: buy those Aulani points I have been lusting after, travel off season or perhaps have 100 or so extra points available to in order to obtain any first available summer reservation. :faint:

I don't know but when I asked the not-so-helpful members services girl yesterday about over booking to get the days you actually wanted. She said you can't because you can't change a reservation or drop a day or two off; you have to cancel the whole ressie and rebook. It would then be subject to availability.

We got our reservation for 7 nights for June 5-12, 2013 at the 7 month window. We wanted a 1BR, any view but ocean (due to points). I was hoping for pool view. I was online at 8am Eastern and got the pool view room. Two hours later I checked and three of the seven nights were booked for all 1BR views but ocean view. Standard 1BR were never available. I think it depends a lot on how flexible you are. We were not flexible on dates due to other parts of our trip, but were flexible on view (so long as not ocean, which actually was the only view still with rooms two hours after online booking opened).

I told my DH last night we were lucky to get the reservation, as I've seen a handful of frustrated posters about Aulani, particularly regarding the first days of trips being booked. I didn't think June would be as busy as it is. Good luck. I hope the room comes through for you.

Woo! We just booked tonight (Nov 21) a trip to Aluani April 15-22, 2 bedroom Ocean View. I was amazed that there was availability just 5 months from now. Can't wait!

I just waitlisted my first 3 days of my stay but not holding my breath so looking at other options. I'm glad I was able to book what I have now at least.

I wanted to arrive on June 22nd for 7 nights - The Saturday was showing available the night before (I entered arriving the 21st the day prior just to see) and when I logged in 3 minutes before they started letting us book them (8AM EST) I got everything set up - dates location etc - and then started trying to submit at 1 minute till until it hit as open for sale and it was already gone for the Saturday arrival.

24 hours later wash, rinse repeat... LOL I got up the next day did the same thing and lucked out and got 6 nights arriving on the 23rd. (HAVE to depart the 29th for a cruise) If we'd been able to stay the 29th I could have gotten all 7 nights that day. 5 minutes later I looked at it and the space was gone for arriving on the 22nd. Glad I got it!

Wishing you the best of luck getting space!

Edited to add - we had to take ocean view because that was the only thing available for 1 bedroom. Studio was sold out - didn't look at 2 br.

Someone on TUG has a 2bedroom in Jan (I think 2 or 3 nights) they are renting. Not sure why maybe last minute cancellation .

I think flexibility helps with this popular resort but unfortunately I don't have any as I know alot of you don't either. I was able to book 5 nights out of the 8 I wanted in OV but not at the beginning of my trip. I'm now thinking of staying on Waikiki Beach for those 3 nights and than heading to Aulani. I'll try to waitlist but not feeling optimistic about that.

Actually staying in Waikiki the first few nights is not a bad idea! We were at Aulani for a week this past July and based on our experience I think next time we go we are going to do just that.

At Aulani we found ourselves having to make the drive into Waikiki many days to do/see many of the tourist things... Pearl Harbour ect. So I am thinking next time I will book the first 3 days in Waikiki get all that stuff done and then be able to truly relax and enjoy the resort when it comes to the Aulani time.

So this may be a blessing in disguise for you!

I got up at 5 am to get our reservation for July 1st. I am tired but it was worth it...

Cinderpamela said:
Actually staying in Waikiki the first few nights is not a bad idea! We were at Aulani for a week this past July and based on our experience I think next time we go we are going to do just that.

At Aulani we found ourselves having to make the drive into Waikiki many days to do/see many of the tourist things... Pearl Harbour ect. So I am thinking next time I will book the first 3 days in Waikiki get all that stuff done and then be able to truly relax and enjoy the resort when it comes to the Aulani time.

So this may be a blessing in disguise for you!

We are on our next to last day at Aulani and were talking about the same thing. We haven't been able to pull ourselves away to go sightseeing. We thought we would stay the first few days in Waikiki next time to do touristy things and shopping and then come to Aulani and not leave!

I can't wait to plan our next trip.

I just cancelled our 1 bdr ocean view on Jun 13th and 14th. Hopefully, someone will be able to snag them. I am not sure if the waitlist immediately kicks in or not. We ended up changing our dates to July to get several nights together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter