• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August Exercise Challenge: "Every Day is a Good Day for Disney - AND for Exercise"

Happy "Fabulous Friday"!!!!

As promised, some team stats:
We have the biggest team so far this year, with 29 participants! party:
(That's 5 more than the January-July average, and 1 more than the second closest month, May.)
We have many returning from last month or after a break, and 9 who are brand new to the group!! :welcome:

90% of team members have reported in with exercise at least once this month. :cheer2:
Our biggest reporting day so far was Monday, August 3rd, with 69% reporting in, and 1,246 combined minutes! :cheer2:
Our average daily minutes as a team stands at 753! (Individual averages are available if anyone wants them.):cheer2:

And also, answers to yesterday's trivia:
1) b
2) a
3) d
4) f
5) e
Congrats to everyone who knew the park openings, and especially to alievans719 for being the first to answer correctly! pixiedust:

Aaaaand a big thanks to SarahDisney for teaching us all how to use the new Spoiler feature! :teacher:

And now for color changes:

Wow, what a day we had! :rainbow:

Congratulations to roxymama, 5xdisneyfans, and kathleen27 on turning Cloudless Sky Blue,

and to SarahDisney, LadyRayado, LizardQueen8, Rattpack, galaxygirl76, and hmack on hitting Sunshine Orange!

This team is doing a fabulous job speeding toward our goal!! :moped:

Oh, and my own minutes for yesterday - 35.

That's 20 minutes of a "real" walk by myself and a half hour of following the "furry princesses" around the yard...adjusted to 15 minutes of actual walking, 'cause these :cat: are distracted by these :snail:and these :squirrel: and these :flower:...)

So I'm at 110/620.

240/700 - up at 4:30 every morning this week so far to get my workout in!

Nice work getting up at o'dark thirty to meet your goals! :thumbsup2

45 minutes of low impact cardio and some stretching. I have a cold and wasn't in the mood for more hardcore exercising.

Hope you are feeling better soon! :flower3:

32 minute run this morning - it's been cooler in the mornings, so much better than this heat and humidity!

Cooler temps are so, so nice for running! :cool2:

25 minutes of walking again today. I feel like I'm coming down with something so we'll see what the next couple of days bring. Might need to rest rather than adding in the rowing machine. On the plus side, I've lost almost 2 lbs!

Hope you are feeling better soon and kudos for the weight loss this week! :yay:

45 minutes of pilates, 15 minutes of yoga. Hellooooooo, orange!

Woo hoo! :woohoo:

I shaved two minutes off my 3-mile loop time since Monday. That shows what a little less morning humidity and a stubborn can-do spirit will do for you!

You go girl! :cheer2:

Thanks @PollyannaMom for the interesting stats! :cool2:

Kudos to everyone for keeping up with their activity goals even in the dog days of summer! :sunny:

74 minutes with run group brings me to 362/1000

Well, yesterday was not great of an exercise day for me, but it looks like the group is doing awesome! I'm really glad I joined this group, I definitely feel even more of an urge to get out there and move!

Last night I only got some crunches in, about 10 minutes worth, so I'm at 230/1000. So close to Orange! But I've got some friends over this weekend so I wonder how much exercise I'll be doing.

Everybody, great job!!! :D

Thanks for all the stats, @PollyannaMom - it's really cool to see how the team is doing broken down into numbers!

17 minutes for me this morning ... I tried a barre video I found online, which was fun, but I'm not really in great shape for barre ... so it hurt a little.

291/1050

Tomorrow's a rest day for me (yay!), but I'm hoping to go for a run Sunday morning, so I'll be back then with lots of minutes!

Still felt exhausted today but don't really feel like I have a cold or anything - maybe allergies? Anyway, I only took my dog for her morning walk, which I don't really count as much exercise since she has to sniff everything. However, she does weigh over 90 pounds so there is some work involved in keeping her from dragging me all over the neighborhood! So I guess I'll count 15 minutes of the 30 or so we were actually out.

175/1000

Happy Saturday! So far, we have 381 minutes for yesterday, but I expect a few morning posts may come in later than usual because it's the weekend, so I'll try to check back at some point today. (If you post this morning, please say whether it's for yesterday or today.)

Here are our character photos for today, Mickey and Minnie "all dressed up" -
Mickey Easter.jpg Princess Minnie.jpg

:rainbow:
We have one new member of Sunshine Orange this morning - congratulations Keithsmomma!!

A couple more folks are pretty close, so keep up the good work, everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter