August Flights cheap

I always said I would never pay $25pp for dessert but I am just looking for different things we haven't done before.
I just found out there is soft opening in Fantasyland for AP holders while we are there so I am going to try register for that when it opens up.

Just had a look for your parking at Heathrow. Double check but you should be able to get free parking at Reeds Service Park worth £86.95 (Monarch) its cheaper with Park & Go at £83.95 Details in my free parking thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2995085
Although thats driving down morning of flight. Not sure if you can get it to work driving down night before, no problem getting the free parking its getting from the parking to your hotel. Maybe something to look at.

Free parking at Heathrow, I will have a look. I was just about to get snuggled in bed reading a Disney dining report bur planning is never ending!!

Do you know where I can find the dates of the soft openings? We leave on the 30th so I doubt they will cover our dates.

I would get my monies worth out of the dessert party but I'd then need a new wardrobe for the weight gain!! X

Free parking at Heathrow, I will have a look. I was just about to get snuggled in bed reading a Disney dining report bur planning is never ending!!

Do you know where I can find the dates of the soft openings? We leave on the 30th so I doubt they will cover our dates.

I would get my monies worth out of the dessert party but I'd then need a new wardrobe for the weight gain!! X

You don't have time to sleep when there are holidays to plan :rotfl2:

Preview Dates and Times but they are in Nov, I logged in as passholder this evening and it said registration has been delayed until next Monday so I need to remember.

Dates and times for Passholder Previews are as follows:

Saturday, November 3, 2012
8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Preview Itineraries

You can experience one of the following itineraries during your Passholder Preview:

Enchanted Tales With Belle Itinerary, which lets you:
Take a tour of Be Our Guest RestaurantBe Our Guest Restaurant
Ride on Under the Sea — Journey of the Little Mermaid
Experience Enchanted Tales with Belle
The Ariel's Grotto Itinerary, which lets you:
Take a tour of Be Our Guest RestaurantBe Our Guest Restaurant
Ride on Under the Sea — Journey of the Little Mermaid
Take photos and receive autographs from Ariel

My annoying phone won't let me quote your reply Wayne. Well it doesn't look like our dates are covered but it doesn't matter *** we're going back in August yano!

I'm thinking about maybe parking in the hotel the first night and then driving to the parking in the morning, assuming they do a shuttle from thd parking place to Heathrow?

I expect everything will take longer with it being London traffic though!

I'm thinking about maybe parking in the hotel the first night and then driving to the parking in the morning, assuming they do a shuttle from thd parking place to Heathrow?

I expect everything will take longer with it being London traffic though!

Yes that will work. If you can get free parking (50p) then it should be cheaper than hotel & parking but check all options.

Welcome, yes it was me that linked to here. I never know if I should put links over there but they don't remove them so I guess its OK.:goodvibes

Look at the list in my signature you will see how many times we have been in summer, yes you can get some rain, some torrential but some trips we haven't seen a drop the whole time. You just don't know what you will get til you get there. Its not something that would stop me going in the summer.

Flight times I can only say see above, you know the risks, they will get you there but any delay it could be the next morning, at £440pp in summer I personally would take the risk, you are probably saving about £400-500pp on direct.

What do I think? get it booked and enjoy. :thumbsup2

Hope you stick around and ask many questions, lots of us enjoy helping plan trips.

Well I am gald you linked....looks like a great site....and I have been on Hotukdeals for some years....I dont think they mind linking to info site like this one (well they shouldnt if they do so tough!).

Thanks and thanks to the person with the 4 days rain (cant recall the user)....time to talk to the missus.....she is a teacher so we are absolutely tied to holidays....and at 440 seems like too good an opportunity to pass up!

Yes that will work. If you can get free parking (50p) then it should be cheaper than hotel & parking but check all options.

With Monarch there are a few price choices for my dates, there is a cheaper option than Reeds at £86.95 as there's an option for Purple parking longstay that's cheaper, so will they still price match even if I select the more expensive option on purpose so I then can find it cheaper??

Well I am gald you linked....looks like a great site....and I have been on Hotukdeals for some years....I dont think they mind linking to info site like this one (well they shouldnt if they do so tough!).

Thanks and thanks to the person with the 4 days rain (cant recall the user)....time to talk to the missus.....she is a teacher so we are absolutely tied to holidays....and at 440 seems like too good an opportunity to pass up!

We don't have the busiest site here but we have members with a lot of experience who are more than happy to help and share their knowledge.

Its a pain being tied to school hols, our son is 18, just started Uni last weekend so we have had years of being tied, saying that we do manage to find deals like these flights, free parking, cheap car rental etc all which soften the blow a little.

There are quite a few teachers on here, all looking for the best deals in the hols.

With Monarch there are a few price choices for my dates, there is a cheaper option than Reeds at £86.95 as there's an option for Purple parking longstay that's cheaper, so will they still price match even if I select the more expensive option on purpose so I then can find it cheaper??

You have to find like for like, I have closed the window now but I believe Reeds was the only one I saw cheaper.
If you go for Reeds then you have to find Reeds cheaper elswhere, go for Purple Parking then it has to be be Purple parking elsewhere.
They have to be same company and same level of service. Plus no discount codes to reduce price.

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to Wayne for this thread. After feeling that all hope was lost for a return trip next August, especially with direct flights showing around the £3,500 mark, I saw the thread and took the leap and have booked indirect for the first time.
For 2 adults and 2 kids and paying £25 credit card fee our flight from the 14 Aug to 28 Aug flying LHR to MCO with nearly a 4 hour change in Chicago has worked out at £1,691.72 :thumbsup2 I was worried as I saw that most of the morning flights were disappearing but we managed to get a departure at 7.45am. As we are first time indirect fliers I was happy with the change too as our youngest will only be 5 and I didn't want to have to drag him though the airport :lmao:

So Wayne a huge thank you for helping save nearly £2,000 on the trip :cool1:

Who needs Martin Lewis? :)

You have to find like for like, I have closed the window now but I believe Reeds was the only one I saw cheaper.
If you go for Reeds then you have to find Reeds cheaper elswhere, go for Purple Parking then it has to be be Purple parking elsewhere.
They have to be same company and same level of service. Plus no discount codes to reduce price.

Right now I get it, sorry I was a bit confused!

I'm going to try now, I'm going to drop the car off the night before and book a hotel at a terminal and take the parking shuttle to the terminal and then try and find the hotel from there!

Fingers crossed it goes according to plan!

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to Wayne for this thread. After feeling that all hope was lost for a return trip next August, especially with direct flights showing around the £3,500 mark, I saw the thread and took the leap and have booked indirect for the first time.
For 2 adults and 2 kids and paying £25 credit card fee our flight from the 14 Aug to 28 Aug flying LHR to MCO with nearly a 4 hour change in Chicago has worked out at £1,691.72 :thumbsup2 I was worried as I saw that most of the morning flights were disappearing but we managed to get a departure at 7.45am. As we are first time indirect fliers I was happy with the change too as our youngest will only be 5 and I didn't want to have to drag him though the airport :lmao:

So Wayne a huge thank you for helping save nearly £2,000 on the trip :cool1:

Who needs Martin Lewis? :)

Thats a fantastic saving.
I wish I had Martin's money, he has done OK out of it hasn't he.

Right now I get it, sorry I was a bit confused!

I'm going to try now, I'm going to drop the car off the night before and book a hotel at a terminal and take the parking shuttle to the terminal and then try and find the hotel from there!

Fingers crossed it goes according to plan!

I think you might have had a choice on the night before. Look at http://www.gosimply.com/ and see if you can see cheaper on there, I am sure Purple Parking business was another option for you.

I've just done the booking via Monarch but the screen print hasn't copied the pictures just the text but as I needed to get it sent today I have sent it and I am hoping for the best! I will let you know how I get on! Thanks Wayne for all your help!! Xx

Newbie alert!!!!

Sorry if these are truely dumb questions and a little reading of the site would prob help (and I will do that at the weekend) and if I am posting in the wrong place please shout.....apology out of the way.

I would like to stay somewhere very nice (for as little money as possible lol) - the absolute must have is a nice pool area as I anticipate spending a lot of time there....

So I was looking at examples such as
Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa
Lake Buena Vista Palace Hotel
Sheraton Vistana Village I-Drive
Waldorf Astoria (seems a good deal on Expedia for a 5*)

Any comments or solid recommendations?

Questions:
Kids are 5&7 - so I am thinking that near Disney is the best location for us - which area would you recommend?

I see booking Disney Hotels direct (book in at least the moderate category) AND you buy tickets through them then you get free dining for everyone....usually I would expect this to be poor value and of course you are paying a premium for a Disney Hotel - 14 day ultimate ticket is 252/232 , disney Carabean beach resort about $150 per night. Adding the dining plan to a booking is about £1000 for the 4 of us (not usually something I would consider).

Disney has a new value hotel "Art of annimation" - it looks great (for the kids) since it is all new approx £90 per night - it is near Disney Hollywood Studios. Any view as to worth considering?

Disney.co.uk give 4% Quidco just now http://www.quidco.com/disney-world/?ac
Your dates Port Orleans would be £2,928 including £968 for tickets. Works out at £115/nt for the room & Quick service dining plan after Quidco
Old Key West £3,430 inclusive, remove ticket cost and this works out at £145/nt incl regular dining plan, again after Quidco discount.
Both possibly cheaper on Complete Orlando site.

The regular dining plan gives you all the food you need, character meals, snacks, sodas etc. Quick service would not be for us we enjoy a table service dinner every evening. You just have tips to pay for ontop.

If you stay offsite then dining is cheaper if eat away from Disney, 4 of you would probably average around £70/day for food & snacks (could be a little either way, everyone is different) add cost of a room and you could be getting upto the onsite prices with free food.

If you look thru my live threads you can see the type of food you can get on regular DDP, latest here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954922

We don't like the value resorts, others love them, I certainly wouldn't pay £90/nt to stay in one. I went to look around Art of Animation in August, not our type of place, far too big and busy.

Will try get time to look at offsite costs for your dates, but many prefer to stay onsite for their first vist.

There are no dumb questions on here, everyone has to start somewhere.

Thanks for the quick reply.....I would usually look for something a bit better standard than the Art of Annimation - it just looked really nice given it is brand new - esp for the kids...Mermaid room etc....

What do you think to staying there for a week then moving off site? Assume a car is an absolute must?

Thanks for the above - will take a look at Port Orleans and Old Key West a bit later and certainly a look at the Complete Orlando Site.

I looked at a few offsite places....Lake BV Resort village £1569 = £92 p/n ; Floridays £2297 = £135 p/n; Waldorf Astoria £2142 = £126 p/n; BVista Palace Hotel £2261; all looked pretty good at quick glance.

Going indirect and booking the hotel direct seems to save around 2.5-3k ---which is pretty damn good!

Thanks for the quick reply.....I would usually look for something a bit better standard than the Art of Annimation - it just looked really nice given it is brand new - esp for the kids...Mermaid room etc....

What do you think to staying there for a week then moving off site? Assume a car is an absolute must?

Thanks for the above - will take a look at Port Orleans and Old Key West a bit later and certainly a look at the Complete Orlando Site.

I looked at a few offsite places....Lake BV Resort village £1569 = £92 p/n ; Floridays £2297 = £135 p/n; Waldorf Astoria £2142 = £126 p/n; BVista Palace Hotel £2261; all looked pretty good at quick glance.

Going indirect and booking the hotel direct seems to save around 2.5-3k ---which is pretty damn good!
I am sure many like the new hotel, we prefer quieter but we are 3 adults, our Son is 18 now.
Many manage without a car, we have always had one, we don't enjoy public transport, Disney transport is not bad but we prefer to use a mix with car, offsite then a car is far easier but still many manage without.
All good resorts but expensive, you should be able to get cheaper. Maybe a bit far out but look at Alpharooms, Expedia is generally expensive.
Just had a quick look and see Alpharooms have http://www.hiltonbonnetcreek.com/ at £1270 (£79/nt)
http://www.rosenshinglecreek.com/ at £1056 (£66/nt)
Buena Vista Palace at £991 (£61/nt)

Lots more choice. Hotels are very reasonable in Orlando, far too many for what they need.

You first choice is onsite or offsite but just shows how expensive Disney resorts are when you can stay 5* offsite for less than value onsite. Thats why they have to give free dining.

Yes indirect and booking your own hotels can save quite a bit, this year we paid £4,500 for flights, hotel, DDP, car & tickets. Virgin Holidays wanted over £12,000

I am so gutted that we can't get cheap flights from Belfast :sad1: I have been checking 3 times a day for several weeks now for August but can not get a flight for less than £630 return with United. Thats with first 3 nights stopping over in New York and then down to MCO and returning 11 nights later, 14 nights in total. There are 6 adults going and i have tried pricing in seperate groups but it makes no difference. I am so hoping that the prices drop a bit, or there will be no trip for us next year :sad::sad:

Is it still expensive if you miss NY?
I can find us good prices to Orlando and back but I want to fly back from Raleigh NC, almost doubles the price.
Might be worth not going to NYC if it adds a lot on.
Although £630 is not expensive for August anymore.

Been watching Skyscanner for 25 aug flights next year and the price has finally started to come down (£503 today from Manchester with one change with united) and I just wondered if any airlines do the xmas/new year sales? I remember years ago it was always said that Virgin did a big discount if you booked online on xmas day/new years day - is this still the case and so should I wait til then??

I'm hoping for under £480 per head if I can get it, my two kids are classed as adults now so 4 adults to pay for.

Is it still expensive if you miss NY?
I can find us good prices to Orlando and back but I want to fly back from Raleigh NC, almost doubles the price.
Might be worth not going to NYC if it adds a lot on.
Although £630 is not expensive for August anymore.

Its 540 without NY but ive never been and would really love to see it. The others are looking forward to it also. Think a bit of deliberation is needed :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter